Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#193445 - 03/02/06 09:27 PM Good news! GP > GA still!
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
So lately I am just getting all these attempted races from random people. Must be that time of year? lol Needless to say most of these go unanswered, my rotors are getting kind of bad, amongst other things, but this was just too good to pass up. Not to mention it really wasn't a race to begin with, just a funny little story of how GA's are still inferior to GPs. laugh

I am coming home on Highway 77, and there is a hill that leads up to a 45 MPH speed change, and this white Grand Am GT is already going about 40 in front of me, so of course I intend to go around. No funny business here, no flooring it, no cutting anyone off, just a typical traffic manuever. Not the slightest hint of aggression. I signal, and get back in the lane I was in ..
and I get in front of him in the lane, which means the GA is now behind me. No big deal.

There is a redlight not too far down the road from the speed change, so I start slowing down and he is slowing down behind me but he decides he can't wait so he moves over to the other lane. He must have been watching the other light changing cause he just kept going slowly into the intersection until he's practically in it and my car's nose is lined up with his rear. Green. Smoke him a bit just to see if what that was all about really was what I thought. I figure maybe he's just impatient since all the way up to the next speed marker (50 mph) he hangs way back there.

Then all of a sudden his lights start getting closer but I just brush it off cause by then we're almost to another light, green this time, and there is a truck turning onto an adjoining road in his lane. So, he has to slow down just as he gets to about my rear panel.

But oh how he is acting differently now. He cuts in behind me almost bumper to bumper (jerk) and I know, I just KNOW, he's going to cut back into the other lane and try to give me a run. Must have riled him a bit. *snicker* And what do I see but open road and his blinker comes on! and he starts moving back over into the other lane. He's already flooring it before he even gets out of my lane, as he lights disappear in my car's butt for a moment. The moment he is out from behind me, I gun it, already going about 55. (Speed changes to 55 soon)

He never saw my passenger door.

COMPLETELY obliterated. I know he was trying. He had to use my lane to make a left turn not too far down the road so he'd been hoping his grandma could stomp me real quick so he could cut back in front but no dice today, you tailgating n00b. I only went up to 70 .. by then the speed limit had finally changed to 65, so that whole time I was barely over the speed limit. Oh ho, how convenient.

Sparknotes: Showed a bit of power to a GA, he flew up behind and tailgated for awhile before cutting to the side, but never saw a single GP door before his lights were far, far behind me.

GP > GA
#193446 - 03/03/06 02:30 AM Re: Good news! GP > GA still!
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
Woohoo!
Shall we ressurect the you-know-what thread?
#193447 - 03/03/06 08:18 AM Re: Good news! GP > GA still!
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
NO
laugh

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#193448 - 03/03/06 08:45 AM Re: Good news! GP > GA still!
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by zuulmusic:
Shall we ressurect the you-know-what thread?
Ban.
#193449 - 03/03/06 12:30 PM Re: Good news! GP > GA still!
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
mmmm...some respect for my son, don't you call it "you-know-what-thread" or i'll take it back

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
----------------------------------
#193450 - 03/03/06 08:17 PM Re: Good news! GP > GA still!
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
At least he used directionals....
#193451 - 03/04/06 09:05 PM Re: Good news! GP > GA still!
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex:
mmmm...some respect for my son, don't you call it "you-know-what-thread" or i'll take it back
If you like it so much then why don't you bump it.
#193452 - 03/06/06 12:50 PM Re: Good news! GP > GA still!
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Nice Arc!
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali