Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#192958 - 09/10/05 12:06 AM Anyone here use paint protection film?
ws6formula Offline
Loc: Michigan
Notice a few different companies make a clear film that, I think, sticks by static cling (but could be mild adhesive instead). Anyway, several companies make this, one I noticed is made by the company that makes LLUMAR window film(LLUMAR.COM). CPFilms I think is the name.

Looking at my Eastwood catalog tonight, I noticed they have a narrow (only 3 1/2" wide) version too. Narrower than I'd like, but may work in a pinch if the others turn out too expensive.

Anyone try these? What brand works well. Do they work at all? More trouble than they're worth? Any long-term side-effects? I haven't noticed any cars with it, so it may not be popular or a lot more invisible than I think. Does it help with reducing stone chips?
Or is it like the old bra's from years ago - when you finally removed them, the paint was like new, but the rest of the car would have slight paint fade from the sun (or so, I'm speculating since I've never used them usa ).

'02 GP coupe, Redfire Metallic - every available option except engine block heater
#192959 - 09/11/05 08:53 PM Re: Anyone here use paint protection film?
Stock97GTP Offline
Loc: Michigan
I have some installed. Got it from invinca-shield back in 2002. The film itself is a 3M product. I installed it myself and learned alot from the first installation. It went on pretty easily and still looks good. I have not tried to get it off the paint - IIRC, the film has a five year life span. I installed it on our new '02 so it should have a bit of life yet. The only down side is we get chips where the film isn't - so it makes you wish that you could cover the entire vehicle with the 3M film...
#192960 - 09/12/05 08:31 AM Re: Anyone here use paint protection film?
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
3M makes the best application of this.