Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#194299 - 12/20/07 02:35 PM Re: saying hello
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
I'll briefly speak of the other place: ClubGP. Don't say we didn't warn you.

Arc, how could anyone challenge you? You gave us the ultimate car exterior detailing how-to!

Rebecca, mine is a fleet vehicle... and it's pink, if that rings any bells. wink
#194300 - 12/20/07 02:55 PM Re: saying hello
Rebecca Offline
Loc: southwest Michigan
Quote:
Originally posted by Arcxnus:
I wonder if my pedestal as the only long-standing female here will be threatened?
Shouldn't be. This is only my first day! You'll always be the female who has been here the longest.
#194301 - 12/20/07 02:56 PM Re: saying hello
Rebecca Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
Rebecca, mine is a fleet vehicle... and it's pink, if that rings any bells. wink
Ding! smile
#194302 - 12/20/07 02:58 PM Re: saying hello
theone2043 Offline
Loc: Pocono, PA
rick you were brave id have to admit that. that road is 9 x out of 10 full of cops you just got lucky... wounder how that person's hood is taking it? haha and arc like rook said you have a specail place here no one can take it, just keep up with the good work and i might have to send my sad looking gp down south for a lil clean.. it disappoints me seeing the mud, salt, and road grime on her from this *cough, cough* beautiful weather
#194303 - 12/20/07 03:12 PM Re: saying hello
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Candelario:
Quote:
Originally posted by theone2043:
[b] brings back memorys of those cars doesnt it rick haha want race again??
wanna lose again? I know you aint got the, uh, uh, STUFF to pass on the shoulder. Chicken. lol.

BTW: Street racing is neither legal nor safe at all. Do not participate in street racing. It's bad for the driving record, mmkaay? [/b]
I passed on the shoulder once...I was trying to get in front of a Camaro that I couldn't pass not because he was faster than me, but because of traffic...so, I went to the far right, passed a car on the shoulder so close I could have touched her mirror with my hand, and then the Camaro was behind me. laugh

However, x2 on the whole illegal and dangerous part... lol

Welcome to the site, Rebecca!
#194304 - 12/20/07 04:44 PM Re: saying hello
tazfootball2 Offline
Loc: Westport, IN
Howdy!!! Welcome to GPN.....YEEEEEE HAWWWWW !!!(felt like being cowboy-ish today)

#194305 - 12/20/07 05:09 PM Re: saying hello
Richard Candelario Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by theone2043:
wonder how that person's hood is taking it? haha
What surprised the hell outta me is that there were very few rocks and such on that shoulder. And I did notice from running through the range roads of FT Indiantown Gap that the fenders/rear fascia of the 07 GP prevented anything from gettin spit UP from the tires. Man, those are some nice cars. The 06+ GPs seem to have found a few more ponies to massage out in that Series III mill. Rebecca sure has a nice ride.

BTW: Im to assume from the "code talkin" between you and Rook that yours is a pink paint as well? Wonder how you're gonna sharpen that Panther's claws?

Also, do you allow others to call you Becky? That sure is a long name to type out.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#194306 - 12/20/07 05:18 PM Re: saying hello
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Oh, by the way, post some pics of your car! We loves pictures here. smile
#194307 - 12/20/07 05:23 PM Re: saying hello
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
AFAIK, the pink GPs ended with our body style. New ones ('04+) just get a pink MK badge.
#194308 - 12/20/07 07:18 PM Re: saying hello
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
Arcx is defintely the long standing female among us...you can learn much from her (especially detailing...check out her thread)...but the rest of us will be glad to chime in our knowledge and opinions (maybe more than you like sometimes lol )...glad you dig your new ride and as was said previously, we are some serious picture whores on this site...so post up that new ride and welcome thumbsup (we all like to see what you start with before the mod bug strikes)

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#194309 - 12/20/07 08:20 PM Re: saying hello
snowrider900 Offline
Loc: Owatonna mn
Welcome!
#194310 - 12/21/07 10:49 AM Re: saying hello
Rebecca Offline
Quote:
The fenders/rear fascia of the 07 GP prevented anything from gettin spit UP from the tires. Man, those are some nice cars. The 06+ GPs seem to have found a few more ponies to massage out in that Series III mill. Rebecca sure has a nice ride.

BTW: Im to assume from the "code talkin" between you and Rook that yours is a pink paint as well? Wonder how you're gonna sharpen that Panther's claws?

Also, do you allow others to call you Becky? That sure is a long name to type out.
Thanks. I spent a lot of time as I was saving up considering what I wanted to buy. It had to be something with an engine with longevity, and it had to be a V6. Four cylinder cars are better on gas, true, but they are so anemic! And it had to be a sedan because sometimes I need to put something in the back seat or have people ride with me. And then of course I wanted something that looks sharp, is comfortable, and is fun to drive. And all this had to be American.

Working in used cars, I had many chances to sit in and drive various vehicles. My boss has had a few Bonnevilles lately in the past year or two as his personal vehicle, so I had a chance to drive those and I liked them. That's how I fell in love with the steering wheel radio controls, which my car also has. I'm not sure how I went from liking the Bonneville to wanting a Grand Prix, except that I like the look of the Grand Prix better. They are basically the same car, if you think about it, because they have a lot of the same options and share the same engine.

So mine is "liquid silver metallic" with alloy wheels and ebony interior. The interior has some leather and chrome accents and, like I said before, it has the steering wheel controls for the stereo. (Sliced bread only wishes it were that cool.) It also has the five-button Dash Info Center (DIC) and factory remote start. No sunroof, but I don't really care about that. I love everything about it and probably won't change anything. I'm not really into making mods on cars. My Z28 has Hooker mufflers, but that's only because some critter put nuts in the original mufflers and subsequently I had to replace them. I've seen all the headaches that my brother and others go through in making mods to their cars (my bro has a 70 SS Nova) and trying to get them to run properly after doing so, and I just think all that hassle is for the birds. My GP runs fine just the way it is!

I said "ding" about Rook's pink car because I know that means it was a Mary Kay car.

Some people do call me Beckie, yes. You may call me that if you want. As my Dad says, just don't call me late for dinner! wink
#194311 - 12/21/07 11:23 AM Re: saying hello
Rebecca Offline
LOL, you guys are not alone in being picture whores. I'm on some other forums, and the other one that I'm on the most is one for horsey people. We're all big-time picture whores over there. Every time a new person joins we're always saying "post pictures of your horse!!"

Here is a picture of Silver (like the Lone Ranger's horse) when I first saw her in the garage at work. I don't have any other ones yet because it's wintertime here in Michigan and that makes it kinda cold for outdoor picture-taking.

The sign taped to the window is from my boss and it basically says thanks to me for everything I do at work, here is the perfect car. I've worked for him for nine years now and in addition to being my boss he is my good friend and mentor too. The car was a total surprise to me. I knew he had been looking for one for me, but I didn't know that he had found one. He was out of town the weekend before Thanksgiving and he asked me to go to the car lot and check on the heat in the garage to make sure the pipes didn't freeze. The whole thing was just a ruse to get me there to see the car. Best surprise I've had all year!
#194312 - 12/21/07 12:02 PM Re: saying hello
Richard Candelario Offline
hot damn, sharp lookin car. mayhaps some rims, tint, and a conservative sound system, you'd be all set. good find.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#194313 - 12/21/07 12:53 PM Re: saying hello
theone2043 Offline
Loc: Pocono, PA
rick couldnt say it any better.. the only i dont like on the new ones are the driving lights ... or also know as fogs they are retarded