Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#196789 - 11/30/04 09:40 AM PFYC...Photoshop or not?
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Check out the "car of the week" on PFYC.

Do you think it's real or just a real good photoshop?

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#196790 - 11/30/04 10:30 AM Re: PFYC...Photoshop or not?
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
It does look a little fuzzy around the door. I do know that there are kits for the GP to do that with the doors. I really haven't seen pics of one so I can't say weather that one is real or faked but I'll give them the benifit of the doubt. But when you look at the door jamb area and interior I'd say it's real. If not props for a good photochop job.
#196791 - 11/30/04 10:39 AM Re: PFYC...Photoshop or not?
DoberManJT Offline
Loc: North Carolina - Raleigh/Cary
If you save the picture to your comp and use a good art program you can get a really close look at it. Using PSP 7 and giving it a thorough examination it is real, or the best photochop I've ever seen. Shadowing and minute details are too good to be false.

04 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, LPE intake system, headers, dyno tune from "RPM"

http://photobucket.com/albums/v221/Dobermanjt/GrandPrix/
#196792 - 11/30/04 11:06 AM Re: PFYC...Photoshop or not?
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
It does look good.
The fuzziness around the door was what got my attention.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#196793 - 11/30/04 11:21 AM Re: PFYC...Photoshop or not?
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
It's a bit "interesting" because the door edges, as Austin pointed out, do look fuzzy. Also, look at the window... the window looks a bit odd to me. Granted, the window is at an angle when the 'picture was taken' but it just seems 'dirty' to me as compared to the rest of the clean GP.
The angle of the door is just a bit off in relation to the body itself. Look closely. Does the door open up and then pop out a bit??? BTW, Where is the door hinge???

Just something to ponder.....

"Pinky... are you pondering what I'm pondering????"
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#196794 - 11/30/04 03:20 PM Re: PFYC...Photoshop or not?
4 T 8 states Offline
Loc: winter park,fl
i think its a photochop only cause the pilar is not shaved so the door can move forward.

this door would kinda have to work like a lambo countach.

i could be wrong though you have to give it to him for originality, even our infamous ThunderBat didnt think of this.

darthvader
bearcat bct-7 law enforment/weatherband scanner
#196795 - 11/30/04 03:29 PM Re: PFYC...Photoshop or not?
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Like I said there is a kit for the GPs do swing the doors. How it works and how it's hinged I have no idea. If it's chopped the quality of the door jamb and interior is great why would they bomb on the door. I think the lighting as to do with the weirdness of it. Maybe the door swings a tad away from the car prior to swinging up hence no need to modify the B pillar
#196796 - 12/01/04 10:43 PM Re: PFYC...Photoshop or not?
zachd Offline
Loc: Evansville, IN
I would say its real. Unlike the 2 door 2004. I was right there must be right now? * what an ass i am sometimes*

Nah i had doubts at first to but i think its fo shizzle
#196797 - 12/02/04 11:09 AM Re: PFYC...Photoshop or not?
4 T 8 states Offline
Loc: winter park,fl
Quote:
Originally posted by zachd:
I would say its real. Unlike the 2 door 2004. I was right there must be right now? * what an ass i am sometimes*

Nah i had doubts at first to but i think its fo shizzle
confused what!! crazy
bearcat bct-7 law enforment/weatherband scanner
#196798 - 12/06/04 03:57 AM Re: PFYC...Photoshop or not?
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I'm with DobermanJT on this one...I downloaded the pic and looked at in PSP7...if this guy did a photochop on this pic then he would have had to taken a shot of the car with the door removed and then a seperate shot of the door from a high angle...putting the 2 layers together would still leave some off color pixels when you enlarge the image enough...plus you can see the roof of the car through the door window...I used the auto contrast to radically lighten the pic and it revealled all the lines of the door jamb and the interior drivers seat...I also think there is a slight reflection of the outside mirror in the front fender paint...if this is a photochop its by far the most detailed I've ever seen...I think its the real deal myself.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com