Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#187761 - 01/07/07 11:39 AM PSP Owners
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
What software do you use to transfer DVD's to your PSP?

I've got PSP Video 9, PSP Media Manager, PSP Movie Creator, and PSP Feeder.

For the most part, the PSP Media Manager appears to have the best quality, but I can't get it to do it's thing on some DVD's, like Cars and The Polar Express. Barnyad and Over The Hedge turned out looking top notch. I can get Cars and The Polar Express to work if I use PSP Movie Creator, but the quality is no where near as good as the PSP Media Manager, even with the Quality/Size maxed on Quality.
Size is no issue for me, I've got a 2 gig mem card and I'm storing the videos on a 20 gig external hard drive.

Anyone else have any issue's copying their DVD's, and what's your solution?

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#187762 - 01/07/07 01:39 PM Re: PSP Owners
brown Offline
Loc: Belleville, MI
are the DVDs dual layered or have some other feature that make them different from the other dvd's you've copied? I never tried copying a dvd to my psp. I was one of the few that actually bought the UMD movies.
#187763 - 01/07/07 02:16 PM Re: PSP Owners
jimd Offline
Loc: Houston
I have been having issues just coping movies in general. I have a IPOD Video and I can not find a piece of software that will convert them to MP4 or what ever it is that will work on the IPOD. I could not image trying to get them to the PSP. If you find a way let me know.
#187764 - 01/09/07 02:03 PM Re: PSP Owners
Tech Offline
Loc: Garden City, KS
i like video 9. it serves its purpose. If you cant get the dvds to work, just rip them to an avi or divx format then just convert the vids over to mp4. Thats what I did with Clerks 2.

EDIT: Gordian knot is pretty user friendly
http://www.divx-digest.com/software/gordianknot.html
#187765 - 01/09/07 06:36 PM Re: PSP Owners
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Thanks for the link, Tech!
I downloaded Gordian Knot and will play with it later and see if I can figure it out.
It does appear to display step by step instructions, so maybe I'll be able to get it figured out.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#187766 - 01/10/07 04:37 PM Re: PSP Owners
Chunkee Offline
Loc: Charlotte, NC
psp video express (quick, simple psp conversion)

Sompy MovieEncoder (does mp4)

Video Cleaner pro by River past (does it all!)