Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#195990 - 07/16/09 06:59 AM Why I love sleepers Rant
ChrisGT Offline
Loc: Cranston, RI
So there is a car show at a local beach every tues. Its $1 entry and always has a great turn out. Separated from 1970 up and down. Its on a nice grass field just a nice show spot. So I pull in right next to a 04 procharged 281 Saleen (beautiful show car) along with many other stangs. When I pull in I get all these looks like wtf is this piece of sh*t doing here. You know that looks of contempt and disgust? Anyways one of them decides to be a smart ass when I clicked my hood release I hear "Oh hes gunna show off his intake everyone gather" So now I break out laughing I ask him which ones yours. He says "this beast right here" pointing at his lightly modded 99 Cobra. (99-02 style so it is N/A and yes I could take it) So then my friend comes down and asks him what he dyno'd. The guy said 350whp on DSG dyno. Now everyone who knows anything about shops in RI knows how DSG pads they're Dyno #'s with weather climate elevation etc and I'm not talking a few whp I'm talking you make 400 on there you go on a mustang dyno you will make 350-360. Anyways my friend comes over laughs because we know the car made probably 300 whp if he was lucky. Now knowing that you can not go by dyno #'s when judging how fast a car is I asked what he trapped at the track. Of course he had never been. So my friend is still laughing and the stang owner says "wtf you laughing at bi*ch". Friend says "so you laugh at the grand prix over there why don't you race it". Stang owner "I'm not gunna race that piece of sh*t with a smirk laugh". So all his buddies join in the giggle. My friend says "Ya how much you wanna race for since your so cocky lets put some money on it?" The stang owners face went blank and all you can hear is me laughing my a** off in my car. So I finally pop my hood and me being myself I'm still laughing my a** off at the whole situation. The stang owner walks over and gets within I'd say 6ft looks at the turbo looks at me and looks back at the turbo. Now he has that oh sh!t face on. Meanwhile I'm still laughing so I get out walk up to the stang owner and say "so who's the bi*ch now?"

It was the perfect setup for the burn. Idk how I got so lucky with that comeback but idc it was hilarious. All in all I found this to be a very entertaining show and i figured I'd rant about it.

[/rant]

04 GTO M6 | HE SS Clutch | Kooks LT's | SLP LM2 | K&N
Soon: APS TT kit wink

SOLD \/
01 GT | STr5 cam | PT-67 | 18-22psi

#195991 - 07/16/09 10:26 AM Re: Why I love sleepers Rant
GTPCompG Offline
Loc: Ames, Iowa
Nice man, should have video taped a reaction heh. Did you ever get to race him? That would be the best.

Inferno Package/CAI/180tstat/3" DP/AL 104 XP's/3.8 MPS/Tuned
#195992 - 07/16/09 10:28 AM Re: Why I love sleepers Rant
nyjets91 Offline
Loc: Wallingford/Hartford, CT
"rant" might be an understatement. But it was a good story, you shouldve not opened your hood and lined up next to him after.
#195993 - 07/16/09 10:29 AM Re: Why I love sleepers Rant
GTPCompG Offline
Loc: Ames, Iowa
Quote:
Originally posted by nyjets91:
"rant" might be an understatement. But it was a good story, you shouldve not opened your hood and lined up next to him after.
Yah he would be like "Oh shit!" after he hears the turbo. I'd say the mustang got pwned.

Inferno Package/CAI/180tstat/3" DP/AL 104 XP's/3.8 MPS/Tuned
#195994 - 07/16/09 11:22 AM Re: Why I love sleepers Rant
20gtp02 Offline
Man I was waiting for the video link!
shucks...

#195995 - 07/16/09 12:37 PM Re: Why I love sleepers Rant
2fast4u Offline
Loc: Livonia, MI
haha that's awesome!!! i love how people react to our cars sometimes
i get responses like that all the time when i show my car, "look out here comes a GP with a Ram air hood and exhaust" then i open the cutout and rev it, let it idle down so you can hear the cam
then they get the "wth OMG"face

Mods: 11.87@115 strictly stock
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/98-GTP-burnout_207724.htm
#195996 - 07/18/09 01:11 AM Re: Why I love sleepers Rant
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
I get that reaction a lot at the track too.

Some guy was there with a turbo v6 stang one day. He had a whole group of people with him, 5 or 6 guys, each with their girlfriends, all huddled around his car.

I got in the pits, double-checked everything before I hit the staging lanes.

Ended up staging right next to him. I think I ran like a 14.1 or 14.2 that time. He was like 14.7 or 14.9

Got back into the pits and parked like 50 feet away. Checked everything under the hood again before the next run.

... Every person who was with him was just staring and me and my brother, not saying a word.

That's what I love most about my car. I know it's ugly as hell and I love that. Nothing is better than some punk staging up next to you, ready to show of to his crew, and then leaving him in your dust wondering "wtf just happened!?"

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#195997 - 07/18/09 02:27 AM Re: Why I love sleepers Rant
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by nyjets91:
you shouldve not opened your hood and lined up next to him
I agree, that would have been an awesome laugh. But I don't think that would have possible. I think this was one of those guys that had no interest in backing up his **** because deep down, he knows it's BS.

But yes, this is a prime example as to why sleepers are the coolest. thumbsup
#195998 - 07/19/09 11:27 AM Re: Why I love sleepers Rant
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
personally I think its sad that so many people in this sport just cannot respect that fact that not everyone is out there to drag race or have the fastest this or that.
The automotive world has plenty of room for all levels of cars to come and play and enjoy themselves. If there is one thing I have seen over and over is that when youbrag off about how badazz your ride is,there will ALWAYS be someone else you can dust your backsides. Not to mention anyone who races knows how inconsistent it can be given weather and track conditions.
This guy sounds like a classic case of "I had enough money to go out and buy myself a hot rod" and that right about where his brain level ends.

What would really make me laugh my butt off is to see him get pwned by a fast ricer or a SRT Neon. I saw one or two of those cars put 300+ on the wheel dyno at Carlisle. eek

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com