Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#185248 - 01/17/06 05:24 PM Re: Discrimination
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
I would have to guess that there is a bigger problem with Mexico than Canada. How strict are the Mexican customs? Maybe the Canadians customs are better?
It isn't just customs. I think it's just the wider economic gap between Mexico vs. Canada. Canada's economy is about the same as the US. Mexico has a lot of poverty. That in turn could create poor customs services, bribes, corruption, etc.

Also, with the geographic location, it's probably easier to smuggle drugs from Central America through Mexico into the US rather than going all the way around to Canada.

Those are just guesses on my part though.
#185249 - 01/18/06 09:37 AM Re: Discrimination
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by TastyBake:
But are there a lot of illeagal immagrants from Canada doing the same thing as mentioned in the other previous post i.e., not paying taxes, e.t.c.? That Naval treaty for the lakes did later help in declairing peace between Canada and US. The thing is Mexico is at peace with US also via the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo.
The treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo was a treaty ending the Mexican-American War. It wasnt really a disarmament like Rush-Bagot. The Mexican-American War was over territory that America eventually got. Rush-Bagot just established boundaries. Guadalupe Hidalgo completely changed what America and Mexico looked like.

I agree that this is why I stay here and not at club gp... too much drama.
#185250 - 01/18/06 04:42 PM Re: Discrimination
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
Quote:
I agree that this is why I stay here and not at club gp... too much drama.
x3
#185251 - 01/20/06 07:15 AM Re: Discrimination
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
Let me tell you that one of the parts of my job is as a consultant for the enterprises who export to USA, i do help them logistical processes to be more secure, in order to continue exporting to USA, we work together with US Customs and Border Patrol, this initiative is called BASC (Business Alliance For Secure Commerce) and it started in Mexico and Colombia and now is going all around the world, and let me tell you that there are a lot of people all along America (i mean all the continent) that are working hard to fight Smuggling, narcotraffic and terrorism into the international supply chain, so i hope my work and a lot of people serves a little to help.

Visit www.basco.org

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
----------------------------------
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2