Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#195403 - 05/12/05 02:12 PM Forza - what's in your garage?
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
My current monster is the Caddy CTS-V, blown with over 700hp. I want to de-mod and drop the aluminum 427 in it and mod that up, I'll gain hp, but I'll loose the blower as an option.
I've got the 66 GTO, loaded to the gills, over 600hp.
Plus many others.
I've got close to 1.5 million in my garage.
On level 18 (i think, might be 19).

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#195404 - 05/12/05 02:25 PM Re: Forza - what's in your garage?
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
You're drooling Austin... devilgrin
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#195405 - 05/12/05 02:26 PM Re: Forza - what's in your garage?
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Need to get Forza now that I have an Xbox.

For Gran Turismo I have an Indy car with over 900hp which is great for tracks with lots of curves.

For straight tracks the Caddy prototype car is maxed at nearly 1100 hp and is simply awesome.
#195406 - 05/12/05 03:59 PM Re: Forza - what's in your garage?
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Austin G T P:
My current monster is the Caddy CTS-V
I told my mother she should have gotten the V instead of the regular CTS. lol

I can't remember .. Is Forza Xbox exclusive? I don't have one, but it's no problem getting my hands on one, since my friend has uh .. three. Meanwhile, I'm working on messing up his cars in Midnight Club 3. lol

Totalled the SRT-4, woo!
#195407 - 05/12/05 05:24 PM Re: Forza - what's in your garage?
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
I'm looking at getting Forza this week (if I can talk the wife into it)
#195408 - 05/12/05 05:27 PM Re: Forza - what's in your garage?
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Quote:
Originally posted by Arcxnus GT:
Quote:
Originally posted by Austin G T P:
[b] My current monster is the Caddy CTS-V
I told my mother she should have gotten the V instead of the regular CTS. lol

I can't remember .. Is Forza Xbox exclusive? I don't have one, but it's no problem getting my hands on one, since my friend has uh .. three. Meanwhile, I'm working on messing up his cars in Midnight Club 3. lol

Totalled the SRT-4, woo! [/b]
Yes, Xbox has Forza and PS2 has Gran Turismo. Both are exclusive to each platform.

I have had a PS2 for years but just purchased Rook's old XBox. I had to buy Halo2 and a NASCAR game so that I can play XBox live against my family in Michigan.

Forza will be next.
#195409 - 05/12/05 06:07 PM Re: Forza - what's in your garage?
AustinGTP Offline
I bought Forza at Fry's Electronics for $37.
Not sure if they are still on sale, but if you have a Fry's near you, you might want to check there first.

Game play is pretty cool, but if I could change just 1 thing about it, I would make it have the ability to go to the garage while in the game mode. You have to exit out of the game mode to go to the garage and buy upgrades.

...and a little tip.
Before you upgrade your upgrade, sell your first upgrade, then buy the next level upgrade.
Example... If you buy 1 level up set of tires, then you race and want to buy the next set of best tires. Sell you first set then go buy the better set. You'll save money that way.
De-mod, de-mod, de-mod. It saves you money.
Also in the heavyweight class, don't buy the CTS-V and put the aluminum 427 engine for it, Your weight will go down and you will no longer be in the weight class, I kinda' learned that one by mistake.

ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#195410 - 05/13/05 02:49 AM Re: Forza - what's in your garage?
RyanJ Offline
Loc: Warren, Michigan
Forza is a great game, I dont know one like this hasnt come out for xbox before now.

currently im racing the low horsepower class so I have the Lotus modded to a whopping 295HP but it only weighs 1500 Lbs, so it just flies.

as for big HP ive got a couple, the heavyweight is a Mercedes CL65 AMG, at just under 900 HP.

'99 GP GT, Custom CAI, 180 T-Stat, U-bend Delete, NGK TR55IX plugs and Taylor Super Spiro wires.
#195411 - 05/13/05 08:32 AM Re: Forza - what's in your garage?
AustinGTP Offline
I just got the CL65 AMG last night.
I was going to drop the aluminum 427 in my CTS-V and mod it up, but I decided to mod up the AMG instead, but my CTS-V is faster than the AMG. My next goal is to get that 427 for my CTS-V. My quickest car is an RX7 turbo. I ran the 1/4 in 10.6 last night.

#195412 - 05/15/05 01:31 PM Re: Forza - what's in your garage?
Kirmie Offline
Loc: Toledo
Becarefull racing online cause you might just meet somebody like my friend (zugthug) who has enough money that he maxed out a skyline just so he could go and wreck some other people's skylines.
#195413 - 05/16/05 10:56 PM Re: Forza - what's in your garage?
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
pardon my video game ignorance here...I dont even own a gamedeck.(thats my sons' forte)...I have thought about buying one though if I could get one that is just about driving and not crashing and shooting and racing for midnight money...something maybe like where you can race great cars on great tracks around the world (LeMans, the Ring and so on) is there such an animal?...and is there a decent steering wheel setup to get?...cuz I dont drive with my thumbs!...I asked my son which wheel was best and his response was "they all suck"

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#195414 - 05/21/05 07:54 PM Re: Forza - what's in your garage?
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Ok I got the game today!!!!

I'm level 10 still a noob but. It's great

I have the GNX in my garage right now.

Haven't gotten to making monsters yet I'll do that tomarrow smile
#195415 - 05/22/05 12:35 AM Re: Forza - what's in your garage?
AustinGTP Offline
Just went on level 22 last night, I'm about 45% in arcade mode.

#195416 - 05/22/05 01:17 AM Re: Forza - what's in your garage?
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
pardon my video game ignorance here...I dont even own a gamedeck.(thats my sons' forte)...I have thought about buying one though if I could get one that is just about driving and not crashing and shooting and racing for midnight money...something maybe like where you can race great cars on great tracks around the world (LeMans, the Ring and so on) is there such an animal?...and is there a decent steering wheel setup to get?...cuz I dont drive with my thumbs!...I asked my son which wheel was best and his response was "they all suck"
The PS2, in my opinion, is the best console for racing games. Xbox seems to focus on shooters, and Gamecube .. well, we don't quite know what Gamecube is doing.

For the kind of racing you're going for, I suggest steering clear of Burnout, Need For Speed, and Midnight Club. You'd do better with Gran Turismo, and Forza. Gran Turismo is a beautiful game, and as realistic as it gets. I'm sure it'd only be more so with a wheel setup. Unfortunately, I'm no expert on those, since I use the joysticks on the controller. However, you can go to any game store like Gamestop, fX, Game Crazy, or EB Games and ask which setup works best with games like Gran Turismo.

GT is a game that's a stickler for details .. So you probably can't go wrong with inquiring and dropping that name. laugh