Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#198353 - 09/24/08 12:13 PM woman kills herself by burning car
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Loc: Ontario, Canada
I just got this newsletter from CarDomain and was reading the one article, it's crazy.

Here is the link

Quote:
It was the ultimate expression of road rage. A furious woman driver died after ramming another vehicle and spinning her wheels so fast that her own car burst into flames.

Serena Sutton-Smith, 54, burnt to death after refusing to get out of her Vauxhall Nova as she sat with her foot flat on the accelerator.

She spun the wheels so fast that her tyres disintegrated and the metal rims sent a shower of sparks into the engine, igniting the brake fluid and setting the car on fire.

Appalled onlookers urged her to get out of the car as the flames licked around her but she told them to “F*** off”, an inquest in Gloucester was told.

The road-rage attack took place on a quiet country road in the Cotswolds between Weston sub Edge and Mickleton in Gloucestershire.

The inquest heard that Paula Small was driving her Fiat Punto when Ms Sutton-Smith emerged from a side road without stopping, causing her to swerve to avoid a collision. Mrs Small was forced on the grass verge and she flashed her lights as Ms Sutton-Smith passed her.

Ms Sutton-Smith then pulled over and Mrs Small stopped a short way in front of her. She was getting out when the Vauxhall Nova rammed her car.

Mrs Small said: “I opened my door and put my foot out but as I was getting out there was a bang and I hit my head on the door frame. I was frozen with terror.” As neighbours came to investigate they saw Ms Sutton-Smith sitting with a furious expression, revving her engine and spinning her wheels.

Nicholas Willmore told the inquest that he was in his workshop at Cottage Farm Antiques when his mother alerted him to what was happening outside. As he walked across the road to the two cars he saw smoke coming from the engine of the Nova.

He said: “There was a deafening sound of an engine running as though someone had a foot stuck on the accelerator.

“The car’s front wheels were spinning and there was loads of revving. I could see a biggish person at the wheel and there was movement in the car. Flames were coming from underneath the car and I thought the person might be trapped inside although I couldn’t hear any shouting.

“I opened the driver’s door wide. It opened easily. The person looked at me, it was a big built woman. I said ’You’ve got to get out of the car. It’s going to burst into flames’.

“The person replied ’F*** off, just f*** off’ and she raised her right fist towards me in a threatening manner before slamming the door shut.

“I was a bit bewildered and moved 3-4 yards back. I could see her gesturing towards me. She seemed to be in quite a rage. Both fists were raised and being shaken and the person was looking right at me.

“This was definitely done in a manner to tell me to stay away from her car.” Mr Willmore grabbed a fire extinguisher from his workshop but it failed to put out the flames. Another motorist also tried to extinguish the flames.

Mr Willmore added: “The heat was getting more and more intense and the flames were growing. I could no longer see inside. There was nothing that could be done to help the person inside.

“There was no attempt by the person to get out. In my opinion it was against all human instincts for someone to stay inside that car.” Ms Sutton-Smith was dead by the time fire fighters arrived to put out the blaze.

Fire officer Andrew Clayton said: “The circumstances indicate that this was a deliberate act. She remained in the vehicle after ramming a car and then sat with the front wheels spinning until fire developed.

“The front nearside passenger wheel gouged into the road surface by 50mm and the tyre was totally destroyed by the friction. This would have produced sparks igniting fluid, most probably brake fluid.” The inquest heard that Ms Sutton-Smith, who had previously worked behind the bar at a working men’s club in Ashton sub Edge, had a history of erratic behaviour and suffered from bipolar disorder.

Alan Crickmore, the Gloucestershire coroner, said that her mental condition meant that she failed to appreciate the danger she was in.

He said “At no time, prior to becoming incapicitated, was Serena trapped in her vehicle. She was certainly able to get out of it when Mr Willmore opened the door and invited her to do so.

“I am driven to the conclusion that if at any time she had wanted to do so before becoming incapacitated she could have got out of the car and would not have died as a result of the fire.

“I am satisfied the fire was started because of her deliberate actions. But I am far from satisfied that at that point in time it was her clear intention that death would ensue.

“I think it is more likely than not that she failed to understand the peril she was in and the consequences of her actions.” He recorded a verdict of accidental death.
#198354 - 09/24/08 12:17 PM Re: woman kills herself by burning car
20gtp02 Offline
Good gosh!

#198355 - 09/24/08 12:22 PM Re: woman kills herself by burning car
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
wtf?

I dont understand how that is considered "accidental death". How could you not "understand the peril she was in and the consequences of her actions".

I think its suicide.
#198356 - 09/24/08 12:22 PM Re: woman kills herself by burning car
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Loc: Ontario, Canada
as they say in the hood:

dat' b**ch crazy!
#198357 - 09/24/08 02:19 PM Re: woman kills herself by burning car
BoostenGTP Offline
Loc: Michigan
Wow, i hope ive never pissed someone off enough to where they had road rage and did that.
#198358 - 09/24/08 04:13 PM Re: woman kills herself by burning car
StreetShaker Offline
Loc: Tyrone, Central PA
Thats an odd way to commit suicide.....

"Mr. Mom"
#198359 - 09/24/08 10:56 PM Re: woman kills herself by burning car
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Well she suffered from bipolar disorder in the past and that could be why she didn't get out because she probably had no idea what danger she was in as they said in the article. This is nothing strange to me.
#198360 - 09/24/08 11:38 PM Re: woman kills herself by burning car
20gtp02 Offline
No offense Dre, but did she type that last sentence, omg.
Yah one member on clubgp, his diabetes broke loose on him, and he put the pedal to the floor or something and wrecked the gtp.

#198361 - 09/25/08 12:30 AM Re: woman kills herself by burning car
Dre da GP man Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by 20gtp02:
No offense Dre, but did she type that last sentence, omg.
Yah one member on clubgp, his diabetes broke loose on him, and he put the pedal to the floor or something and wrecked the gtp.
Your first sentence wasn't neccessary, just keep that comment to yourself because comments like that is what start 15 page threads. I'll just ignore that one.
#198362 - 09/25/08 12:36 AM Re: woman kills herself by burning car
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
whoa.. my last name is Sutton. I have to check to my family if they knew her. Nope. Whew... lol

Anyway, that's shame. She really have a crappy day I guess. This people who trying save her that they didn't know she has history problem before but I think they should pull her out no matter what if she is angry or whatever. I wonder this woman have husband and kid? It might be bad to hear that your wife/mom got crazy and kill herself in car fire.

20GTP02: This guy faint or something crash into fast food building. His wife try stop but it is not enough time to do that. I remember that thread from clubgp last month. He got his car fix already.
#198363 - 09/25/08 01:45 PM Re: woman kills herself by burning car
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Dre da GP man:
Quote:
Originally posted by 20gtp02:
[b] No offense Dre, but did she type that last sentence, omg.
Your first sentence wasn't neccessary, just keep that comment to yourself because comments like that is what start 15 page threads. I'll just ignore that one. [/b]
He's got a point, dude. Your last sentence makes no sense. confused lol
#198364 - 09/25/08 11:34 PM Re: woman kills herself by burning car
Dre da GP man Offline
No, he doesn't have a point acefighter mad

That is very disrespectful what 20gtp02 said about my mom. Why in the hell would you say no offense but go right back to being negative and say did my mom type that last sentence. My mom has nothiing to do with this thread, I was just explaining a situation in my life about her that was simular in this thread.

My mom is very sick right now and she could die anyday now for the next ten years that the doctor gave her to live. To say something like that really piss me off but yet you had to put your two cents in and laugh about it as well.

I will NOT be disrected by anybody on this forum saying smart comments like that because I am a good person on here and never say anything disrectful to anybody on here and I always try to help people out on here.

I erased what I said on the previous post so I won't get another smart ass comment for the thrid time.