Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#197414 - 10/24/04 03:08 AM Speeding
Kirmie Offline
Loc: Toledo
Well, got my first speeding ticket in my car. 40 in a 25. Who makes a street change from 50 to 35, then to 25 for 50 feet anyways? Didn't even know I was speeding and saw the cop WAY before I got radared. Also, he got the guy in front of me (who I was following to a paintball place) and the guy behind. I hate these small town cops.
#197415 - 10/24/04 08:34 AM Re: Speeding
DoberManJT Offline
Loc: North Carolina - Raleigh/Cary
Tell me about it Kirmie... I cross three county lines on my way to work each day (small counties lol) and there is one particular section where Alamance county changes to Orange county that the speed drops from 55 to 25 and there is ALWAYS an orange county sheriff sitting about ten feet past the county line with a radar. Unless you know to slow down BEFORE the actual speed limit changes he'll slap a speeding ticket on ya.

04 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, LPE intake system, headers, dyno tune from "RPM"

http://photobucket.com/albums/v221/Dobermanjt/GrandPrix/
#197416 - 10/24/04 12:40 PM Re: Speeding
TexasGP Offline
Loc: Georgetown, Texas
I usually don't slow down with my brakes...just coast to that speed...

I was getting on the highway a while back, and the speed limit was 40...I was on the on ramp pushing 60.....bam......I see the red and blues flashing. The cop said the 40 MPH limit applies to the on ramp also. I don't know anyone who doesn't accelerate on the on ramp when getting on the highway......I know he was accelerating on it coming after me laugh
#197417 - 10/24/04 01:00 PM Re: Speeding
DoberManJT Offline
Loc: North Carolina - Raleigh/Cary
That is such a cheap ticket you scored Texas. It humors me to no end how some cops will nab you for any little thing and others use a bit more common sense in allowing certain reasonable illegal moves. In one case I was on highway 54, which is single lanes, around 11pm when the van in front of me braked HARD for no apparent reason and I swerved around and passed because there was no way my car would've stopped. Didn't realized I'd had a cop following behind me, but I sure saw the flashing lights as he passed the van and pulled me over. He didn't ticket me, 'cause he saw what happened with the braking, but was giving me a warning to use my blinker to pass next time lol

04 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, LPE intake system, headers, dyno tune from "RPM"

http://photobucket.com/albums/v221/Dobermanjt/GrandPrix/
#197418 - 10/24/04 01:12 PM Re: Speeding
TexasGP Offline
Loc: Georgetown, Texas
And a funny thing is, I called about the ticket to see how much it was......got the money together, and sent it in....Well about a month later, I get a letter in the mail telling me if I don't pay off the rest of the ticket, I will have a warrant out for my arest the folling week.....WTF. The lady on the phone told me the wrong fee to pay.....so of cousre I had to pay another 75 bucks. mad

Another funny Cop encounter.......Driving back form Missouri.....middle of the day......I was in the slow lane and coming up to a car. Went to pass, looked over, didn't see anyone, and stated over. Next thing I see, I'm running an Oklahoma State Trooper off the road into the grass almost. I quickly swerve back into the slow lane. I know I'm getting a BIG FRIGGIN TICKET...................NOPE....He just gave me the finger and took off!!! eek jawdrop jawdrop laugh
Whew.............
#197419 - 10/26/04 05:28 PM Re: Speeding
Kirmie Offline
Loc: Toledo
lol! I wish I just got the finger. That would have been great. Wow, first time I ever wish somebody insulted me.
#197420 - 10/26/04 09:08 PM Re: Speeding
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by TexasGP:
I usually don't slow down with my brakes...just coast to that speed...
That's why I love having a 5-speed in my truck. I've downshifted heavily in front of cops many times. No brake lights.
#197421 - 10/27/04 01:12 PM Re: Speeding
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
One thing that catches there attention is the front end diving for the ground when you hit the brakes a little too hard.