Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#191827 - 04/24/05 12:55 AM Jets
WYTHE Offline
Loc: Campbell River B.C.
We went and saw the Snow birds practice today.

These pics aren't very good, the batteries in my digital camera were dying so we didn't want to use the zoom to much. I can't wait to go to the real show, I would love to go up in one of those. They have the best job in the world.
#191828 - 04/24/05 08:01 AM Re: Jets
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Sweet I love watching the Snowbirds. I enjoy the heck out of the nine plane formations. We are gonna have an airshow on my base in september the blue angels are supposed to be in town.
#191829 - 04/24/05 09:01 AM Re: Jets
Stock97GTP Offline
Loc: Michigan
We like to go up to Traverse City and watch the Blue Angels during the Cherry Festival. All those pilots are so skilled.

I can only remember seeing the USAF Thunderbirds once when I was very young. I'd love to see them perform again.

I remember once I found a website that showed the demonstration schedules for all the aerobatic groups. Tried to find it to post here, but I couldn't...
#191830 - 04/24/05 09:13 AM Re: Jets
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I caught the Snowbirds at NAS Oceana a couple of years back. They may not have the most powerful jets but they more than make up for it in style and finesse. They also have some awesome hi-res pics on their website that I downloaded and made a slideshow screensaver of. They are a top notch group IMO. I wish they were able to come south more often. I also understand they petitioning hard to their government for new jets since the "Tudor" they're presently using is out of date and expensive to maintain. I can't wait to see what they fly next.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#191831 - 04/24/05 11:46 AM Re: Jets
BTC13 Offline
Loc: Neptune Beach, FL
The Blue Angels do their show every other year here at the bech in Jacksonville, Fl. I live about a 1/2 mile from the beach and get to enjoy the rehearsals prior to the actual show. They do things in rehearsals that they don't do in the show. It's quite a display. They fly low enough that you can see the pilot while lounging in the back yard. I spent 8 of my 22 years in the Navy on aircraft carriers and had the pleasure of launching off the flight deck of the Saratoga and the Kennedy. In one word, awesome. Some say that Navy pilots are a bit cocky. Well, if you were capable of landing a jet on a moving postage stamp in total darkness, you'd have a little extra bounce in your step too.
1994 Ford Mustang
1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby T II(putting back together)
#191832 - 04/24/05 03:21 PM Re: Jets
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
If that's something, the Chicago Air & Water Show, during mid Aug., takes major arse with T-Birds, Tomcats, Navy SEALS, CPD, etc.
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#191833 - 04/24/05 09:44 PM Re: Jets
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
The Thunderbirds used to come here every year, when Bergstrom was an AFB. They were soo cool to watch. I used to go every year.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#191834 - 04/25/05 05:37 PM Re: Jets
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I'd love to see that British flight demo team that uses the helicopters...I think that would be cool...I go to Oceana every couple of years and an Apache demo is listed on the program every year and the blasted thing is never there.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#191835 - 04/25/05 06:24 PM Re: Jets
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
The last year Aero-fest was at Bergstrom AFB here, I lived not too far from the AFB. I went up to the store that Friday, late in the afternoon. On the way back I noticed this strange looking object in the air, near the AFB. It was going straight accross the sky. It then banked left to make it's approach. As soon as it banked left I could see, that with out a question, it was a stealth fighter coming in for a landing.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#191836 - 04/26/05 09:50 PM Re: Jets
TexasGP Offline
Loc: Georgetown, Texas
And I thought this post was about the football team...That's why I didn't click on it..... crazy crazy What a dork I am
#191837 - 04/27/05 11:12 AM Re: Jets
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Football???

LMAO!!!
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#191838 - 04/27/05 08:51 PM Re: Jets
TexasGP Offline
Loc: Georgetown, Texas
yea...foot ball....thats why I didnt click on it....I was like.....WTF is this guy posting about football in spring....who cares.....But I go and click and it's Jets....Vroooooooooooom crazy