Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#193559 - 02/03/05 09:57 PM 500 posts!
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
please pardon my excitement over my little milestone...I guess it just makes me think about how far I've come since I first signed on. Not even owning a GP at the time, just shopping and wishing...Lamenting over the fact that my dream car (WS6 Trans Am) and I just werent meant to be. The T/A being too small and me being to big! I remember taking a GP for a test drive just as consolation...and I havent been the same since. That car wow'ed me with the performance, room, comfort and all the toys...it turned out to be all the fun of a Firebird without all the drawbacks. I've had the "ThunderBat" since May and I still catch myself just looking at it as it sits in the driveway or the parking lot at work...I stare at it and I can hear John Travolta from the movie "Face Off" when he said..."Oooo weee you good lookin'!"

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#193560 - 02/03/05 10:38 PM Re: 500 posts!
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Woohoo, congrats!
...and I know how you feel. wink

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#193561 - 02/03/05 11:41 PM Re: 500 posts!
4 T 8 states Offline
Loc: winter park,fl
cheers to you mr ThunderBat..i was wondering where all that wind was coming from, now i know. its from you flapping your wings with the excitment of reaching the 500 mark. hammer
bearcat bct-7 law enforment/weatherband scanner
#193562 - 02/04/05 11:04 AM Re: 500 posts!
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Hey T-Bat,

I think you should treat yourself and the T-moible. What do you say???
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#193563 - 02/04/05 12:48 PM Re: 500 posts!
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
treating myself and the T-Bat is always tempting...I'm thinkin that 03 SE wing would be a good choice!

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#193564 - 02/05/05 08:55 PM Re: 500 posts!
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Congrats Bat. I bought mine in Sep of 03 and I still look at like I just bought it. There is just something about that car. I have owned many cars and trucks and not one has struck me the way this one has.
#193565 - 02/06/05 09:56 AM Re: 500 posts!
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
Even when its gone, you'll still look at the pictures.
#193566 - 02/07/05 03:09 PM Re: 500 posts!
01redfireGTP Offline
Loc: Indiana
I feel the same about my car...I've only owned it for about 4 mos now...and I have wanted one since well...FOREVER...it seems like and I never thought I'd actually ever own a Grand prix let alone a GTP but here it is in my drive way...seems to be a waste if it sits to long...lol and I have been ichin' to start modding but I live in Indiana and the weather just has not been cooperating since I bought it... hammer damn the snow...damn the rain...hope for sunny skies :p ...

Custom Intake, Autolite 104s, 180* T-stat, Clear Corners, Custom Grilles, Pulley Boys 3.4 Pulley, Gauges, Angel Eye Fogs, DHP 1.0v PCM, 3" DP and cat & u-bend delete...
#193567 - 02/08/05 10:23 AM Re: 500 posts!
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
It was funny. When I was looking to downsize my vehicle inventory from my 98 silverado, 88 F-150 4x4 and 92 Geo storm I went to the local Pontiac dealer and was looking at new and used cars I was looking for a SUV to replace the 88 and the 92 and was talking to the salesman about the differences between the Grand Am the Grand Prix and the Bonnie. We had talked about the money so he showed us a couple of SEs and then walked on by the GTP. He said now that's a car but quite a bit out of your range. So after looking around we test drove a 01 SE and the wife and I loved it. It was a four door but the price was just too high they weren't gonna back down so we left. Three days later we went to another dealership that had a few GPs on the lot Saw this blue Daytona edition GTP and walked on by thinking there is no way I could afford that. Went straight for the SEs. My wife said babe lets just look at the blue one and see what the price is. I hemmed and hawwed. (I didn't wanna get my hopes up) So I gave in and went and sat in it. Then took it for a drive. Oh what difference between the GTP and SE. Talked some prices then went inside and wheeled and dealed some more. Initally they were asking 14k for the car 2k above my ceiling. I got em down to 12k called the finance company talked to them and they said for that car we will only give you 10.6K. Mind you it took an hour to get the price down to 12k I thought great time for an SE. To my surprise the Manager dropped the price to 10.6K and the car was MINE!!!!! Talk about one happy fellow. So when I hear people say I can't afford a GTP they cost too much. Look around you can find what you want just don't be in a rush.