Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#197203 - 09/08/05 03:04 PM Interesting Things in Thibodeaux
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
http://www.ksat.com/news/4947751/detail.html?subid=22100443&qs=1;bp=t

And for those who are too lazy to click. laugh

"SAN ANTONIO -- Gwendolyn Campbell hasn't seen her two young sons since they were airlifted off the rooftop of their flooded home in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina struck.

Allowing her sons to go ahead of her, Campbell had to wait for another helicopter to airlift her, so she was separated from her 2-year-old son, who is autistic, and her 11-year-old son, who is bipolar and suffers from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.

Campbell, along with thousands of other evacuees, then had to leave New Orleans, not knowing where she was going and not knowing where her sons were.

Campbell ended up at Lackland Baptist Church in San Antonio, hundreds of miles from her loved ones.

But on Tuesday, she got some good news -- her sons and their grandmother are safe at a shelter in Thibodeaux, La.

Anxious to be reunited with her sons, Campbell made a plea on KSAT 12 News to help her get reunited with her sons.

On Wednesday night, her prayers were answered -- a viewer who saw the news story volunteered to drive Campbell to Louisiana to bring her sons to San Antonio.

The viewer, an emergency medical technician from Marion, is a pediatric nurse who has worked with special needs children like Campbell's.

"Thank you so much," Campbell said to KSAT 12 News reporter Jessie Degollado, who reported on Campbell's situation.

Campbell plans to leave Friday for the reunion."
#197204 - 09/08/05 06:15 PM Re: Interesting Things in Thibodeaux
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
A lot of stories like that are out there.

... and it's T-H-I-B-O-D-A-U-X, no E. laugh

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#197205 - 09/09/05 01:33 PM Re: Interesting Things in Thibodeaux
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
:x So much for correct facts in the media. I took it right from the article, because (ironically) I wasn't sure how to spell it.

Curses!
#197206 - 09/09/05 02:54 PM Re: Interesting Things in Thibodeaux
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
I know... I read the article and saw how they spelled it. With the E is the most common way to spell it, but the city, as well as myself, has no E.
It's one of those pet-peeve things I've been living with all my life. crazy

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#197207 - 09/09/05 05:01 PM Re: Interesting Things in Thibodeaux
Dementeddj Offline
Loc: Kansas (Redneck Country)
I know what you mean Bobby, when I tell people my name, they try to either spell it with an "F" or they miss a few letters: Filmore, Fillmore, Filmor, Philmor, Phillmore, Phillmor. none of which are correct, and it really gets on my nerves, like your additional "e" my correct spelling is "Phillimore" sometimes I think that I've been cursed to deal w/ other people's ignorance on a daily basis for my entire life, know what I mean?
98 GTP GMPP handling kit, HomemadeFWI, MSD coils, Taylor wires, 180 drilled tstat, TR6IX plugs, Intense STD PCM, JimmyC DP, Thrasher shift kit (mild setting), AGX/Intrigue spring setup, drilled/slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads. Hopefully more to come
#197208 - 09/12/05 02:56 PM Re: Interesting Things in Thibodeaux
Caesar Offline
Loc: Michigan
Some people, like me, have an easy sounding name, but few can spell it correctly. I've heard so many different spellings and pronunciations of my last name I couldn't count the number. I've had teachers who could not spell my name after an entire year of being in their class. So you are not alone feeling this way.