Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#186130 - 08/20/08 06:41 PM WOW i think Final Fantasy has gone too far....
'01 GT Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
lol a whole day to beat an enemy? Come on!!

Thats a little rediculous IMO...

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/new-game-enemy-takes-a-solid-day-to-defeat/1238418

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
01 3.2 intercooled GT RIP
#186131 - 08/20/08 06:48 PM Re: WOW i think Final Fantasy has gone too far....
BoostenGTP Offline
Loc: Michigan
hahahahhahaha South Park FTW!
#186132 - 08/20/08 06:53 PM Re: WOW i think Final Fantasy has gone too far....
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Loc: Ontario, Canada
the only FF i liked was FF7 and their direct spin offs.
#186133 - 08/20/08 09:51 PM Re: WOW i think Final Fantasy has gone too far....
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
sounds like a good way to drive off some of their hardcore gamers.
#186134 - 08/20/08 10:32 PM Re: WOW i think Final Fantasy has gone too far....
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Awesome! Sounds like a fun day :rolleyes:
#186135 - 08/20/08 11:59 PM Re: WOW i think Final Fantasy has gone too far....
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
I can't believe people actually played for 18hrs straight to beat it. After 15mins, I would have found something better to do.
#186136 - 08/21/08 12:45 AM Re: WOW i think Final Fantasy has gone too far....
'01 GT Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
ya...i mean if i stay on one character for more than 10 minutes im done with that game! lol then its time to sell it!! haha

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
01 3.2 intercooled GT RIP
#186137 - 08/21/08 02:29 AM Re: WOW i think Final Fantasy has gone too far....
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by ifitwasnt4u:
Awesome! Sounds like a fun day :rolleyes:
IF they had beaten it, maybe. But to play for that long, and not even have really dented it?

Oh, wait, you were being sarcastic... lol
#186138 - 08/21/08 09:39 AM Re: WOW i think Final Fantasy has gone too far....
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
lol At work there is a group of guys that play it and trying to get me to join in... I'm going to have to tell them about this one! FFXI is just not my thing...
#186139 - 08/21/08 10:11 AM Re: WOW i think Final Fantasy has gone too far....
Zalfrin Offline
Loc: Iowa City, IA
FF5 and 6 were awesome (FF3 in the US) 7 and 8 were pretty good, its been downhill since then... I remember playing FFA and FFL on the gameboy, boy were they poorly translated.
#186140 - 08/27/08 03:17 PM Re: WOW i think Final Fantasy has gone too far....
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
I've heard of this. This is known in the game industry as the "unbeatable boss". Forums reported it is beatable but it takes 18 hrs. Actually, after 18 hrs, they still didn't beat it. The original came out in 2003. The expansion pack came out in 2007.
These folks wasted 18+ hours all because a setting in a config file told the boss to be that hard. When that's on my mind, I'd stop the game.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/688158/Final_Fantasy_XI_18_Hour_Boss_Fight.html

BTW:
I played a handful of games and multi-user dungeon (MUDs, basically a role playing game) throughout the night and through the next afternoon before. It was addictive especially if you're progressing. I'd think about the game all week until I get to an impassible point or if it becomes repetitious. I never played against one boss for that long. My record may have been throughout a night but that's it.

On a couple of occasions, my character would get deleted by either the admin or if the cartridge gets broken. All the hours and wasted summer days. For nothing. Then I realized a video game something a code writer put together, tested it (maybe) and released it. After a few years, the game becomes completely forgotten. Able to get really far in Phantasy Star? Who cares. They stopped making a Sega Master System almost 2 decades ago. Time you can't get back.

I understand wanting to know what the last scene of a game looks like but its just that. A scene whipped together by a bunch of dudes.

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
#186141 - 08/27/08 04:15 PM Re: WOW i think Final Fantasy has gone too far....
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Quote:
I've driven a handful of cars and trucks (SUVs basically a manly version of a mini-van) throughout the night and through the next afternoon before. It was addictive especially if you're speeding. I'd think about my car all week until I get bored or see a car I like more or if it becomes repetitious. I never drove one car for that long. My record may have been throughout a night but that's it.

On a couple of occasions, my car would get totalled by either the telephone pole or if the deer jumps infront of me. All the hours and wasted summer days. For nothing. Then I realized an engineer or something a designer put together, tested it (maybe) and released it. After a few years, the car becomes completely forgotten. Able to go really fast in a DeLorean? Who cares. They stopped making DeLoreans almost 2.5 decades ago. Time you can't get back.

I understand wanting to know what the car tops out at but its just that. A car whipped together by a bunch of dudes.
The same could be said about a car. A few substitutions and that opinion you have about games fits the same for cars. But do you find your love for your car trivial and useless?
#186142 - 08/27/08 04:23 PM Re: WOW i think Final Fantasy has gone too far....
Zalfrin Offline
Loc: Iowa City, IA
lol
#186143 - 08/27/08 05:14 PM Re: WOW i think Final Fantasy has gone too far....
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
At least a car is tangible. It provide physical sensations and feelings that can only be invoked by a real object. Plus, it's useful. Games serve no purpose but to entertain, while offering almost nothing fulfilling. Of course, games don't require constant fuel and money outlay, but then keeping a computer updated and paying monthly feeds (WoW) seem to level the playing field.

Anyway, I've had my share of hours wasted playing games, but 18 straight? Daaaaa-yum.
#186144 - 08/27/08 06:52 PM Re: WOW i think Final Fantasy has gone too far....
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Impressive, r.s.hutchinson. lol
#186145 - 08/28/08 05:16 PM Re: WOW i think Final Fantasy has gone too far....
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
Quote:
Originally posted by r.s.hutchinson:
Quote:
I've driven a handful of cars and trucks (SUVs basically a manly version of a mini-van) throughout the night and through the next afternoon before. It was addictive especially if you're speeding. I'd think about my car all week until I get bored or see a car I like more or if it becomes repetitious. I never drove one car for that long. My record may have been throughout a night but that's it.

On a couple of occasions, my car would get totalled by either the telephone pole or if the deer jumps infront of me. All the hours and wasted summer days. For nothing. Then I realized an engineer or something a designer put together, tested it (maybe) and released it. After a few years, the car becomes completely forgotten. Able to go really fast in a DeLorean? Who cares. They stopped making DeLoreans almost 2.5 decades ago. Time you can't get back.

I understand wanting to know what the car tops out at but its just that. A car whipped together by a bunch of dudes.
The same could be said about a car. A few substitutions and that opinion you have about games fits the same for cars. But do you find your love for your car trivial and useless?
I know this is approaching the Book of Ecclesiastes "it's all useless" philosophy about life. However, the above with cars is more of a hobby. I'm talking about obsessing over something meaningless for weeks and placing it as higher priority than focusing on other things that can be done to better oneself as well as help the community and country.

Its like putting dark tint on a car, driving around for a ridiculous amount of hours just to drive around, not looking or stopping to talk to someone, not stopping to eat, not getting paid for it and doing this several weeks.

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >