Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#200024 - 07/06/07 02:13 AM Northeast meet?
D Bold Offline
Loc: Warwick, RI
I've been trying to see if anyone is interested in having a meet in the northeast. I don't know exactly where it would be yet but basically we'd have grandprix.net and unitedmalibus.com meeting together for the first time. These are two great GM sedans, and I think you guys would like the group at unitedmalibus.com They are really cool guys. What do you think??
#200025 - 07/06/07 02:26 PM Re: Northeast meet?
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
I'd be up for it depending on location.
#200026 - 07/06/07 04:49 PM Re: Northeast meet?
D Bold Offline
yea i want to try a spot somewhere in New Jersey or upstate New York. I'm gonna see what i can find.
#200027 - 07/06/07 04:56 PM Re: Northeast meet?
D Bold Offline
i'm thinking maybe Keystone Raceway in Palmyra, Pennsylvania. The guys over at United Malibus suggested that spot.
#200028 - 07/06/07 05:19 PM Re: Northeast meet?
D Offline
Loc: Brooklyn, NY
I think I my be need I have to see whast up with the dates but it could be possible I will run it by a few gys in my local club and see if they want to make a day out of it. Its only a 2 and 1/2 hour drive so tis not that bad. Kepp me posted on the dates and times.

1997 Grand Prix GT: ZZP SS M90 Kit--P&P Blower and LIM--3.8" Modular pulley--36# injectors--ZZP Wizair CAI--8.5mm MSD Wires--Autolite 103s@ .052--180* drilled T-stat--Tune Time Performance Tune--ZZP 2.5" D/P w/o Cat--ZZP Stage 1 HV TB--ZZP Power Log & Rear PEM--ZZP Poly Motor & Tranny Mounts--Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow Mufflers--Auto Meter Z Series Boost & Oil Pressure Gauges--Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge

New York Metro Club Grand Prix
www.nymcgp.com
#200029 - 07/06/07 05:26 PM Re: Northeast meet?
D Bold Offline
ok cool that sounds good. i think its about 4 hours for me, but trying to do this in august...maybe september.
#200030 - 07/06/07 05:27 PM Re: Northeast meet?
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
sounds like a great idea...you just need an even to gather around so you have things to do...Carlisle is a good choice for groups with PLENTY to look at and such...but even with out something as big as Carlisle, access to a track, a big hotel parking lot or dealer where you can do a "show 'n shine" or even hooking up with a local charity so you can make a fund raiser out of it...just my .02cents

btw...I'll be in Texas for 9/8&9/07...so i cant make it then for sure.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#200031 - 07/06/07 06:24 PM Re: Northeast meet?
D Bold Offline
wow thats a pretty good idea...Let me see what I can set up. I definitely don't want to be out in the boonies. It would be nice to have a track, a big parking lot, and amusements in the area. Like a go-kart track, mini-golf,etc. and then restaraunts or diners. That way we can have a day at the track and then show off our rides take pictures or w.e, have some fun at a go-kart track and/or mini-golf and then eat dinner and desert and leave. One place where we could definitely do that is Seekonk, Massachusetts. They have Seekonk Speedway with open events on some sundays, right down the street is Seekonk Grand Prix (2 go-kart tracks, bumper boats, mini-golf, and an arcade inside) and plenty of restaruants and gas stations. If you guys want to do that I can easily set that up. If you have any other suggestions let me know as well.
#200032 - 07/06/07 06:29 PM Re: Northeast meet?
D Bold Offline
here are some dates to throw around...Sunday August 5th (special event at Seekonk Speedway Includes: Figure 8s, enduros, demo derby [not for us lol] and spectator drags) we would be able to participate in those events for a total of $45.00 ($20 at the gate, and $25 pit fee)

...and another date for the same special event is Sunday September 2nd. Everything is the same.
#200033 - 07/06/07 06:49 PM Re: Northeast meet?
D Bold Offline
this is a real good deal actually...the spectator drags are real cool, we would be able to race each other around the track. 1-on-1 racing basically. the enduro drag is a multiple car race and the top 3 of each race move on to the next race. its basically a knock out event...figure 8s are for junkie 200 dollar cars lol. theres a lot of contact coming through there. Unless you're confident enough to bring your shiny beautiful grand prix through...thats up 2 u lol...what do you guys think?
#200034 - 07/06/07 07:11 PM Re: Northeast meet?
ReDgie the WeDgie Offline
Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada
And heres me, ready to sign up...then...I remember G W Bush is visiting and Im stuck on his detail up here...
Ill keep checkin the dates, but for me August is a bust banghead
#200035 - 07/06/07 07:22 PM Re: Northeast meet?
D Bold Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by ReDgie the WeDgie:
And heres me, ready to sign up...then...I remember G W Bush is visiting and Im stuck on his detail up here...
Ill keep checkin the dates, but for me August is a bust banghead
work for the police dept.? cool my dad was a cop...anyway theres alway september. It will give me more time to work on my GP too.
#200036 - 07/06/07 07:56 PM Re: Northeast meet?
theone2043 Offline
Loc: Pocono, PA
let me know the details and i should be able to show up.. if tbat was talking about carlise pa there is a sport emporium that has different things to do not sure where there is a track around and its next to harrisburg which has plenty to c
#200037 - 07/06/07 09:35 PM Re: Northeast meet?
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Early sept in mass would be good for me.
#200038 - 07/07/07 04:14 AM Re: Northeast meet?
D Bold Offline
wow just might do both august and september...both unitedmalibus.com and us here at gp.net have placed a strong interest in this...i'm going to basically see how many can do it on the said date in august and see how many can do it on the said date in september and choose from there