Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#186381 - 06/25/09 06:21 PM An icon died today.
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
#186382 - 06/25/09 06:22 PM Re: An icon died today.
2fast4u Offline
Loc: Livonia, MI
RIP Micheal

Mods: 11.87@115 strictly stock
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/98-GTP-burnout_207724.htm
#186383 - 06/25/09 06:27 PM Re: An icon died today.
Richard Candelario Offline
we just lost one of the greatest performers of our time. For music: this is like losing Micheal Jordan.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#186384 - 06/25/09 06:32 PM Re: An icon died today.
BoostenGTP Offline
Loc: Michigan
I was reading this on TMZ and didnt believe it one bit, then turned on the TV and they said he was in a coma. then like 10 mins later they pronounced him dead. RIP Micheal.
#186385 - 06/25/09 06:37 PM Re: An icon died today.
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
I haven't seen any official that he died. Still only reporting cardiac arrest and off to the hospital. No word on his current condition. However Farrah Fawsset (sp?) did pass today.
#186386 - 06/25/09 06:38 PM Re: An icon died today.
BoostenGTP Offline
Loc: Michigan
MSNBC has confirmed death, and LA Times got word from officers and doctors there.
#186387 - 06/25/09 06:42 PM Re: An icon died today.
tazfootball2 Offline
Loc: Westport, IN
Yep, I was just about to post this a couple of minutes ago. ...And as stated above, Farrah Fawcet has died also. Crazy day for entertainment.

R.I.P.
Michael Jackson & Farrah Fawcet

#186388 - 06/25/09 07:07 PM Re: An icon died today.
The Associated Press on Yahoo just confirmed it. 50 years old.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#186389 - 06/25/09 09:04 PM Re: An icon died today.
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
I have no words...

RIP Michael.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#186390 - 06/25/09 09:46 PM Re: An icon died today.
72chevman Offline
Loc: Where Dorthy,Toto & Wicked Wit...
For us older guys. This was iconic
03 GT, STB, GM HD sway bars, 35% tint, GE893(37watt)fogs, Flowtech Terminators, 180 T-stat, ZZP DP & PCM, Ceramic PLOG & Crossover, 18" glasspack, 2007 17" Mustang Bullits 235/55/17 Pirelli PZero Nero, 12" R1 D\S rotors, gutted air box, GTP radiator
#186391 - 06/26/09 01:30 PM Re: An icon died today.
jeremy Offline
Loc: Mableton, GA
RIP Farrah Fawcet
sorry but i cant bring my self to say the same for Micheal Jackson.

#186392 - 06/26/09 03:11 PM Re: An icon died today.
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
RIP both Farrah and Jackson.

text I just got...

"They said MJ was made out of 95% plastic, so they are going to melt him down into legos so the kids can still play with him."
#186393 - 06/26/09 05:31 PM Re: An icon died today.
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by ifitwasnt4u:
"They said MJ was made out of 95% plastic, so they are going to melt him down into legos so the kids can still play with him."
lol, I heard his death was from food poisoning because he ate some 12 year old nuts.

lol
#186394 - 06/26/09 05:48 PM Re: An icon died today.
McDonalds is paying tribute: 50 year old meat between 10 year old buns.

(I cant believe I just jumped on that bandwagon...)

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#186395 - 06/26/09 06:01 PM Re: An icon died today.
Acefighter Offline
Wow, Rick, that is bad... lol lol
#186396 - 06/26/09 10:10 PM Re: An icon died today.
I saw it on the phone of the workers at this Chevy dealership today.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#186397 - 06/27/09 01:11 AM Re: An icon died today.
snowrider900 Offline
Loc: Owatonna mn
Farrah Faucet died and went to heaven, she met God, he gave her one wish. she asked for all the children of the world to be safe,,,God paused a moment and said they will, I just killed micheal jackson
I have no feeling for a dead child molester ...
If ya didnt like me before ya sure as heck wont now LOL
#186398 - 06/27/09 02:41 AM Re: An icon died today.
Acefighter Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by snowrider900:
Farrah Faucet died and went to heaven, she met God, he gave her one wish. she asked for all the children of the world to be safe,,,God paused a moment and said they will, I just killed micheal jackson
I have no feeling for a dead child molester ...
If ya didnt like me before ya sure as heck wont now LOL
LOL

"But he was ruled not guilty!"

Yea, so was O.J.

I agree with you, snowrider.
#186399 - 06/27/09 03:01 AM Re: An icon died today.
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
I don't listen the music. I find hard to believe about if he is really child molester or not. All famous star always get away for something bad.

Oh yeah. WHOLE world knew OJ killed his wife. At least he is still in jail about stolen items. That's last time I heard.

It is crazy that all famous stars just died very young or on drug. I remember I read link that police tow doctor's car from Michael Jackson's house. I mean he is doctor. It is not like he is murder him. Or maybe?
#186400 - 06/27/09 03:11 AM Re: An icon died today.
Acefighter Offline
That's what they are looking into, Palsut. He gave MJ some sort of injection a little while before he died.
#186401 - 06/27/09 10:34 AM Re: An icon died today.
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Loc: Ontario, Canada
I have no remorse for the death of that milk chocolate baby dangler.

He was a pedo. Ppl idolize him for his music and dance which I can understand as he has influenced the industry significantly but that does not mean we should overlook the sick and disgusting things he did at Neverland Ranch and wherever else he did that shat!

I read this on another forum:

MJ's autopsy results are in - asphyxiation. He choked on a 12 yr old weiner.
#186402 - 06/27/09 11:01 AM Re: An icon died today.
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
"The King" is a term I have heard many times in my life as a crown for someone who has achieved great things at what they do. When one of these people passes away it always brings a moment of sadness and the wonder of who will be the next person to bear the weight of any given crown.

Such was the case when I heard about the passing of music icon Micheal Jackson. I could not help but remember that when I was a teen (and so was Micheal since we are the same age) the nation mourned the passing of Elvis Presley. This musical revolutionary rose to stardom at a young age and then rocketed to heights that few could imagine. Ultimately he became a victim of his own fame and fortune, as with many like him, he used his wealth to try and buy himself privacy and a life out of the public eye. I have always found it ironic that the very fans who pour out their adoration for these performers onstage can become so overly obsessive as to haunt their private lives like demented stalkers. Elvis finally succumbed to the pressures of his lifestyle at a mere 42 years of age.

At the time of Elvis "The King" passing, Micheal Jackson was already a recording star having burst onto the music scene with the Jackson 5 at a scant 11 years old. He later broke out as a solo talent and then took the world by storm with his "Thriller" album. He also drove the genre of music video to entirely new levels and established that as a true art form. As successful as all of these achievements were, nothing could take away or replace the sheer performance style and presence of Jackson onstage. Michaels' ability to express himself with his unique combination of music and dance were things of energy that came straight from his soul. A soul we would sadly find out later to be tormented and wounded.

I personally believe that Jackson suffered from never really having a childhood, or at least one filled with loving memories. He struck me as still having the outlook and simple innocence of child-like thoughts and views on the world. Sometimes I believe his plastic surgeries were an effort to try and escape from himself, a makeover attempt to create another life he longed for. I think he always felt more welcome around children since he shared their simple and open mentality about life. But as most of us know, we in the adult world cannot live in that existence without controversy and ill event. Somehow I think Michael was never truly equipped for adult life and the pressures of responsibility that it brings, especially the kind of pressure that the public life of a celebrity can bring.

Many of us have seen films where boys are trapped in men's bodies and vice-versa, and it all makes for a couple of hours of fun comedy but in the end the moral usually tells of how we need to be comfortable in our own skin. Michael Jackson I think represented a harsh reality of young boy who felt the love of his fans while he performed onstage but had no means to battle or cope with the emptiness of his personal life. Fame and wealth can make people do many stupid things and I fear his reclusiveness skewed his perceptions.

All of his controversy aside, nothing will ever be able to take away or dim the power of his talent or the sheer exuberance of his onstage presence. I believe time will burn away the ills of his personal life like a crucible and all that will remain will be what he poured out to us in the studio and on stage. Just like the "kings" who came before him, Michael Jackson's legacy will stand on its own merit of music and dance as we had never seen it done before...only time will tell if we shall see it happen again. If it does indeed then it will surely have been inspired by the gift of his talents that he gave to the world in such great abundance.
We all have our human flaws and virtually every religion in the world promotes the concept of forgiveness. I hope time will heal the wounds of Micheals life and I hope God in Heaven will give his tormented soul the peace and rest it has sought for so very long.
Out of all of Michael Jacksons' hit songs, none has ever rang more true to me and I would hope mankind as a whole than "Man in the Mirror"
May those lyrics from "The King of Pop" never be dimmed.

Godspeed MJ, you shall not be soon forgotten.

-Timmy Green

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#186403 - 06/28/09 02:48 AM Re: An icon died today.
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Well said TBat.
#186404 - 06/28/09 03:01 AM Re: An icon died today.
'01 GT Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Quote:
Originally posted by UMfan:
Well said TBat.
x2.

I think Tim just expressed what the whole world is feeling right now. It truly was a sad moment when I found out he had been rushed to the hospital after a cardiac arrest. I didnt want to believe it at first because he was just about to come back and do a tour. But, I guess the stress and the debt finally got to him and it is now in God's hands as to how he will welcome Micheal into Heaven based on the life he led.

He is and will be forever the "King of Pop". No one in my eyes will ever be able to replace or mimic what Micheal did. He did it with such admiration that no matter how talented the next person is, they wont have the soul for the music like Micheal did!

A true legend and hero to many passed away and the world is crying over it! May God rest his soul!

RIP Micheal Jackson 1958-2009

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
01 3.2 intercooled GT RIP
#186405 - 06/28/09 04:21 AM Re: An icon died today.
Acefighter Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by '01 GT:
I think Tim just expressed what the whole world is feeling right now.
Hmm...no. By all the jokes going around, I would say 50% don't care and/or are glad he's gone.

And as for the "you will not soon be forgotten," I give it 3 weeks. It'll be forgotten. It always is.
#186406 - 06/28/09 09:33 AM Re: An icon died today.
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I dont think it will be forgotten...the people that make the crass jokes are still the same people who make jokes about Elvis dying on the toilet.

Jacksons case was dismissed due to lack of evidence and all of the allegations stemmed from the parents of one child, who in my opinion were doing what so many other would have done. "Hey the guy has millions, sue him and get some money." This country has fallen prey to believing the hype and media storm and throwing the justice system out of the window. Is the justice system flawed?...you bet your backsides, all at the root of the greedy, bloodsucking lawyers.

As I stated before, I'm not condoning Jacksons personal choices because I dont think many of them were smart. When a 40 something year old man would rather spend all his time with children in leiu of any adult contact, there is a problem there. But there have been a few Catholic so called leaders who have been more of child molesters. There have been more than a few so called Christians who have done far worse than what Jackson was accused of. For that matter both Elvis and Jerry Lee Lewis practically robbed the cradle for the young girls they married. Lord only knows what they may have done that we never found out about.

I believe the public will forget about his death and his off center personal actions...but his music and his performances will live on for many years to come.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#186407 - 06/28/09 12:07 PM Re: An icon died today.
UMfan Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
Quote:
Originally posted by '01 GT:
[b] I think Tim just expressed what the whole world is feeling right now.
Hmm...no. By all the jokes going around, I would say 50% don't care and/or are glad he's gone.

And as for the "you will not soon be forgotten," I give it 3 weeks. It'll be forgotten. It always is. [/b]
When you get this kind of news coverage and people around the world lining up to memorialize someone, I'd say it's waaaay more than 50%.

I know when I heard the news about the cardiac arrest, I was at work and kept clicking "refresh" to see if he was ok.
#186408 - 06/28/09 12:32 PM Re: An icon died today.
of course, those talkin crap about The King of Pop are those that are old enough to know ABOUT the court case, MAYBE old enough to have lived through the court case, but MOST certainly not old enough to have experienced the phenomenon that was his music.

And what about all the BILLIONS of dollars he raised for AIDS and cancers and childhood poverty in continents like Africa, Asia, and East Europe? How about all the kids and families that visited his kingdom without incident.

There was a joke years ago that had a bit of a moral lesson to it:

A man walks into a pub in Medivel Ireland and orders a pint of stout. He hammers the pint and says "Look at these hands. These hands built every bridge in this county and most of the sorrounding counties."

He orders another pint. After hammering that pint, he says "Look at these legs. They've walked hundreds of miles carrying heavy loads for everyone in this town and for the 3 surrounding towns as well, without hesitation, without reservation."

He orders another pint, hammers it, and speaks one more time "But f*** one goat one time and be banished as a sheep raper for life!"

Only Michael Jackson was NEVER FOUND GUILTY. Funny how a parent was willing to settle on cash instead of imprisoning a child molester. Vast majority of moms and dads (there is a difference between those and mothers/fathers) would NEVER accept a settlement. They would want the molester to fry. Very interesting of a smear campaign, would one not agree?

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#186409 - 06/28/09 03:14 PM Re: An icon died today.
Acefighter Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Candelario:
A man walks into a pub in Medivel Ireland and orders a pint of stout. He hammers the pint and says "Look at these hands. These hands built every bridge in this county and most of the sorrounding counties."

He orders another pint. After hammering that pint, he says "Look at these legs. They've walked hundreds of miles carrying heavy loads for everyone in this town and for the 3 surrounding towns as well, without hesitation, without reservation."

He orders another pint, hammers it, and speaks one more time "But f*** one goat one time and be banished as a sheep raper for life!"
That's not a very good joke, I didn't even slightly smile...

And now Billy Mays has died. Geez, all of out celebs are dropping dead.

Actually, that may not be such a bad thing when all of Hollywood goes...
#186410 - 06/28/09 03:18 PM Re: An icon died today.
StreetShaker Offline
Loc: Tyrone, Central PA
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:

And now Billy Mays has died. Geez, all of out celebs are dropping dead.

Actually, that may not be such a bad thing when all of Hollywood goes... [/QB]
My Grandmother once told me death comes in 3's...

First, Farra, then MJ. Shortly there after my g/f's aunt and cousins were in terrible car accident. Her oldest cousin was teetering on the brink. And now since he is climbing back. Billy Mays is dead. Kind of awkward to me anyways....

"Mr. Mom"
#186411 - 06/28/09 05:54 PM Re: An icon died today.
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Jackson was the third. You forgot Ed Mcmahon. Mays makes the fourth this week.
#186412 - 06/29/09 04:13 AM Re: An icon died today.
Acefighter Offline
I hadn't heard about him dying. And to be honest with you, while I recognize the name, I have no clue it that is or what he did. lol

*EDIT* Apparently an actress name Gail Storm died today too. Geez, that makes 5...
#186413 - 06/29/09 06:56 AM Re: An icon died today.
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Ed was Johnny Carson's sidekick. Also the guy that use to do all the publisher clearing house sweepstakes commercials.
#186414 - 06/29/09 11:12 PM Re: An icon died today.
GTPJack Offline
Loc: Hoover, AL
Not to start anything, but go to Bossip.com. There's a story there about the first boy who made allegations against Michael and now wishes he had the chance to ask Michael for forgiveness. He said that his father made him lie to get Michael's money. The last trial, the mother was not credible. If I felt Michael had done those things I'd be the first to condemn him.

I personally think that Michael had a genuine love for children and would never do anything to hurt them. He has contibuted more to help children than any celebrity before, or during his lifetime. Let's remember that he really didn't grow up like the rest of us. He was supporting his family from an early age. Until the allegations surfaced, he felt that children didn't judge him the way adults did.

R.I.P... Michael Jackson

Next: 3" down pipe, SD Ram Air Hood,
#186415 - 06/30/09 12:46 AM Re: An icon died today.
Acefighter Offline
I don't remember who, someone I'd never heard of, but I saw a 6th celebrity (an old actor) died today.

Wonder who's next?
#186416 - 06/30/09 11:50 AM Re: An icon died today.
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by GTPJack:
Not to start anything, but go to Bossip.com. There's a story there about the first boy who made allegations against Michael and now wishes he had the chance to ask Michael for forgiveness. He said that his father made him lie to get Michael's money. The last trial, the mother was not credible. If I felt Michael had done those things I'd be the first to condemn him.

I personally think that Michael had a genuine love for children and would never do anything to hurt them. He has contibuted more to help children than any celebrity before, or during his lifetime. Let's remember that he really didn't grow up like the rest of us. He was supporting his family from an early age. Until the allegations surfaced, he felt that children didn't judge him the way adults did.

R.I.P... Michael Jackson
Yep. I too don't think he did what he was accused of. For one if it was my kids I wouldn't have settled out of court. I would want him behind bars. Then take him to a civil court for damages. Settling out tells me all it was was a money grab.
#186417 - 06/30/09 11:57 AM Re: An icon died today.
UMfan Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
Ed was Johnny Carson's sidekick. Also the guy that use to do all the publisher clearing house sweepstakes commercials.
He also hosted Star Search.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >