Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#197973 - 09/22/04 06:11 PM GTO and Chevelle combined!!
TexasGP Offline
Loc: Georgetown, Texas
Ok.....I was flipping through my Car Craft mag I just got in the mail today, and came across an interesting pic. It is a hand made Chevelle that was created from a new GTO. eek
(November Issue...page 52)

Here's what it says:
"Imagine Motorsports was on hand for the official unveiling of the HRSS, a handmade Chevelle that was created from a new GTO. The body work was inspired by a Thom Taylor sketch that appeared in Hot Rod a while back, and power comes from a 454ci LS1-type engine, making a reputed 600 hp. They plan to sell a limited number of the Chevelles in the coming year........

Pretty sweet...and different.....
I'lltry and scan the pic and post it later....
#197974 - 09/22/04 06:53 PM Re: GTO and Chevelle combined!!
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#197975 - 09/22/04 07:06 PM Re: GTO and Chevelle combined!!
AustinGTP Offline
After what I saw on "RIDES" last night, I'm kinda disgusted by the HRSS. It's ugly. It looks like something out of Mad Maxx.

Ford debuted their latest supercar, the Shelby Gr-1, http://www.cardesignnews.com/news/2004/040813ford-gr1/
I hate Fords, but this car is soo freaking beautiful. Ford has it going on right now while GM is left in the dirt. Ford has shown us the GT, the new Shelby Cobra, Retro Mustang (that Cobra kicks ass, fella's), and now the Gr-1.
I love GM and always have, but they gotta step it up and show us a real supercar, something bigger than a V-8.

ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#197976 - 09/22/04 10:32 PM Re: GTO and Chevelle combined!!
TexasGP Offline
Loc: Georgetown, Texas
What the hell!!!
I only seen the pic from the quarter/side, and not the front. That thing looks like hammered crap. I sure wouldn't buy that thing. You could probably sand down a Chevette with a bag of walnuts and get something that looked better than that!

As for the ford......All I have to say is awesome! devilgrin devilgrin
#197977 - 09/22/04 11:32 PM Re: GTO and Chevelle combined!!
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
Quote:
Originally posted by Austin GTP:
After what I saw on "RIDES" last night, I'm kinda disgusted by the HRSS. It's ugly. It looks like something out of Mad Maxx.

Ford debuted their latest supercar, the Shelby Gr-1, http://www.cardesignnews.com/news/2004/040813ford-gr1/
Saw that episode also. Wasn't sure how they were going to deal with this as the GT is alread around.

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
#197978 - 09/23/04 08:26 AM Re: GTO and Chevelle combined!!
AustinGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by TexasGP:
What the hell!!!
I only seen the pic from the quarter/side, and not the front. That thing looks like hammered crap.
I like the concept of what they're trying to do, give it that 1970's retro look, but they did not do a good job on this one. It looks like a Chevette on steroids.

GM, stop going to the Aussie's. Do it the old fashion way...built it yourself!!!

#197979 - 09/23/04 12:58 PM Re: GTO and Chevelle combined!!
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
The Chevelle does have some gorgeous features but then some of the lines don't fit right with the car. It's as though some pieces are missing. From the link Austin gave, I kind of rather spend $85,000 on another car, say a GTO devilgrin

The GR-1 looks awesome, for a Ford. I would love to see that car on the street. Perhaps, drive one.
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#197980 - 09/23/04 05:08 PM Re: GTO and Chevelle combined!!
DoberManJT Offline
Loc: North Carolina - Raleigh/Cary
wow, wish they'd take that engine with all the mods and put it into a car that actually looked good

04 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, LPE intake system, headers, dyno tune from "RPM"

http://photobucket.com/albums/v221/Dobermanjt/GrandPrix/
#197981 - 09/23/04 10:15 PM Re: GTO and Chevelle combined!!
digital-d Offline
Loc: New York
I like the engine choices, especially the 600hp 454, but I like the other Chevelle design way more

#197982 - 09/24/04 06:11 AM Re: GTO and Chevelle combined!!
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
friggin ugly. and for the price I could get a GTO and drop in the same motor they are using and still have cash left over for better stuff.
#197983 - 09/25/04 10:46 PM Re: GTO and Chevelle combined!!
Jizz Offline
Loc: Central Maryland
"No No No...Wait for it left hand side"

The Chevelle is coming back... give Chevy 1-2 years... this car above is a mock up. Chevy is planning a Chevelle release with the "New" home grown GTO release... It will be like the Camaro/TA -- both on same platform but different body..Imagine it a GTO and a Chevelle together again but with the modern look and comfies! And a badbutt 6.0 engine

I cannot wait... the RETURN OF THE RWD HEAVY HP/TQ cars are returning

Gotta love it! cheers
#197984 - 09/26/04 10:19 PM Re: GTO and Chevelle combined!!
Stevecn6 Offline
Loc: St. Louis, MO
I kinda liked the back of that Chevelle thing, but the front end looked like shit. And as far as a new Chevelle coming out, I would love to see that. As a side note, I was readin Motor Trend the other day and saw something about the Monte Carlo gettin redesigned as a rear wheel drive with a V-8. Does anybody know anything about that, cuz thats what I always thought would make those cars sweet, that and a stick.

Stevecn6
2002 GP GT
Blue/Black
#197985 - 09/27/04 07:21 AM Re: GTO and Chevelle combined!!
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Is the GP to follow? since the monte is also a W body. Or is it gonna be it's own new body line.
#197986 - 09/27/04 12:23 PM Re: GTO and Chevelle combined!!
Stevecn6 Offline
Loc: St. Louis, MO
We can only hope that they would bring a V-8 and RWD back to a 2 door GP. That would be one hell of a car. If anyone finds out about that post it for sure.

Stevecn6
2002 GP GT
Blue/Black
#197987 - 09/27/04 02:29 PM Re: GTO and Chevelle combined!!
AustinGTP Offline
I'm going to step out on a limb and say no, they won't put a V-8 with RWD in the GP.
Here's my reasoning, which only makes sense to me:
GM sh*t canned the Camaro/Firebird (morons!), leaving no affordable RWD sports cars (Vette is a little out of reach for most and in a class all by itself). Pontiac fires back with the Aussie born GTO, Giving Pontiac it's new RWD sports car. Now Chevy will fire back with the RWD Monte (if it happens), returning a RWD sports car to Chevy. I also suspect there wil be a serious redesign of the Monte Carlo, introducing it to the sports car class.

This is only my opinion, and should not be taken for anything.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >