Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#198534 - 08/16/06 01:09 PM Drove a couple new rentals this week
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
I got a Ford Freestyle for a few days and Camry for a few days.

I like the Hyundai sonata better than the Camry, but it was fun driving around LA in a little four banger. I'd just floor it and wait....and wait...meanwhile the little engine is just reving up as fast as it can go. In the LA traffic.... ha it was fun though. Kind of like a giant go kart.

I liked the Freestyle though. I was surprised to see it only has a 3.0L engine in the specs, because I thought it drove pretty good for such a big truck. It accelerated good, and I liked the sound of the exhaust. The antenna on it is insane too. Normally the radio station I listen to will cut out about halfway to the airport from my house. In the Freestyle, I could get the station in clear AT the airport which is 70 miles from my house.

I give the Freestyle a thumbs up. The Camry was disappointing to say the least...but I made the most of it.
#198535 - 08/16/06 11:01 PM Re: Drove a couple new rentals this week
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
I kinda like the new sonata with the 230 hp engine, very quick but doesn't maintain.(I drove one a while back)
#198536 - 08/17/06 01:28 AM Re: Drove a couple new rentals this week
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
doesn't maintain?

The sonata is what I drove too. I liked it. My wife wanted to buy one, but luckily we don't have the money.
#198537 - 08/17/06 12:46 PM Re: Drove a couple new rentals this week
jjcom Offline
Loc: USA
Wonder if he means it's geared low to start, like 1st and 2nd, but 3rd is geared high, so it loses it's quickness.