Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#187796 - 05/18/08 03:04 AM vacation plans
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
Looks like things are about to take a sharp turn with some side effects.
Two of my wifes friends that were supposed to fly down to Houston to meet her for the quilt show this October have backed out. So it looks like the Houston trip will be cancelled. I'm slightly bummed since I was looking forward to hooking up with the Texas crowd again.

She also wants to take a flight to SoCal to visit her brother and uncle. This is slated for late June as long as family will be in town on those dates. This is just for a long weekend.

The other thing is that with Houston off the plate we are once again considering our cross-country drive for the summer. If we make the Oregon trek in July 09 then that will pretty drive a stake in my coming to Laps for Charity in Sept 09 (can only afford so many jaunts...especially with gas prices as they are)

While we have been planning the cross country for some time I am disappointed that it will squelch TMS...this coming Sept is out as well since we are planning the Va beach airshow with her daughter.
Two years out for TMS seems like along way off and who knows how many miles the T-Bat will have on the clock by then...I guess only time will tell.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#187797 - 05/18/08 09:32 AM Re: vacation plans
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
What ever you do do I know you'll have fun and that's what's important. I'm planning a cross country trip at the end of August. Currently getting my truck prepped for the run. I'm riding my scoot and the wife and kids will be in the truck. The reason for using the truck over the car is the wife want's to take her scoot along as well because we will be spending a day riding on PCH in Norther CA and a day running through the Sierras.
#187798 - 05/18/08 10:23 AM Re: vacation plans
ThunderBat Offline
that sounds cool for sure...I'm leaning towards taking the Sebring cross country...besides better gas mileage is the whole top down thing in so many parts of the trip...rocky mountain park, salt flats, badlands...but the GP is more comfy and has more trunk space...decisions crazy

#187799 - 05/18/08 12:07 PM Re: vacation plans
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Good luck with the plans Tbat, I'm sure it will be fun no matter what you choose.

I'll be doing my own cross country drive after I sell my house...My poor GTP only has 48,000 on the odometer...she's gonna be in for a shot when she gets 2700 in only 3 days.
#187800 - 05/20/08 07:02 PM Re: vacation plans
72chevman Offline
Loc: Where Dorthy,Toto & Wicked Wit...
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
.but the GP is more comfy and has more trunk space...decisions crazy
Add a hidden hitch and build or rent a small trailer. U-haul rents small aerodynamic trailers, or a lot of motorcycle guys are buying the harbor freight 3x4 trailer, and mounting a large car top carrier on it. I borrowed one last xmas for a trip to WI from KS. I lost 2 MPG running 70-75. I am about to build my own. The days of driving a SUV cross country are over.

http://www.herberts.org/wayne/valk/trailer.htm

03 GT, STB, GM HD sway bars, 35% tint, GE893(37watt)fogs, Flowtech Terminators, 180 T-stat, ZZP DP & PCM, Ceramic PLOG & Crossover, 18" glasspack, 2007 17" Mustang Bullits 235/55/17 Pirelli PZero Nero, 12" R1 D\S rotors, gutted air box, GTP radiator
#187801 - 05/20/08 10:25 PM Re: vacation plans
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Keep TX in your plans again at some point in time, with Herc moving to Ft Worth next year that puts even more of us in TX.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#187802 - 05/21/08 04:11 AM Re: vacation plans
ThunderBat Offline
believe me Bobby, if I can pull off another trip to TMS I'll be all over it for sure. I may even try and set myself some extra time so I dont have to push so hard to get there and back. Having the mini-meet along the way was great fun, but with so many in Texas there may not be many left to visit lol

#187803 - 05/21/08 12:40 PM Re: vacation plans
SlickGTP Offline
Loc: Houston, TX
Slick looks forward to the next time the TBat makes it's way through the state. cool

I'll take some time off for such an event. devilsmile

Kinda sorta, yeah, no?

'02 Black GTP - RIP 03/03/08 ||| '06 Black G35 MT6 - Stock ||| '73 Chevy half ton(resurrected)