Originally posted by StreetShaker:
BTW reading that gave me goosebumps. [/QB]
x2
#198708 - 06/28/09 01:14 AM Re: LS9 Engine Exploded
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
the integration of the blower housing into the lower intake manifold is a thing of beauty. The other striking feature to me is the total absence of any part that appears to be stamped steel. Everything looks to be cast aluminum or some other alloy.
To me this is proof positive that the American automakers can build hi-tech engines as good as anyone else in the world. Now if that superlative craftsmanship can make it down into the smaller engines we'd have ourselves a real ballgame.

The other true indicator of how good this engine really is can be found at the 24 hours of LeMans, where Corvette has all but slain every comer in the GT class. The exotic automakers of the world have challenged the Corvette on the Circuit de La Sarthe and have been found wanting. Performance, efficency and durability are three qualities that are pretty tough to bring together for 3000 miles of hard running. Yet the crossed flags of Corvette have taken their place on the podium 16 times since 2000.
Enzo Ferrari is screaming from beyond the grave, but not as loud as the roaring exhaust of the All American Supercar.
Did you write that T-Bat????
That's some good writing.

http://pdxcgp.com
#198709 - 06/28/09 09:59 AM Re: LS9 Engine Exploded
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
Guilty as charged laugh

...and thanks for the props, I'm glad you guys enjoy the read thumbsup

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2