Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#194180 - 06/13/05 10:44 AM Batman Begins Tonight!!!
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Okay everybody,

So I won passes to go see "Batman Begins" tonight from a local radio station. I hope it'll be much better than the last movies. I will report back tomorrow.

BTW, T-bat... bet you wish you were in my shoes. devilgrin
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#194181 - 06/14/05 04:29 AM Re: Batman Begins Tonight!!!
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I've waited all these long years, another day isnt going to kill me at this point...I hope you enjoy seeing my hero as he was meant to be...
"All of Gotham Fears the Knight!"

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#194182 - 06/14/05 10:41 AM Re: Batman Begins Tonight!!!
framos242 Offline
Well,

it is soo better than the last Batman movies of recent order. It truly goes back to the darkness.

Christian Bale did a great job as Batman/Bruce. You know, when Bale had on the Bat suit, he kind of reminded me of Michael Keaton.

Anyway, the Tumbbler is one bad a#$ vehicle. Wish I had one. It was sure nice to see part of the Chicago skyline in the movie. I wasn't that impressed with Katie Holmes. The writing was strong. The jokes were mature but yet laughable.

Did I mention the toys???

The fight scenes were intense. Liam Nelson, Michael Caine and Morgan Freedman showed their skills as world class actors.

I not going to give any more details because I don't won't to spoil it. All I can say is that if there's an IMAX theatre near you and it's shown, go for the IMAX! Think I'm going to Navy Pier to see it in IMAX.

Go see it! I give it 4 Bats. crazy
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

#194183 - 06/14/05 12:47 PM Re: Batman Begins Tonight!!!
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
I saw a commercial last nite that addressed the "it's the car chicks dig the car" Bruce pulls upto some kind of event in some exotic car (didn't get a good look at it) and the valet says "nice car" and Bruce says "you should see my other car".

I'm probably gonna take my boys to see it this weekend.
#194184 - 06/14/05 01:09 PM Re: Batman Begins Tonight!!!
framos242 Offline
Funny scene.

I can say that I wish I had the car (think it was a Lambo) and what was in it. You'll see what I mean. wink

#194185 - 06/15/05 01:01 AM Re: Batman Begins Tonight!!!
ThunderBat Offline
I read a bunch of reviews on rottentomatoes.com this morning and I am SO pumped!!!...I've already ordered my tickets online and am set for the 1st showing at 12noon today...I wont be able to sleep until then...(good thing I'm working 12-8) lol
I've waited many long years for this and I'm looking forward to getting blown out of my seat!
"FEAR THE KNIGHT!"

#194186 - 06/16/05 12:44 AM Re: Batman Begins Tonight!!!
ThunderBat Offline
"FEAR THE KNIGHT!" YES!YES!YES!...forget everything youve ever seen on TV or in film...all the previous actors who have portrayed this comic book hero have just been launched in obscurity...Chris Nolan has directed a graphic masterpiece and Christian Bale suspends disbelief as a tormented man who fights the demons within himself and gives criminals a reason to be scared of the dark...his toys are awesome, his tactics are rapidly brutal with ninja stealth...At long last a film of my hero as I've always known him...the final scene has already left me thirsting for the next film...I still dont like the car, I respect it an awful lot more but I'm looking forward to an upgrade...All in all, a first rate film that will be added to my home collection the day it gets released!

#194187 - 06/16/05 08:23 AM Re: Batman Begins Tonight!!!
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
I need to see it. I need to see if it's playing at the Imax.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#194188 - 06/16/05 10:05 AM Re: Batman Begins Tonight!!!
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
I've got two friends who saw this last night and they are normally pretty picky about movies. They loved this one.
#194189 - 06/16/05 10:27 AM Re: Batman Begins Tonight!!!
framos242 Offline
T-bat,

does this mean that you liked it???? devilgrin

#194190 - 06/16/05 11:31 AM Re: Batman Begins Tonight!!!
wishitwasaGTP Offline
Loc: Long Beach,MS
Im a huge Batman fan, my fav comic book character. I havent seen the new movie yet. So tell me T-Bat is it better than the first 2 Tim Burton did w/ Micheal Keaton?
#194191 - 06/16/05 03:37 PM Re: Batman Begins Tonight!!!
ThunderBat Offline
If you like the campy humor of the old TV show or the twisted senses of Tim Burton, then you may not like this one...this is The Bat in his most raw, essential form...this is Frank Millers brooding rooftop psychosis...this is the equal-opportunity azz-kicker I have been thrilled to read all these years...at the risk of sounding twisted myself, when I heard girls scream and people gasp at some of the things that happened in this film, I felt an absolute rush. I sat there gripping my fists saying to myself, "yes, yes! finally yes!!"...the scene of him standing in the cave with the bats swirling all around him was like witnessing the birth of a legend...his fear confronted,Bruce Wayne stepped back and what he had become inside rose to the top..."Bruce" became the disguise and The Batman was born! (as Katie Holmes so aptly pointed out in one of the final scenes)...I guess to sum up I just say...Tim who?...Micheal who?

#194192 - 06/16/05 03:46 PM Re: Batman Begins Tonight!!!
framos242 Offline
I like Batman and Batman Returns. Think it's due to my dark and crazy side.

#194193 - 06/16/05 03:50 PM Re: Batman Begins Tonight!!!
wishitwasaGTP Offline
Loc: Long Beach,MS
I liked the TV show as a kid, cant stomach it now. I did love the first 2 Batman movies. I am looking forward to seeing this one. Im not going into it expecting anything though cause I dont want to be disappointed. Sounds like it was done right this time.
#194194 - 06/18/05 04:32 PM Re: Batman Begins Tonight!!!
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Just got back from seeing it. I WANT MORE!!!! Bring on a new wave of sequals. Spiderman 2 was supposedly the best superhero movie in a long time this Batman blows spiderman out of the water.