Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#196885 - 08/27/05 05:53 PM Bristol is tonight!
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
The night race at Bristol is my favorite. Can't wait. We're already planning this evening. We watched Ryan Newman win the Busch race last night and it was incredible. Seeing him win three races in a row might be a calling that he should race both series full time.

Oh well, just wanted to see if anyone else was gonna watch Bristol.
#196886 - 08/27/05 06:01 PM Re: Bristol is tonight!
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Bristol night race is one of my favorites. I had planned on watching it, but the wife and daughter want to go out tonight, as a family to this place that opened up here a couple of months ago ( http://www.maineventusa.net ). I've already got it set to tape, along with the movie that's scheduled after the race, just incase the race has a rain delay. As soon as I get home tonight, I'm going to start watching it. I might be up until 3am watching it. crazy

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#196887 - 08/27/05 11:09 PM Re: Bristol is tonight!
UMfan Offline
Wow. Good race. I won't spoil it for you. Granted, I am a Newman fan, but I lost all respect for Dale Jarret tonight. I expected him to handle that better considering he's a veteran. First time I've ever cursed during a race, he really had me hot.
#196888 - 08/27/05 11:30 PM Re: Bristol is tonight!
BTC13 Offline
Loc: Neptune Beach, FL
I wish there were more 1/2 mile races like Bristol. Carl Edwards pulled off the amazingly stupid feat of spinning out both of Petty Enterprise's cars. Really stupid and classless move on his part. Saw Kyle talking to him after the race and all seemed to be fine. I'm thinking Newman will concentrate on making the top 10 for the next two races. If he doesn't make the Chase, I truly hope he puts Jarret into the wall every chance he gets. Something tells me that Harvick might do the dirty deed on Jarret first.
1994 Ford Mustang
1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby T II(putting back together)
#196889 - 08/28/05 01:43 AM Re: Bristol is tonight!
UMfan Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by BTC13:
I wish there were more 1/2 mile races like Bristol. Carl Edwards pulled off the amazingly stupid feat of spinning out both of Petty Enterprise's cars. Really stupid and classless move on his part. Saw Kyle talking to him after the race and all seemed to be fine. I'm thinking Newman will concentrate on making the top 10 for the next two races. If he doesn't make the Chase, I truly hope he puts Jarret into the wall every chance he gets. Something tells me that Harvick might do the dirty deed on Jarret first.
I agree with everything you said. I think Kyle Petty seems to be a good guy and forgave Edwards.

Newman will hold a grudge (see his battles with Rusty or Tony Stewart), but I don't remember him ever sacrificing his car for revenge. He'll be focussed on staying in the top ten. Harvick on the other hand is pretty well eliminated after tonight so he has nothing to lose. He's also got the temper to go after Jarrett, and quite frankly I hope he does.