Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#186145 - 08/28/08 05:16 PM Re: WOW i think Final Fantasy has gone too far....
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
Quote:
Originally posted by r.s.hutchinson:
Quote:
I've driven a handful of cars and trucks (SUVs basically a manly version of a mini-van) throughout the night and through the next afternoon before. It was addictive especially if you're speeding. I'd think about my car all week until I get bored or see a car I like more or if it becomes repetitious. I never drove one car for that long. My record may have been throughout a night but that's it.

On a couple of occasions, my car would get totalled by either the telephone pole or if the deer jumps infront of me. All the hours and wasted summer days. For nothing. Then I realized an engineer or something a designer put together, tested it (maybe) and released it. After a few years, the car becomes completely forgotten. Able to go really fast in a DeLorean? Who cares. They stopped making DeLoreans almost 2.5 decades ago. Time you can't get back.

I understand wanting to know what the car tops out at but its just that. A car whipped together by a bunch of dudes.
The same could be said about a car. A few substitutions and that opinion you have about games fits the same for cars. But do you find your love for your car trivial and useless?
I know this is approaching the Book of Ecclesiastes "it's all useless" philosophy about life. However, the above with cars is more of a hobby. I'm talking about obsessing over something meaningless for weeks and placing it as higher priority than focusing on other things that can be done to better oneself as well as help the community and country.

Its like putting dark tint on a car, driving around for a ridiculous amount of hours just to drive around, not looking or stopping to talk to someone, not stopping to eat, not getting paid for it and doing this several weeks.

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2