Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#185233 - 01/12/06 11:11 AM Discrimination
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
Yesterday i enter to GP club and found some topics about the wall on the border. I understand every point of view.

I read this that make me think

"Why mexican olympic team sucks?, cause everyone who jumps high, runs fast and swims fast is into the USA"... lol lol lol

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
#185234 - 01/12/06 11:34 AM Re: Discrimination
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
I know what you mean Alex...
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#185235 - 01/14/06 02:14 PM Re: Discrimination
new984me Offline
Loc: Arizona
if that makes you angry watch the movie Crash. I will not let my wife watch it because of how bad it was. It really makes you think how the world today is. just remember you can make the difference.
D
#185236 - 01/15/06 09:47 AM Re: Discrimination
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
I don't see the wall being built as discrimination. It's about security.
#185237 - 01/15/06 01:01 PM Re: Discrimination
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Quote:
Originally posted by BryantGTP:
I don't see the wall being built as discrimination. It's about security.
If it was about security, we'd have our border with canada walled off too.
#185238 - 01/15/06 05:16 PM Re: Discrimination
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
Not supporting either way, but it seems it is about security with increasing violence / drug importation and illegal immigration (whether you're against that or not, its still illegal to just walk right over into either country). Not necessarily as big as a problem as the Canadian border.
Unfortunately, its a select few that sorta ruin it for everyone.
#185239 - 01/15/06 05:53 PM Re: Discrimination
BryantGTP Offline
The Mexican border is a much bigger threat to the US.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't have security measures between us and Canada, but this is a start.
#185240 - 01/15/06 08:51 PM Re: Discrimination
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Yeah I agree Bryant, just playing devils advocate here.

And, just because Mexico seems to be a bigger threat right now...what do you think happens to the canadian border after the Mexican border is sealed off? The bad things/people will always enter through the easiest point of entry.

I just don't know if the time/effort/money on the Mexican wall is worth it.
#185241 - 01/16/06 12:03 PM Re: Discrimination
Alex Offline
Well i feel so ashamed cause my people have to search for oportunities in other countries, you have the right to build a wall, a fence or if you want dig and drop some crocodiles to avoid whatever you want, i' mean it is your country, just don't loose the point that is a win win, relationship, i do not want to sart an economy topic here, but is very good to know your real view of this, cause news sometimes are not as objective as i'd like.
Any of my words are trying to be rude ok?.
This forum has always shown respect for everybody. cheers

My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
#185242 - 01/16/06 02:10 PM Re: Discrimination
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
I definetly think the US should make it a lot easier for people to come over and work and stuff. The people who are doing that aren't the problem, in my view, its the few people that are ruining it with violence and drug trafficking.
Even then, I'm still not really supporting this huge wall, not because of what is doing physically, but the symbol it becomes.
I'm sure Mexico and the US could work together and find a better solution.
#185243 - 01/16/06 02:43 PM Re: Discrimination
Alex Offline
I really think there are a lot of hidden interests that take advantage of cheap hand labor and not legal workers, i think they have to make this wall circus and mexican government rejecting it once a while to make us think they will solve this millionaire issue. Anyway i don't believe a wall will solve any problem.
Just my opinion.

#185244 - 01/16/06 04:06 PM Re: Discrimination
BryantGTP Offline
The wall was included in a package that included several other regulations:

1. By 2009, all employees must have a Social Security Number
2. Driving Under the Influence is a deportable offense.
3. Ends "Catch and Release." Illegal aliens will no longer be released in the US if they are caught jumping the border. They illegals will be deported back to Mexico.
4. Harder punishment for reentry offenses (multiple offenses).
5. Allow longer prison sentences for illegal aliens.

I think the wall makes sense since illegal aliens are constantly tying up our legal system and wasting tax money with border enforcement. More importantly, I think a country has every right to secure its border however it sees fit.

Illegal aliens are a big problem in the US. They don't pay taxes, they tie up our legal system, they overcrowd prisons by forcing detainment of non-residents, etc...

On the other hand, illegal aliens perform many of the jobs that Americans won't do.
#185245 - 01/17/06 10:03 AM Re: Discrimination
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
The US has a treaty with Canada. It was signed back in 1909, it is called the Rush-Bagot treaty. It was a mutual disarmament between the U.S and Canada. That is the reason why we dont have a wall between the two countries. It is now an unguarded border that the U.S. does not have to worry so much about.
#185246 - 01/17/06 12:51 PM Re: Discrimination
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
The US has a treaty with Canada. It was signed back in 1909, it is called the Rush-Bagot treaty. It was a mutual disarmament between the U.S and Canada. That is the reason why we dont have a wall between the two countries. It is now an unguarded border that the U.S. does not have to worry so much about.
But are there a lot of illeagal immagrants from Canada doing the same thing as mentioned in the other previous post i.e., not paying taxes, e.t.c.? That Naval treaty for the lakes did later help in declairing peace between Canada and US. The thing is Mexico is at peace with US also via the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo.

I don't jump into general clubGP topics anymore as some folks have the "kill them all" or "all these xxxx are this and that" and they flood the thread with them. Hard to sqeeze in an intellectual debate with high emotions flying everywhere and folks taking things WAAYYYY too personal.

This thread's style, on the other hand, is a lot more my taste.

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
#185247 - 01/17/06 01:06 PM Re: Discrimination
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
I would have to guess that there is a bigger problem with Mexico than Canada. How strict are the Mexican customs? Maybe the Canadians customs are better?