Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#185545 - 07/16/07 07:10 PM Work video I compiled
20gtp02 Offline
For the past 2.5 months, on and off a little, my dad and I have been renovating a kitchen. I took a bunch of pics and compiled it in this video. The kitchen is 98% done with a few minor details to attend to. I want to take a short video of the kitchen when all that is done, but I have these pics so far.
There is a bunch of other work we did for these people that isn't quite seen in all the pics. The spice rack including the wood doors is hand crafter by my dad, I helped assemble that. We did all the work except run the gas line for the new gas stove, hook up the air handler up in the attic, cabinets Hickory ordered through LOWES, and we hired some guys we use to other jobs to replaster the walls and ceiling. All the electrical, plumbing, tile, what not we did. Just thought I would post this thing up.
Estimated cost with labor $25-28K. My dad is a light freak, our house has lights everywhere, so he talked the lady into a lot of lights. I wired the lower cabinets with push button switches so when the doors open the inside cabinet lights up. Same with that hall closet and the spice cabinet.

Kitchen

#185546 - 07/16/07 08:17 PM Re: Work video I compiled
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Nice. I didn't watch the whole thing, just the beginning and the final product at the end. Turn out real nice.
Good job!

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#185547 - 07/16/07 09:06 PM Re: Work video I compiled
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
Very good looking kitchen. Nice job!

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#185548 - 07/17/07 02:25 AM Re: Work video I compiled
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
outstanding results!...I just got done remodeling our kitchen this past spring. I certainly didnt go to the extent that you guys did. All that subflooring and relocating the airhandler is quite impressive...its almost kind of funny how we pulled walnut cabinets out and installed white ones while you did the exact opposite laugh ...I personally love the wood look but we concede the kitchen to the lady of the house (this is how I keep the garage)...finished product was awesome...well done, two big thumbs up thumbsup thumbsup
(love the video music choices btw)

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#185549 - 07/17/07 11:21 AM Re: Work video I compiled
Caesar Offline
Loc: Michigan
I wish my kitchen was as big as the one in that video. The transformation looks great! thumbsup
#185550 - 07/17/07 01:02 PM Re: Work video I compiled
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
Video was way too long for me to sit still through! So I only checked out the beginning and the end, but the finished result looks very nice.

'97 SE with alot of mods
#185551 - 07/17/07 03:14 PM Re: Work video I compiled
20gtp02 Offline
Pics were only set to 3 secs, it was set to 5, which would of been way long. If it was a video on high speed doing some mods to my car some you would watch the whole thing. The kitchen was small, so we got them to make some changes, like throwing the air handler up. That big cabinet kinda stinks, we tried talking them out of it, but she wanted soo much storage.

#185552 - 07/17/07 03:45 PM Re: Work video I compiled
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
Nice job! We did some similar work earlier this year, new floors, cabinets, changing a wall, paint, everything else. Luckily didn't have to touch the subfloor plywood. We did have to remove an air duct, thats all.
Is the wife much happier now? Do you eat home-cooked meals more often now?
#185553 - 07/17/07 03:50 PM Re: Work video I compiled
20gtp02 Offline
Yah, the owners wanted tile on the floor, so when we got inspecting under the air handler, the whol floor was rotten. So I spent two whole days and like 2,000 screws later and a lot of 2x4 spliced blocks to secure the joists together. The floor now is the strongest floor in the house, now cracks or squeeks, and the rest of the house squeeks like crazy.