Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#192096 - 05/13/08 11:02 PM Re: The Amazing Montana
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Nice Safari,not...

70 mph speed limits, its only 55 mph speed limits up here on the highway.
#192097 - 05/14/08 06:53 AM Re: The Amazing Montana
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
truck sales keep falling the automakers will be offering more unibody based truck designs (which IMO they should have been doing for years)
Kinda hard to get a truck with a 10K tow rating in a Unibody.

I think trucks are slowly going back to what they were intended for and that's work/play not commutting. The new breed of crossovers get people off the ground and place alot of vehicle around them (placebo for safer). Two of the main reasons for the high truck sales.
#192098 - 05/14/08 06:17 PM Re: The Amazing Montana
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I agree with ya Herc...there has always been a need for the big truck and always will be I'm sure but like you said, the majority of trucks today arent doing much of any heavy work at all.
I fault the auto industry for playing the whole "bigger is safer" which got many a household Mom into a big suv...while bigger is safer might well be true, "lets all start driving tanks" makes about as much sense.

I also like your term "placebo for safer" since the biggest truck on the planet doesnt make up for poor driver training or bad decision making.

I know I occasionally have the need of a truck but even then I dont need one that would pull the house. The Montana handles most all our hauling duties but some thing you dont want to throw back there. I like the concept of the Honda Ridgeline but the styling is just a bit too boxy for me (this coming from the guy who has the soft spot for an Aztek) lol lol

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#192099 - 05/14/08 07:40 PM Re: The Amazing Montana
HercMan(Rob) Offline
I'll never go without a truck again. It may sit in the drive but it'll be there when I need it. I've been toying with the idea of trading it for an Avi but the payments. I like not having payments on it.
#192100 - 05/14/08 09:03 PM Re: The Amazing Montana
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
if i ever got a truck it would be a new diesal dodge !! FTW lol yes i hate seeing soccer moms in there suv's my mother has one when she should be driving a compact car and there excuse is its nice to have 4x4, but you never need it during the summer only in the dead of winter, and then she thinks she needs it everytime there is snow on the ground
#192101 - 05/14/08 09:09 PM Re: The Amazing Montana
HercMan(Rob) Offline
LOL I managed just fine for six winters in Maine with my 2WD truck.
#192102 - 05/14/08 10:47 PM Re: The Amazing Montana
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
i make it every winter with my gp or other FWD cars... even some 5spds in there
#192103 - 05/16/08 04:06 PM Re: The Amazing Montana
00grandprixgt Offline
Loc: Wall Lake Iowa
i drove a 77 ranger 2wd that i still have man shes loud, 2 1/2 inch stright pipes no cat or mufflers and dual antenna with 2 inch springs.im banned from driving that truck to the scool parking lot for it setting of car alarms smile

-98 GTP DAYTONA 752/1500
-Intake
-CCG grills
-HID
-Tint
-1 12" Pioneer Premier
soon to come: projectors,exhaust work, 3.4 setup.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2