Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#190766 - 09/18/06 01:28 AM Opinions on a eight speed tranny.
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
I was on autoweek.com and was looking at the new lexus LS 460 and it offers an 8speed tranny and also for the hybrid model as well. It claims that it can be some what of a competitor to the audi, bmw and benz V12 cars. I thought it was kind of interesting, opinions anybody.

My boss was looking at getting one and the price for these things is ridiculous. (I've seen my boss paychech stub and lets just say he could by all of us a new gxp)I told him he might as well get a high end luxury car.
#190767 - 09/18/06 06:26 AM Re: Opinions on a eight speed tranny.
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Lexus is getting that "bigger is better" thing going. It better be an auto. My arm would be wore out rowing through all those gears. Once you get over six speeds you might as well spend the money and develop a CVT (infinate gear ratios)one of the European manufacteres have one on the market now. The only complaint is when you step on it you don't have a downshift and accelleration that puts you in the seat back. It just goes.