Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#191648 - 05/28/10 12:32 AM Shipping question
FordMan77 Offline
Loc: St. Louis
My order from ZZP says it was in process on the 26th (yesterday), and I paid for 2nd day air so I could get them by friday, or possibly Sat. at the latest.

ZZP sends me an email today at 11:35am stating that since I chose this method the parts will not arrive until Tuesday and to call her back if I need them sooner. Then at 12pm or so I get the confirmation email that it has shipped via 2nd day air and is scheduled to be delivered on Tues. as was stated.

I swear I had a phone number on my ZZP account. I cannot check my personal email from work, so I had no idea. Had I known this I would have paid the extra to get it here. Now I have to wait another week and try to cram it all in next weekend.

My thought was that by selecting 2nd day air that it would show up in 2 days, correct??? Which means it should be here by friday. Even if it was sat., doesn't UPS deliver residential on saturdays?

Is this how long 2nd day air usually takes or am I getting hosed? I'm just kinda pissed since I was hoping to use the 3-day weekend to get this all taken care of, and even had my mother in law lined up to keep our daughtger overnight Fri. and all day sat. so I could concentrate on this while the wife was at work. Just me and the GP.

Oh well, guess I'll just wash/wax the GP instead and drink a beer cheers
#191649 - 05/28/10 02:46 AM Re: Shipping question
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Hey man, I work for shipping as my job. Here is what happened:

1.UPS and FedEx don't deliver on Saturday. They CAN deliver on Saturday if ZZP pays for the Saturday Delivery option, but it's expensive.

2. It sounds like zzp processed your order after their cutoff time, so the 2 days starts tomorrow (Friday)

3. Monday is a holiday

So since they don't deliver on Saturday and they are closed Monday, Tuesday is when you'll get it. The two days of shipping is Friday and Tuesday.

Hope that helps. You just got screwed by the 3 day weekend. You might be able to call zzp and see if they can uplift it with UPS to get it changed to overnight...but it might be too late now.
#191650 - 05/28/10 07:35 AM Re: Shipping question
Zalfrin Offline
Loc: Iowa City, IA
I agree, 1 day processing is typical, then you have holiday weekend.
#191651 - 05/28/10 09:10 AM Re: Shipping question
20gtp02 Offline
Ya that stinks. Because I just ordered from them yesterday, 27th around early afternoon and chose ground and I'll be getting mine on wednesday.

#191652 - 05/28/10 09:51 AM Re: Shipping question
FordMan77 Offline
Thanks for the info UMfan. I was under the impression that they would deliver on Sat. I knew the holiday would slow it up, guess I should have bit the bullet and next-dayed them.

I might see if I can find them locally so I can still get it done. If not, at least she'll get cleaned up!
#191653 - 05/28/10 11:52 AM Re: Shipping question
UMfan Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by UMfan:
Nope unfortunately only the US Postal Service (The Post Office, not UPS) delivers on Saturday and I believe they are either getting rid of this service, or seriously talking about ending Saturday deliveries. Just too expensive to pay people to work on the weekends.
#191654 - 05/28/10 02:01 PM Re: Shipping question
Dthreap Offline
Loc: Canal Fulton, OH
You won't be able to find ups locally. When I was waiting on a pcm I saw on their site that it was in canton Ohio (about 20 mins from me) and I called them to see if I could pick it up and I was told I could only pick it up if they tried to drop it off and I wasn't there to sign for it.

That sucks you got hosed on the shipping. I always pick ground and get it within 2 days.

#191655 - 05/28/10 05:13 PM Re: Shipping question
FordMan77 Offline
Dthreap- yea, I've tried that too w/ Fedex. Same thing. I guess they don't want people hanging around the terminal bugging them for shipments all the time.

I managed to work this out anyway, as I had a buddy hook me up with the parts I'm waiting on from ZZP so I can actually get it done as planned. He owed me some $$, so I dropped by the GM dealer and got them locally, with only the LIM gasket being more in price (only $10 difference) using the $$ he owed me.

So with that taken care of I will have a spare set of alum. LIM gaskets and coolant elbows onhand that I can either sell for what I paid, or just hang onto.

Time for the fun to begin!
#191656 - 05/28/10 05:47 PM Re: Shipping question
Dthreap Offline
Loc: Canal Fulton, OH
Glad to hear you got it worked out.

#191657 - 05/29/10 11:20 AM Re: Shipping question
UMfan Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Dthreap:
You won't be able to find ups locally. When I was waiting on a pcm I saw on their site that it was in canton Ohio (about 20 mins from me) and I called them to see if I could pick it up and I was told I could only pick it up if they tried to drop it off and I wasn't there to sign for it.

That sucks you got hosed on the shipping. I always pick ground and get it within 2 days.
Yeah you can get it from zzp in 2 days because of how close you live. Ground is 1-7 days depending on how far away you live. You can go to FedEx or UPs website and enter your zipcode and get a "ground map" of how many days it would take to deliver something from your house (or use ZZP's zipcode). Since Fordman77 lives farther away than you, it would take more than 2 days via ground to reach him.

As far as picking up at the terminal...I think usually they attempt a delivery first because usually they sort/send the trucks out around 5-7am. Their terminals aren't open to the public that early, so by the time you even see that it's in your town, it's already riding around in a truck somewhere. That's my guess at least.

I hate when I miss a delivery at my house because I have to drive 40 minutes to get it.
#191658 - 05/29/10 08:52 PM Re: Shipping question
FordMan77 Offline
I hear you on the drive time to the terminal. I'm about the same time/distance from ours since I live in the sticks.

Beautiful countryside, but not close to a dang thing, lol...