Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#199559 - 07/13/08 02:59 AM Re: eclipse and GP photoshoot! 56k..no add pics pg 4
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by AustinGTP:
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
[b] Gotta be honest with you Austin, this calendar thing should be fun, and you're killing it. Not trying to get myself in trouble or anything, but this is going way overboard.

While we all want this calender to look good, I kinda think you're taking it TOO seriously...how does everyone else feel?
I completely disagree.
Herc and I came up with the rules that are posted. The rules are crystal clear and as I posted in the rules, no gray areas.
I don't think I'm the one who is killing it. I think it's being killed by those who seem to want to make every attempt to not follow the rules, and the gallery that's cheering him on to not follow the rules. I've been in discussion with 01GT and he knows exactly what my thoughts are on his pics and how I would improve on them.
I'm not making up the rules as I go, they are posted and will be followed to the letter. There is a rule in place that states no partial pic. Some seem to think that means 98% of the pic is okay. It is not. 99.99% of the pic is not okay. 100% and only 100% of the pic is acceptable.
I really don't understand what is so hard about following some simple rules.
Ganging up on me about some broken rules will not get anyone anywhere. This is a level playing field. Everyone will follow the same set of rules. There will be no exceptions.
So far there have been two fine examples of what we're looking for.
I would suggest everyone go back and carefully read the rules that are in place. They are crystal clear, black and white. Please do not try to create any gray areas.
If you have any questions about a pic you're wanting to submit, feel free to ask for mine and/or Herc's ruling and be prepared to accept our ruling as it is. Herc and I will have the same ruling on the issue so it doesn't matter who you ask. If one of us is having a hard time coming to a conclusion with your issue, we'll contact the other and if necessary we will bring in a third party and put it to a vote between the three of us, just be prepared to accept the ruling as it is. [/b]
First off, Austin, please understand I'm not trying to cause trouble. That's not at all my purpose here. I just want to voice my opinion, that's all.

It just seems to me that you really don't care what we have to say. There's no way we could voice opinions, and have the rules edited?

From the link northtnguy posted, the Porsche is an example of what I mean. That is a bad*** pic, and it definitely worth of a calendar. Why does it have to be 100% of the car, if you can get a calendar worthy pic of part of it?

Again, I'm not trying to cause trouble. I want this calendar to be awesome. But it just seems like it's overly strict, and not fun. Everything anyone says you shoot down.
#199560 - 07/13/08 08:48 AM Re: eclipse and GP photoshoot! 56k..no add pics pg 4
GTPJesse Offline
Loc: Wis
this calender thing seem like it was going to be cool. But all it's doing is causing trouble, and bad vides. we might as well be clubgp. Sorry to say I won't be apart of the calender. My .04cents.
Appearance mods= 20% tint all around, HID's, rerouted flashes to fogs and tails, front grill has a Red Gtp badge,Calipers painted red, engine cover painted silver, and with red lettering, rear pontiac red overlays, and side Gtp badges have red overlays, Silver star fogs, A piller w/gauges boost installed, oil, knock have to be installed, and a GPS.

Mods to come= 3" DP, and others........haven't thought about it
#199561 - 07/13/08 10:33 AM Re: eclipse and GP photoshoot! 56k..no add pics pg 4
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:

It just seems to me that you really don't care what we have to say. There's no way we could voice opinions, and have the rules edited?
What I care about are that the rules are followed, to the letter. That is the purpose of having them.
Yes you can voice your opinion about what you disagree with about the rules, just don't expect to have the rules changed just because you're not happy with one of them.
As I've said before, These are the rules that Herc and I came up with and we both agreed upon them and they have been set in place and if you want to submit a pic to be voted on, you must follow the rules just like everyone else who will be submitting a pic.
There have been two fine examples of pics to be submitted. Neither one of those people had any problems what so ever following the rules. What kind of a disservice do you think I would be providing to someone who follows the rules if I allow someone else to not follow the rules?

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#199562 - 07/13/08 11:05 AM Re: eclipse and GP photoshoot! 56k..no add pics pg 4
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
so tim all the dis-color is inside the lights ??
#199563 - 07/13/08 11:10 AM Re: eclipse and GP photoshoot! 56k..no add pics pg 4
'01 GT Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
there is no dis-color, its just moisture and i cant figure how to get it out and keep it out!

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
01 3.2 intercooled GT RIP
#199564 - 07/13/08 01:13 PM Re: eclipse and GP photoshoot! 56k..no add pics pg 4
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by AustinGTP:
[b]
Quote:
[b] Gotta be honest with you Austin, this calendar thing should be fun, and you're killing it. Not trying to get myself in trouble or anything, but this is going way overboard.

While we all want this calender to look good, I kinda think you're taking it TOO seriously...how does everyone else feel?
I completely disagree.
Herc and I came up with the rules that are posted. The rules are crystal clear and as I posted in the rules, no gray areas.
I don't think I'm the one who is killing it. I think it's being killed by those who seem to want to make every attempt to not follow the rules, and the gallery that's cheering him on to not follow the rules. I've been in discussion with 01GT and he knows exactly what my thoughts are on his pics and how I would improve on them.
I'm not making up the rules as I go, they are posted and will be followed to the letter. There is a rule in place that states no partial pic. Some seem to think that means 98% of the pic is okay. It is not. 99.99% of the pic is not okay. 100% and only 100% of the pic is acceptable.
I really don't understand what is so hard about following some simple rules.
Ganging up on me about some broken rules will not get anyone anywhere. This is a level playing field. Everyone will follow the same set of rules. There will be no exceptions.
So far there have been two fine examples of what we're looking for.
I would suggest everyone go back and carefully read the rules that are in place. They are crystal clear, black and white. Please do not try to create any gray areas.
If you have any questions about a pic you're wanting to submit, feel free to ask for mine and/or Herc's ruling and be prepared to accept our ruling as it is. Herc and I will have the same ruling on the issue so it doesn't matter who you ask. If one of us is having a hard time coming to a conclusion with your issue, we'll contact the other and if necessary we will bring in a third party and put it to a vote between the three of us, just be prepared to accept the ruling as it is. [/b]
First off, Austin, please understand I'm not trying to cause trouble. That's not at all my purpose here. I just want to voice my opinion, that's all.

From the link northtnguy posted, the Porsche is an example of what I mean. That is a bad*** pic, and it definitely worth of a calendar. Why does it have to be 100% of the car, if you can get a calendar worthy pic of part of it?

Again, I'm not trying to cause trouble. I want this calendar to be awesome. But it just seems like it's overly strict, and not fun.

Everything anyone says you shoot down. [/b]
That last sentance is utter BS. The rules have been tweeked at the request of members rules have been added. But when it comes to partials sorry it's not going to change.

This is the last time myself and Bobby are going to address this rule.

Those that have a problem with it you have two choices. Suck it up and abide by it or don't participate.

We have a small committee to run this endeavor if everyone is involved nothing would get done because 100 different people have 100 different ideas and things just get bogged down.
#199565 - 07/13/08 02:33 PM Re: eclipse and GP photoshoot! 56k..no add pics pg 4
GP GT GUY Offline
Loc: Indianapolis
okay so maybe i'm just an idiot but i can't find the second wrong picture... the 911 is a partial but maybe the first with having the jet in the picture is wrong or the last one looks a lil photoshopped with the side scene maybe

2000 GP GT 20's, altezzas, clears, F/M super 44's, some little blue L.E.D.s

#199566 - 07/13/08 03:11 PM Re: eclipse and GP photoshoot! 56k..no add pics pg 4
'01 GT Offline
the picture that has just the front end photographed.

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
#199567 - 07/13/08 03:47 PM Re: eclipse and GP photoshoot! 56k..no add pics pg 4
northtnguy Offline
Loc: Nashville, TN
Come one guys ... quit giving Herc and Austin grief about the rules. When you sit down and really think about it, there aren't that many rules that you have to follow. Have fun with your photo shoots! laugh That's what it's all about.

Go to a park or a deserted road, find a good spot and use your imagination ... don't have any other cars in your pictures ... you're wanting to make your car the 'star' of the pic. If you want a pic of the back of your car, take off your rear license plate, if you want a pic of the front of your car, take off the front license plate (if your car has one) ... what's complicated about that?? confused

You've got all angles that you can shoot your car from ... high, low, eye level ... get down low and get some shots ... take a step ladder with you and get up high ...use your imagination, but have fun while you do it!

Rules? Yeah, there's a few rules you'll have to follow, but not that many!

Y'all have the easy part to do. Can you imagine how much work Herc and Austin are gonna have creating this project for you? They're the ones that are going to put it all together after the votes are in. hammer
#199568 - 07/13/08 05:21 PM Re: eclipse and GP photoshoot! 56k..no add pics pg 4
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Loc: Ontario, Canada
wait, I thought partial pics meant that if your taking a side or front/side shot of the car then it couldn't be cut off?

But does this mean that you can't take a pic of just the front?

like this... (except for the license plate, I understand that bit)
#199569 - 07/13/08 06:21 PM Re: eclipse and GP photoshoot! 56k..no add pics pg 4
'01 GT Offline
yep because its not 100% of the car... :rolleyes:

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
#199570 - 07/13/08 07:01 PM Re: eclipse and GP photoshoot! 56k..no add pics pg 4
northtnguy Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by '01 GT:
the picture that has just the front end photographed.
Well, you're partially right. What else is in that picture???????? It's MORE than just the car!! banghead
#199571 - 07/13/08 07:08 PM Re: eclipse and GP photoshoot! 56k..no add pics pg 4
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
R. S. other then the plate that is fine.

No partials means the car must be bordered by the fore and back ground.

Full frontals, full rears, quarter on, overhead, underneath, profile as long as there is a border around the vehicle it's acceptable.

How difficult is that to understand?
#199572 - 07/13/08 07:09 PM Re: eclipse and GP photoshoot! 56k..no add pics pg 4
northtnguy Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by r.s.hutchinson:
wait, I thought partial pics meant that if your taking a side or front/side shot of the car then it couldn't be cut off?

But does this mean that you can't take a pic of just the front?

like this... (except for the license plate, I understand that bit)
I think that picture would probably work ... all of your car is in the frame. (But I'm not Herc or Austin, they have the final rule on this.) I think the rules say "No partial pics of your car". To me, that would mean exactly what it says ... just part of the car in the frame is a no-no. Now, if you had been so close to the car in your pic that you cut off part of the tire, that would be a no-no ... that would be a partial pic.
#199573 - 07/13/08 07:24 PM Re: eclipse and GP photoshoot! 56k..no add pics pg 4
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
I do have a problem with the "Boost gets you laid" decal on the front windshield, and I can almost promise you that Brian would not allow it.
You'll have to get an angle where the decal does not show.

Rule number 5 has now been updated to not allow the display of any sexually suggestive material.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >