Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#184900 - 09/05/04 05:21 PM GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Ohhh how I hate when tire stores use the dang blastit impact wrench to put tires on. Today I thought I'd rotate the tires on both the GP and the Silverado. The GP went smooth. So on to the truck. Left side the lugnuts were on so tight I started to twist my star wrench. So off to the tool box for a breaker bar and socket. First four were a butthead. Then the fifth I ended up breaking my breaker bar WTF? So now back to the tool box for breaker bar number two put a 1 inch combo wrench on the end for some extra leverage and finally with a little help I got it off. Stripped the nut a bit oh well I'll have to goto the parts store and get some new nuts. So off to the other side. Two of those bastiches were on so friggin tight I couldn't get em too budge at all. I tried liquid wrench, torching em with my propane torch, smackin em hard with a BFG all to no joy. So I said F it I'll try my nut buster gooogily smooogily that little... wouldn't fit So after spending five hours trying to get my front tire off I ended up having to get my drill and drill out the studs so I could get the dang nuts off. Well here it is a holiday weekend and my truck is out of commision waiting on new wheel studs. Of the three local parts stores VIP and Advance Auto neither of em have the studs in stock and the NAPA is closed till tuesday. Ohh I'm sooooo Pi$%%$%%$3#^$&&%#_#^*_#*^_#&*^_*^#$+@(*^*^*^(#+$)*^*^**%()$($*^*#)@_$(**$)#+#(+#(%+#(%*@)_+#$%*+#%)(*+@(%+@%*@+%_(#+^(#*^#+^.
#184901 - 09/06/04 11:46 AM Re: GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kirmie Offline
Loc: Toledo
lol, that remiinds me about when i tried to change the rotor on my 93 grand prix. Had it on a lift and tried an impact wrench, no go. Broke a wrench, torched it, liqu wrenched it. I even tried a big ass wrench with a 6 foot pipe for leverage. Took a good couple of hours to get off. banghead
#184902 - 09/06/04 01:36 PM Re: GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!
TexasGP Offline
Loc: Georgetown, Texas
I had a shop do an oil change on my old car, and I think they must have used an impact to put the drain plug back in. Next oil chage I did it myself.....well tried to. I broke 4 sockets and 2 ratchets. Rounded off the bolt... mad ....took a chisel and 5 lb. hammer to it. No go. Finally the torch.....heated it up.......and finally got it off....Quick lube shops...gotta love 'em.
#184903 - 09/06/04 05:15 PM Re: GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Well 60 miles of driving later I finally got my tires rotated. Had to go to the next town over to get two new wheel studs. Man that was a weekend project from hell.
#184904 - 09/06/04 08:26 PM Re: GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!
zachd Offline
Loc: Evansville, IN
I would bitch at the shop that did the work for you. Even tho I would very much like it if they went out of business the tire shop i bought my last set from after i WHINED AND COMPLAINED because they cause cause me the same heart ache where they cross threaded a nut on my new wheels when i put tires on them. Other than that and making them pay for the i think 1.00 lug stud replacement they had never overtightened. I watched them anytime I had them doing work on it and they had there impact set to only tight so far and then they would tighten the rest by torque wrench. I liked that. But after them efin around with my alignment and not wanting to refund any part of money for an alignment that made my car drive worse i told them to shove a 3/4 inch socket where the sun is not intended to shine. And they will not get my business anymore. Now the sad part is there is not one tire shop in my town that i trust or like.....damnit im picky(oh there is one but you have to buy wheels and tires to get the tires mounted, hehe thats me......)
#184905 - 09/07/04 03:36 PM Re: GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
Well 60 miles of driving later I finally got my tires rotated. Had to go to the next town over to get two new wheel studs. Man that was a weekend project from hell.
Welcome to Maine, where it's a 60 mile trip to the next town....

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
#184906 - 09/07/04 05:06 PM Re: GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Oh by the way. The place my wife had it done at VIP in Topsham Maine is a bunch of losers. Everytime I go in there and go to the parts counter I am treated like I have no clue about cars. While I was in the process of trying to remove those nuts and realized I needed new wheel studs I sent my wife over to pick em up from VIP. Well she gets there and asks if they have any and the idiot behind the counter laughs at her and says see you should have the shop rotate your tires. Needless to say I told my wife never to shop there again and also told all my buds I work with that that place is ... you fill in the blank. You know what I just might have to go and have a talk with the manager and tell him my problem and that I'm contacting the corporate office and complaing about the apalling customer service I have there.
#184907 - 09/08/04 03:31 AM Re: GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!
zachd Offline
Loc: Evansville, IN
off subject but not its about crappy quality service..........5/3 bank........cant trust them to hand a couple deposits and direct pay on a mortgage worthless pieces of (fill in the blank).....