Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#192466 - 04/20/05 12:34 AM El Bonneville? (56k warn)
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
In the spirit of the SSR and of the old El Camino (which Pontiac never got a version of... :p )...and in honor of the send off of the Bonneville, I offer the EL Bonneville GXP...check it out.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#192467 - 04/20/05 12:45 AM Re: El Bonneville? (56k warn)
WYTHE Offline
Loc: Campbell River B.C.
Nice! thumbsup
#192468 - 04/20/05 01:31 AM Re: El Bonneville? (56k warn)
KyleGT Offline
Loc: Madison, WI
sweeeeeeeeeet

Galaxy Silver Metallic 2001 GT ~ 70k miles Eclipse CD5425 deck, Eclipse & Kenwood speakers, Silverstars, rear bumper inlays, debadged, Flowmaster Super 40s and Gibson tips
#192469 - 04/20/05 07:56 AM Re: El Bonneville? (56k warn)
nad Offline
Loc: Imperial MO
T-Bat, you should photoshop a Grand Prix with T-Tops. wink

-Dan-

SOLD-1998 Grand Prix GT with 148K. Infinity Reference 5.25s, Pioneer 4 way 6x9s, Yokohama AS430s, Open cone K&N intake, Front strut bar,180* Powerstat, Dual glasspack mufflers w/ removed resonator, and painted under-hood components.-SOLD-

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 81K, 3" turbo-back exhaust, open cone intake, hard IC piping, boost controller, GReddy Type-S BOV, more to come.
#192470 - 04/20/05 08:44 AM Re: El Bonneville? (56k warn)
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Nice work once again Tbat.
#192471 - 04/20/05 09:07 AM Re: El Bonneville? (56k warn)
TexasGP Offline
Loc: Georgetown, Texas
T-Bat,
If you were designing the cars for GM, They wouldn't be in such a mess right now...LOL cheers
#192472 - 04/20/05 09:17 AM Re: El Bonneville? (56k warn)
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Wow... I posted a reply and now it's gone.
Herc, did you delete my reply? crazy

Anyways...

Nad wants some T-tops! laugh
Looks sweeet T-bat!

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#192473 - 04/20/05 09:46 AM Re: El Bonneville? (56k warn)
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by TexasGP:
T-Bat,
If you were designing the cars for GM, They wouldn't be in such a mess right now...LOL cheers
I agree! I always liked the way the newer Bonnevilles looked, but yours is just ..

Oh no, I have no words. I want that car. thumbsup
#192474 - 04/20/05 11:13 AM Re: El Bonneville? (56k warn)
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by TexasGP:
T-Bat,
I say we start a campaign for T-Bat so that he can design GM cars that people really want. What do you say T-Bat?
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#192475 - 04/20/05 12:17 PM Re: El Bonneville? (56k warn)
ThunderBat Offline
I'm all game for a new job with a killer paycheck thumbsup ...on the serious side though, chopping a pic is one thing, actually designing a working, rolling car is a whole other animal. I think most of the guys that work in design are as passionate about cars as we are and they are probably full of as many cool ideas. But I'm willing to bet that most of those drawings and models wind up ina file or the trash because the "bean counters" wont let them go forward with such projects without market research that says it will be profitable (dont ask me where they get that info, cuz boy have they missed the mark on more than one occasion!)...as far as chopping T-tops goes, I have tried it in the past and it has a few drawbacks. From the side it looks much the same as a hardtop...I've done chops of targas and ragtops because they are more visual. To get a good chop of a t-roof car, you need an over head shot...which can easily be found, but then you need a similar angle interior shot to layer underneath (something like an interior mock up shot like they use in new car brochures)...but I havent seen one of those for a GP that has the same angle as the overhead car shot...It could be done with all the right images, but they're pretty tough to find...I wanna do another El Bonne chop with a roof...come to think of it, instead of a GM design job, how about a spot with Troy Trepanier to chop real custom cars?!

#192476 - 04/20/05 01:19 PM Re: El Bonneville? (56k warn)
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
I agree, you do some awsome work.

I love the new-style Bonnies. I always loved the fronts on them, but the rear took some warming up to. I'd really like to have one to supplement my GP in a few years. There was a nice black one that pulled in a space beside me at a bank a few weeks ago, SSEi with granny driving it. I also like the factory exhaust tips.
#192477 - 04/20/05 06:27 PM Re: El Bonneville? (56k warn)
AustinGTP Offline
Not to mention the constant on-going battle between designers and engineers.
Designers - "We want this part to go right here."
Engineers - "You can't put that there, there's no room for the wiring, etc..."
Engineers - "I said you can't have it there. It won't fit!"
Engineers - "IT WON'T FIT!!!"

ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#192478 - 04/20/05 09:30 PM Re: El Bonneville? (56k warn)
DoberManJT Offline
Loc: North Carolina - Raleigh/Cary
Quote:
Originally posted by Austin G T P:
Not to mention the constant on-going battle between designers and engineers.
Engineers - "You can't put that there, there's no room for the wiring, etc..."
Engineers - "I said you can't have it there. It won't fit!"
Engineers - "IT WON'T FIT!!!"
Don't forget marketing...
Marketing - "Yeah, well, you see a focus group shows that most 18-24 year olds prefer that part to be here, not there. And in order to not offend older buyers we're going to have to just cut that part out all together. Oh, and all the cars need to be teal, according to the latest demographics."

04 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, LPE intake system, headers, dyno tune from "RPM"

http://photobucket.com/albums/v221/Dobermanjt/GrandPrix/
#192479 - 04/20/05 10:56 PM Re: El Bonneville? (56k warn)
ThunderBat Offline
tell them to market this...

you know the thing I find really funny is how big SUVs sell in this country...while in Austrailia they make "pickup" versions of many of the sedans they sell and call them "utes"...and they sell like crazy and are very popular with young crowds for hot rodding...Now the last time I checked, the "Land down under" has got a damn site poorer road system than we have here...yet they drive car "utes" on dirt and gravel while the yuppie yutzes here have to have SUV trucks for highway pavement...go figure crazy

#192480 - 04/20/05 10:59 PM Re: El Bonneville? (56k warn)
ThunderBat Offline
I just realized I failed to alter the interior roof pillar for the driver side of the car...oh well, its late and I'm crashing, I'll fix it later. shocked

#192481 - 04/20/05 11:16 PM Re: El Bonneville? (56k warn)
AustinGTP Offline
That looks good!

#192482 - 04/21/05 08:59 AM Re: El Bonneville? (56k warn)
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
Looks good. In the first picture, I'm not sure ho those tires fit into that wheel well...