Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#196858 - 12/02/06 08:54 AM Re: guitar and amp for sale very nice
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
Clint, I hadn't noticed that until you said it.

I think there are five strings on it. Which in turn is not going to put the calibrated amount pressure on the bridge and headstock, which is going to bend the neck. If it only has five strings and it's been sitting awhile, whoever buys it better be comfortable adjusting the truss rod.
#196859 - 12/03/06 09:32 PM Re: guitar and amp for sale very nice
SteveOGTP Offline
Loc: reynoldsburg, ohio
ok first it does have 5 strings the e string broke sorry when I did play it I was a little stong on a bend one time in a solo and it broke... and no one string being broken is not going to hurt the neck or bridge mr calibrated pressure... and anyone who buys a new guitar knows they should put new strings on it anyway and when you buy a 600 dollar guitar that has a floyd rose I am pretty sure you will not ahve a problem swapping the strings out... sooo with that said it is still for sale until christmas then I have a offer for 300 after that but the amp is alos still for sale..... nice call out on the 5 strings though I forgot about that and was suprized you caught it if you want to buy it ill cover shipping for you you only though lol laugh
#196860 - 12/03/06 09:34 PM Re: guitar and amp for sale very nice
SteveOGTP Offline
o and if one broken string would hurt the neck dont you think when you change the strings out if you take 5 out and there is only 1 left it will hurt it alot?

all the other strings are pre lossend for shipping so there is not even any PRESSURE on the neck... its ok trying to sound smart but I think you may have overthought that one just a little
#196861 - 12/03/06 09:44 PM Re: guitar and amp for sale very nice
brown Offline
Loc: Belleville, MI
I hope guitars arent that sensitive, because when I unload guitars at FedEx, I just toss them out of the truck and onto the belt. Hope they have some good packaging material.
#196862 - 12/04/06 03:14 PM Re: guitar and amp for sale very nice
BryantGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by SteveOGTP:
o and if one broken string would hurt the neck dont you think when you change the strings out if you take 5 out and there is only 1 left it will hurt it alot?

all the other strings are pre lossend for shipping so there is not even any PRESSURE on the neck... its ok trying to sound smart but I think you may have overthought that one just a little
No.

If it's a bolt-on neck, you're probably fine (still an unnecessary chance). You've obviously never owned a neck-through guitar that will warp with changes in temperature, string tension, or humidity.
#196863 - 12/05/06 09:53 PM Re: guitar and amp for sale very nice
SteveOGTP Offline
temp and humidity yes I will give you that put I have never seen or herd and neither has anyone I know were they have damaged the neck or bridge because of string pressure... you have to put way to much stress on the string to be able to bend the wood unless you have a cheap guitar made out of bulsa wood....

I am glad my guitar was shipped in a hard case so when it got thrown around it was safe:) hammer
#196864 - 12/05/06 10:20 PM Re: guitar and amp for sale very nice
BryantGTP Offline
Quote:
you have to put way to much stress on the string to be able to bend the wood unless you have a cheap guitar made out of bulsa wood....
You're right, I'll have to send back my Carvin Custom Shop DC400T and tell them to stop using this graphite reinforced hardrock maple crap.
#196865 - 12/06/06 12:32 AM Re: guitar and amp for sale very nice
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
Quote:

While changing the strings thats not an issue. Its the length of time where you can start to worry.
String condition is also somewhat of an indicator of how an owner treats the guitar. You won't see one of my guitars without a string for long at all.

(ok, joke- would you sell your car and take pictures of it missing a wheel ? :p )
#196866 - 12/06/06 09:16 PM Re: guitar and amp for sale very nice
SteveOGTP Offline
of corse missing a wheel is major but all the strings are already losend for shipping and I am not going to put brand new string on the guitar and then sell it when the new owner will chagne out the strings to ones they perfer anyway