Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#187700 - 05/31/09 12:01 AM verizon wireless sucks
00grandprixgt Offline
Loc: Wall Lake Iowa
ok i have verizon wireless, not that it matters, i jsut not tried to switch to a new phone to replace my taped together retro one. I got a metallic blue/silver razor V3...its pretty awsome...anyway kooky chicken

-98 GTP DAYTONA 752/1500
-Intake
-CCG grills
-HID
-Tint
-1 12" Pioneer Premier
soon to come: projectors,exhaust work, 3.4 setup.
#187701 - 05/31/09 12:08 AM Re: verizon wireless sucks
StreetShaker Offline
Loc: Tyrone, Central PA
Get a better carrier and tell Verizon they can stick there VZW where the promises come out of.

"Mr. Mom"
#187702 - 05/31/09 12:26 AM Re: verizon wireless sucks
00grandprixgt Offline
Loc: Wall Lake Iowa
Quote:
Originally posted by StreetShaker:
Get a better carrier and tell Verizon they can stick there VZW where the promises come out of.
LOl, i wish streetshaker, i hate them, but its what my parents got so yeah....i jsut need a phone lol

-98 GTP DAYTONA 752/1500
-Intake
-CCG grills
-HID
-Tint
-1 12" Pioneer Premier
soon to come: projectors,exhaust work, 3.4 setup.
#187703 - 05/31/09 01:56 AM Re: verizon wireless sucks
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
I hate Verizon and I switched away from them last year. My wife is stuck with them because her family still uses Verizon so they are "in network".

Verizon has always given me poor service and I hate how everything is additional fees.
#187704 - 05/31/09 09:42 AM Re: verizon wireless sucks
tazfootball2 Offline
Loc: Westport, IN
AT&T FTW.... and iPhone FTMFW!!!! I don't believe I have ever had a dropped call with AT&T. The only place I don't get service is at work, but that's ok because we're not allowed to use the in the plant. Our area also doesn't have 3G network yet, but I think we will because I suspect our area to be booming once the economy picks back up and we hire a second shift.

#187705 - 05/31/09 11:04 AM Re: verizon wireless sucks
Zalfrin Offline
Loc: Iowa City, IA
call verizon? :rolleyes:
#187706 - 05/31/09 11:42 AM Re: verizon wireless sucks
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Zalfrin:
call verizon? :rolleyes:
x2. Call them, or go to a store. I love Verizon.
#187707 - 05/31/09 01:43 PM Re: verizon wireless sucks
Richard Candelario Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
Quote:
[b] call verizon? :rolleyes:
x2. Call them, or go to a store. I love Verizon. [/b]
Same. Dropped Sprint like a Honduh tranny like 3 years ago. Eff Sprint. I LOOOOOVE Verizon. I've had occasion to call VZ Customer Service like 6 times in the last 3 years, not counting follow up calls. They've bent over backwards to help me out several times and IMMEDIATLY admitted their mistakes. When they realized that I lived in a bad reception area, THEY CALLED ME to see why the system could only intermittently detect me. They've since boosted power here like they did in NM so I can have better signal. Rumor is that new towers are being planned already. I've been here a year. Can NOT complain about VZW at all.

One issue we had with VZW is during an insurance claim last year when I was at Recruiting School. My daughter decided to let my wife's phone go for a swim. In the toilet. No problem, send $50 for the deductible, and you get another phone. We receive the phone. Turns out the phone's programming was never lobotomized during servicing. We got to keep that phone and they sent a BRAND NEW phone for free. That might be the issue with your phone, it was pre-owned and never lobotomized.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#187708 - 05/31/09 02:36 PM Re: verizon wireless sucks
Zalfrin Offline
Loc: Iowa City, IA
lobotomized? explain, in relation to electronics/phones...?
#187709 - 05/31/09 02:58 PM Re: verizon wireless sucks
tazfootball2 Offline
Quote:
lobotomized? explain, in relation to electronics/phones...?
x2, I'm confused...

#187710 - 05/31/09 03:23 PM Re: verizon wireless sucks
Richard Candelario Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by tazfootball2:
Quote:
[b] lobotomized? explain, in relation to electronics/phones...?
x2, I'm confused... [/b]
to completely reset the device. All programming, anything in memory, anything in firmware, software, hardware, underwear, anywhere in that device, COMPLETELY flashed. Then everything gets re-loaded onto the device, aside from user-specific data...like registration information, pictures, music, preferences...crap like that.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#187711 - 05/31/09 06:10 PM Re: verizon wireless sucks
UMfan Offline
Quote:
AT&T FTW.... and iPhone FTMFW!!!! I don't believe I have ever had a dropped call with AT&T. The only place I don't get service is at work, but that's ok because we're not allowed to use the in the plant. Our area also doesn't have 3G network yet, but I think we will because I suspect our area to be booming once the economy picks back up and we hire a second shift.
Yeah I'm happy with my iphone too.

My wife just decided to get a blackberry through Verizon. Looking at their prices, what the blackberry can do and the fact that her monthly bill will be $20 more than mine for less features? Yeah I'm realy liking AT&T right now.
#187712 - 05/31/09 06:27 PM Re: verizon wireless sucks
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
I've had AT&T/Cingular since I got my first phone, and don't have any complaints.

Now, if I could just find a dependable phone. <_<
#187713 - 05/31/09 06:38 PM Re: verizon wireless sucks
tazfootball2 Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by UMfan:
Quote:
[b] AT&T FTW.... and iPhone FTMFW!!!! I don't believe I have ever had a dropped call with AT&T. The only place I don't get service is at work, but that's ok because we're not allowed to use the in the plant. Our area also doesn't have 3G network yet, but I think we will because I suspect our area to be booming once the economy picks back up and we hire a second shift.

My wife just decided to get a blackberry through Verizon. Looking at their prices, what the blackberry can do and the fact that her monthly bill will be $20 more than mine for less features? Yeah I'm realy liking AT&T right now. [/b]
Really? WOW! When I was shopping around for a new phone and contract, I had it narrowed down to an iPhone (AT&T), a voyager(VZW) or the long awaited blackberry storm(VZW). And I'm really happy I went with AT&T as my provider, plus most of my family has it. I have heard nothing but bad things about the storm.

Bottom line, verizon probably doesn't have bad service but their phones are JUNK!

#187714 - 05/31/09 07:07 PM Re: verizon wireless sucks
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
I have Verizon, and love it. I don't do the whole internet phone thing, though. I have the Envy 2, and it isn't junk at all and you get great service.
#187715 - 05/31/09 08:38 PM Re: verizon wireless sucks
ChiTownHitta90 Offline
Loc: Chicago, Illinois
verizon has the largest network of anyone. i love them.
#187716 - 06/01/09 02:00 AM Re: verizon wireless sucks
UMfan Offline
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by UMfan:
[b]
Quote:
[b] AT&T FTW.... and iPhone FTMFW!!!! I don't believe I have ever had a dropped call with AT&T. The only place I don't get service is at work, but that's ok because we're not allowed to use the in the plant. Our area also doesn't have 3G network yet, but I think we will because I suspect our area to be booming once the economy picks back up and we hire a second shift.

My wife just decided to get a blackberry through Verizon. Looking at their prices, what the blackberry can do and the fact that her monthly bill will be $20 more than mine for less features? Yeah I'm realy liking AT&T right now. [/b]
Really? WOW! When I was shopping around for a new phone and contract, I had it narrowed down to an iPhone (AT&T), a voyager(VZW) or the long awaited blackberry storm(VZW). And I'm really happy I went with AT&T as my provider, plus most of my family has it. I have heard nothing but bad things about the storm.

Bottom line, verizon probably doesn't have bad service but their phones are JUNK! [/b]
Yep. And that's with my corporate discount (though I get a discount on my iphone contract too).

With Verizon/blackberry you have to get the phone package, and the data plan separately. And my wife wants texting too. The Verizon guy said most blackberry users use email rather than text, but my wife and her sister text so she wants that package. So you add those three things and it's $20 more than my iphone package where I get unlimited texting and data plan.

And after all that, the blackberry doesn't even have wifi so she can't connect to the internet as fast as I can when we're at home or in public places with wifi.

I don't know.... just seems like we're going to be paying a lot and not getting as much in return.
#187717 - 06/01/09 02:08 PM Re: verizon wireless sucks
GrindingNemo Offline
Loc: Missoula MT
I have alltel and they admit that they lied to me when i bought my phones, but refuse to do anything to make it better, they over charge me, and have horrible customer service, my wife has had her phone replaced twice and its still garbage, they screwed up my corporate discount, and the local stores have morons for staff so you never get answers to anything. After getting ripped off by them, there is no way that I will be renewing my contract with them. Btw alltel and verizon are the same company so I will steer clear of them both.
#187718 - 06/03/09 05:59 PM Re: verizon wireless sucks
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
I have had VZW for over 6 years. I will NEVER go with any other carrier. NO ONE has the same coverage and reliability they do. And your first problem, YOU GOT A RZR, Motorola makes the crapiest phones on the face of this planet. I have an AT&T razor for work and both AT&T service BLOWS and the Razor makes me wanna punch babies....
#187719 - 06/03/09 06:00 PM Re: verizon wireless sucks
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by GrindingNemo:
I have alltel and they admit that they lied to me when i bought my phones, but refuse to do anything to make it better, they over charge me, and have horrible customer service, my wife has had her phone replaced twice and its still garbage, they screwed up my corporate discount, and the local stores have morons for staff so you never get answers to anything. After getting ripped off by them, there is no way that I will be renewing my contract with them. Btw alltel and verizon are the same company so I will steer clear of them both.
Altell is Verizon now...
#187720 - 06/04/09 02:12 AM Re: verizon wireless sucks
UMfan Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by ifitwasnt4u:
I have had VZW for over 6 years. I will NEVER go with any other carrier. NO ONE has the same coverage and reliability they do. And your first problem, YOU GOT A RZR, Motorola makes the crapiest phones on the face of this planet. I have an AT&T razor for work and both AT&T service BLOWS and the Razor makes me wanna punch babies....
I had Verizon for about 10 years before I switched. I joined back when they were Airtouch in Michigan before Verizon bought Airtouch.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >