Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#182890 - 06/27/06 04:03 PM Re: everyone knows the former PFYC.COM car....
Cynthia Offline
Loc: Spring, TX
OMG THANK YOU! Where at? My step dad said they were so I was like.. That's a lot.
#182891 - 06/27/06 05:54 PM Re: everyone knows the former PFYC.COM car....
Kansas GXP Offline
Loc: Topeka, Kansas
You should be able to get them @ Wal-Mart, or AutoZone or any other auto parts store that you prefer. You can even get them on ebay if you like.
Just to be certain that it is just the bulb you need, take out your pass. side headlamp, the one that isn't broken, and take the bulb out.

Just two 10mm bolts that hold the headlamp in, and then slide it to the outside, and front of the car @ the same time to get the complete headlamp and turn signal assembly out. Then, the fitting for the headlamp bulb should just twist off and the bulb, and socket should pop out. Again, don't touch the actual glass of the bulb, as this will make it not work. I would try placing that bulb into the driverside hlp. to see if it works. If so, then all you need is a replacement set of bulbs, and you're golden. smile
#182892 - 06/27/06 06:12 PM Re: everyone knows the former PFYC.COM car....
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Cynthia, if you have high beams there's a good chance you do not have HID's. If I recall the car has the upgraded headlight harness which makes the headlights brighter.
If you can open the hood and get us a pic of the top side/back of the headlight housing, we should be able to help you decide if you have HID's.

...and I think you should get a new set of clear corners instead of just one oem T/S housing.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#182893 - 06/27/06 06:40 PM Re: everyone knows the former PFYC.COM car....
Cynthia Offline
Alright alright hold on. I've been to autozone and I bought a regular lightbulb that the guy said should work. But when my step dad and I took it off and finally got to the lighting, he said that it wasnt. Now I am not quite sure what you are wanting tme to take a picture of. Forgive me for being brainless about cars, mind has been on other more important things.
#182894 - 06/27/06 06:52 PM Re: everyone knows the former PFYC.COM car....
Cynthia Offline
This has to be a a Catz HID it says so... it's the full Kit. That or else I'm just dumb. Sorry I don't know how to make them smaller. I used photobucket.

Oh an the black is almost gone. Need a lot of work though. Some of the bumps we got out, I believe came back. which sucks, but will get it done.

#182895 - 06/27/06 07:04 PM Re: everyone knows the former PFYC.COM car....
AustinGTP Offline
Well, that pic proves it... HID's.

ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#182896 - 06/27/06 07:08 PM Re: everyone knows the former PFYC.COM car....
Cynthia Offline
Ah crap... Do you know where I can buy the BULB?
#182897 - 06/27/06 07:31 PM Re: everyone knows the former PFYC.COM car....
AustinGTP Offline
Try calling 800-523-3548 and ask them if they have replacement bulbs. Pull the bulb from the pass side and see if it has any numbers on the base. Don't touch the glass with your fingers. If the pass side bulb has any numbers on it, you'll want to have that with you when you call. Be prepared to fork over a lot of money for a set of bulbs. I've found some from looking around on the e-net that appear to be under $200 for a set of bulbs, but I'm not sure if they are the ones you need.
If they can't help you ask them if they know of anyone who can.

#182898 - 06/27/06 07:34 PM Re: everyone knows the former PFYC.COM car....
Cynthia Offline
Alright, will do. Thank you for your help. I greatly appreciate it. I already have one light pulled and it is at my step dad's so I will have to do all of this Friday. Until then I suppose all I can do is try to fix what I can with the car. Though I'm afraid I will break something.
#182899 - 06/27/06 08:19 PM Re: everyone knows the former PFYC.COM car....
Kansas GXP Offline
Cynthia,
Sorry for the mix up, by looking @ the previous pictures, I thougt for sure that you had regular headlamps, w/ brighter bulbs.

Good thing Austin is here to set everything straight.

Tks. Bro banghead banghead
#182900 - 06/27/06 10:05 PM Re: everyone knows the former PFYC.COM car....
AustinGTP Offline
Hey, I didn't think she had HID's either, but the HID ballast was proof positive.

cheers

#182901 - 06/27/06 10:39 PM Re: everyone knows the former PFYC.COM car....
Cynthia Offline
Lol. Awesome you guys. You two are the biggest help really. And thank you for helping me out aat clubgp I can't figure out why they wont accept me in there. I believe I should be able to defend myself against the immature "spoiled brat" comment and the cell phone comment. Considering I do not talk on the phone unless it is an emergency. But yeah. Oh well then. Don't judge a book by it's cover, correct?

There's always a deeper story within.
#182902 - 06/28/06 08:37 AM Re: everyone knows the former PFYC.COM car....
Kansas GXP Offline
I have never been a member @ any other sites, but I have read into some of the post, and I can tell you this, I learned really quickly that everyone is accepted in this forum. Don't matter what kind of GP you drive, or even if you don't anymore, all info. is appreciated from everyone. smile
#182903 - 06/28/06 09:40 AM Re: everyone knows the former PFYC.COM car....
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Cynthia:
aat clubgp I can't figure out why they wont accept me in there.
They're jealous. Plus I find that most of the members over there if they don't know what to do they latch onto something and just showcase their idiocy.
#182904 - 06/28/06 12:16 PM Re: everyone knows the former PFYC.COM car....
Cynthia Offline
Oh, well how lovely is that. Oh I checked the fuses and none of them are blown or broken or anything. So that can not be it. Thank you though. And I will check the wiring with my step dad considering he works on his vette all the time, then he might know some about wiring and help me with my car.

Some of you guys need to get on my sister about not changing her oil herself. Instead of letting me do it, she spends money on it. Heh, I think you all should help me convince her to stop and just let me do it.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >