Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#196580 - 09/04/08 04:55 PM G6 review
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Well I've had a Base model G6 for a rental for the past two weeks. Here's my take on it.

2.4L Ecotec motor runs smooth and very quiet. No power to speak of but my mileage I couldn't complain. Averaged 35 on the highway and 25 around town. Seats were comfortable for a midsize car. Rear leg room was impressive. Much more then my GP. I liked the range for the hight adjustment on the drivers seat. It goes high enough for my 5'6" to rub my head on the roof and low enough for dang near 10" of clearance. Ride is smooth and quiet. Steering is very responsive and turns are flat. I had to perform an evasive manuver and felt confident the entire time the car would do what I wanted to do. Four wheel discs all around and stops short and sure.

My only gripes are with interior quality. Radio knobs are cheap and flimsy. Screw covers pop out and hang all the time. If I owned it they'd be glued shut. The dash vinyl has thickness variation where it meets the hard plastic that looks like some rookie put the dash together. Ohh one other thing I dislike is the odometer is red led and it took me over a week to realize it's not an SES or other warning light. Drove me crazy until it became just part of the dash.

All in all it's a car I could live with but would much rather give up the mpg for the V6.
#196581 - 09/04/08 05:12 PM Re: G6 review
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
Good review.

The G6 is a very popular car and now I see with good reason. It seems the 4 cyl comes with everything a person could want: exterior looks, power, mileage, interior room, etc.

The interior of newer cars is what turns me off in buying one. It doesn't seem well thought out. You can tell a low calibrated machine puts them together. The "you got to be kidding me, don't you care?!" expression comes to mind when I sat in some at the car show. I felt like I was the only one who noticed it.

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
#196582 - 09/04/08 10:05 PM Re: G6 review
GTPCompG Offline
Loc: Ames, Iowa
I felt pretty much the same way you did Hercman. I'm actually having more fun driving an 07 Voltswagon Jetta (interior quality and exterior all look good except for the wheels). When it comes down to it though the G6 is a good car but needs some work.

Inferno Package/CAI/180tstat/3" DP/AL 104 XP's/3.8 MPS/Tuned
#196583 - 09/05/08 10:16 AM Re: G6 review
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
My dad own 2006 Pontiac G6 V6. It is pretty cool car. It has good mpg too. I wish I could get that instead gp.
#196584 - 09/05/08 10:31 PM Re: G6 review
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
g6 gtp
#196585 - 09/07/08 03:48 PM Re: G6 review
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
G6 GXP Street = FTW cool

A local Richmond Pontiac dealer has a G6 GXP sedan on his lot complete with the ram air hood and the hammerhead spoiler...that bad boy is just plain bitchin jawdrop

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#196586 - 09/07/08 07:44 PM Re: G6 review
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
The G6 is a good looking car, but the G5 isn't. These pictures from the autoshow back in January show why.

(Sorry about the blurriness, I didn't take the pics, my friend did. lol