Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#190203 - 03/24/08 06:45 PM Laws on photo taking?
20gtp02 Offline
So is there statutes or laws on taking pictures of anything you want or specific things? I also want to know about taking pic or video of something and selling it. Where can I find info? I know taking video with out rights and selling it of some people, I've heard of laws. I want to take video of a structure and sell it so certain people that go to this structure periodically can see it. But they can't see the structure physically without my video.

#190204 - 03/24/08 07:59 PM Re: Laws on photo taking?
buggy2068 Offline
Loc: Warrensburg, MO
Hey bud, here is a website that has all sorts of laws and such for photographers. From what i gather from reading these articles if the structure is on public property then it is a part of the public domain. Therefore it is owned by the public and you cannot profit from the sale of pictures and such. however, I suppose if the structure is yours, then that would be a different story altogether. Of course, like said, this is my interpretation of the law, and I am in no way a lwayer or anyone who knows the intricacies of the law. There, that is my disclaimer, lol.

http://www.photolawnews.com/index.html#lawethics