Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#197454 - 06/20/09 12:48 PM Media for you
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Yahoo\'s news with a horrible headline

So the headlines and opening paragraph are talking about vehicles that are lemons.

So then they start talking about the Aztek. No where in the paragraph does it say anything about quality/reliability. All it can do is lambast it for poor mileage and overall looks.

I really think people should have a clue before they can publish anything.

Plus quoting a british service on an american product?
#197455 - 06/20/09 03:19 PM Re: Media for you
nyjets91 Offline
Loc: Wallingford/Hartford, CT
i just read that article before checking the forum. I thought the same thing. It's not a lemon if it's reliable and good quality. A lemon breaks down and costs you money, etc.. Azteks were not typically like that. Not to mention the fact that this car was one of the very first "crossover" suvs. Before even toyota or honda could get to it.

Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
I really think people should have a clue before they can publish anything.
Could not agree more
#197456 - 06/21/09 12:04 PM Re: Media for you
Richard Candelario Offline
Thats pretty much the deal that Consumer Reports gives ANY American car whenever the annual car review edition is released. If the car's American, it WILL be blasted with no reservation. If it's Japanese, it will be worshiped. If it's Japanese AND Hybrid, it will be canonized. American Hybrids get a pleasant one-word post-it added to the review. I trust CR none at all anymore.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC