Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#195222 - 11/05/06 02:46 AM out of action
jeremy Offline
Loc: Mableton, GA
well it looks like im out of action for a little while my friend let me ride his ninja 250 and while riding around in the target parking lot i hit something on the ground (we still dont know what it was) and went down at no more then 25 and broke my right arm and left big toe. i was wearing a helmet and steel toed boots but somehow my toe still got broken. now i just need to find out how much its going to cost to get it fixed. im going to call the insurance company tomorrow and see if they will fix it since i wrecked it but the problem is i dont have an M classed licence so i dont know if they can fix it or not if they can then that will help things so much but if they dont then i will still pay to get it fixed.

#195223 - 11/05/06 04:08 AM Re: out of action
D Offline
Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Ouch bro that sucks, I hope you have a speedy recovery. With insurance company don't call them they can drop you from your plan b/c you violated the contract by knowingly driving with a suspended or no lience. Just pay for it out of your pocket.

1997 Grand Prix GT: ZZP SS M90 Kit--P&P Blower and LIM--3.8" Modular pulley--36# injectors--ZZP Wizair CAI--8.5mm MSD Wires--Autolite 103s@ .052--180* drilled T-stat--Tune Time Performance Tune--ZZP 2.5" D/P w/o Cat--ZZP Stage 1 HV TB--ZZP Power Log & Rear PEM--ZZP Poly Motor & Tranny Mounts--Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow Mufflers--Auto Meter Z Series Boost & Oil Pressure Gauges--Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge

New York Metro Club Grand Prix
www.nymcgp.com
#195224 - 11/05/06 07:07 AM Re: out of action
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Heel quick.

By the way the plastic will run about a grand.

Have you ridden before or is that your first time?
#195225 - 11/05/06 07:41 AM Re: out of action
jeremy Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
Heel quick.

By the way the plastic will run about a grand.

Have you ridden before or is that your first time?
ive been riding for abot 4 months now on the weekends around the mall parking lot and have put maybe a 1000 miles on his bike in parking lots i just havent had the time to take the MSF course and take the test for my licence and he has been able to find the parts really cheap since he used to work for a motorcycle repair shop in houston the problem is getting the parts to waco.

#195226 - 11/05/06 09:53 AM Re: out of action
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Check around with some of your local motorcycle dealerships and see if they offer a riding class. Some do and they should be taken by anyone wanting to learn how to ride.
I do commend you for taking the time to try to learn how to ride before just jumping on with cold feet.
Heal up and get back on.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#195227 - 11/05/06 01:10 PM Re: out of action
jeremy Offline
my friend found what the bike slipped on this morning when he went back to the parking lot it was a black rubber disk of some kind that looked like the pavement in the dark and i hit it while turning and it slipped and caused me to lowside and fall off then the bike highsided and broke the left handle bar and foot peg.

#195228 - 11/06/06 12:01 PM Re: out of action
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
Good to see you're ok!

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
----------------------------------
#195229 - 11/06/06 12:44 PM Re: out of action
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
handle bar and peg should be easy to find online. Not sure if the 250s have clip ons or not.

By the way stay off the bike at night till you know what your doing. You need to be very aware of whats on the ground around you as you have figuered out.
#195230 - 11/06/06 03:57 PM Re: out of action
jeremy Offline
well i just got back from the orthopedic surgeon since the ER was worried that i might need surgery but i dont :whew: but the bad news is i cant work for 3 weeks which means no income for me but i might be able to find something at work where i dont have to use my right arm.

#195231 - 11/08/06 09:39 AM Re: out of action
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
You gotta enroll in the MSF course. Best money I ever spent.

If the front end washed out on you, it was probably just sand.

The problem with the 250's (as if there's only 1) is that the plastics will be worth more than the bike. The good part about bike plastics is that you can usually get them on eBay since people turn them into racing bikes and put aftermarket plastics on them. Unfortunately, the 250cc racing classes don't usually include the Kawa. Still worth checking though since you'll have some free time.
#195232 - 11/08/06 03:30 PM Re: out of action
jeremy Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by BryantGTP:
You gotta enroll in the MSF course. Best money I ever spent.

If the front end washed out on you, it was probably just sand.

The problem with the 250's (as if there's only 1) is that the plastics will be worth more than the bike. The good part about bike plastics is that you can usually get them on eBay since people turn them into racing bikes and put aftermarket plastics on them. Unfortunately, the 250cc racing classes don't usually include the Kawa. Still worth checking though since you'll have some free time.
luckly the plastics are ok and the rough estimate on the damages so far is around $200-250 for parts and since he knows bikes in and out we dont have to take it to a shop. the only problem is my work told me to either quit or get fired mad mad mad since i havent been with them long enough for a leave of absense even for a medical emergency. so now i have a bike to fix with no job to get the money to fix it so this is going to be fun. but the good news is when the doctors clear me for work again i will be able to get rehired with a higher position.

#195233 - 11/10/06 01:25 AM Re: out of action
jeremy Offline
well we got all the parts needed for the bike but the wind screen today and they only cost $100 since he was able to get ahold of his friend that was parting out the same bike.