Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#200142 - 03/03/09 08:09 PM Re: good radar detector
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by Nuke:
In Iraq I get shot at. I see the enemy muzzle flashes; I hear the rounds crackle above my head. I feel my legs run faster as I hear bullets hit walls behind me. I live the rush in Iraq so I guess I sort of seek for it when I am back home. My best friend who is also Infantry is the same like me. I don't know how you guys say 100 is a lot when him and I don't even consider anything more than 130 a lot. But it is probably because all of us have seen different things and experienced different things in life.
Am I the only one who thinks that is the most ridiculous excuse for driving 100-130mph down a highway?
:rolleyes:

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#200143 - 03/03/09 08:24 PM Re: good radar detector
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
lol I don't know what to say after read this. So no you are not only one think it is ridiculous excuse.
#200144 - 03/03/09 08:25 PM Re: good radar detector
Richard Candelario Offline
No, you aint the only one. Stupid decisions like this is what causes returning Soldiers to kill innocent Americans on our highways and biways. I am more than convinced that you are not a Captain in the United States Army.

Soldier, for your safety, the well-being of your family, and the safety of any one else peripheral to your actions, STOP BEING STUPID!!!

If you feel offended by my statements, you can email me at richard.candelario@us.army.mil.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#200145 - 03/03/09 08:31 PM Re: good radar detector
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
Rick, that's good post. thumbsup
#200146 - 03/03/09 08:51 PM Re: good radar detector
BlackTop Vinyl Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Haha, this post has gotten really ridiculous.
#200147 - 03/03/09 11:40 PM Re: good radar detector
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by AustinGTP:
Quote:
Originally posted by Nuke:
[b] In Iraq I get shot at. I see the enemy muzzle flashes; I hear the rounds crackle above my head. I feel my legs run faster as I hear bullets hit walls behind me. I live the rush in Iraq so I guess I sort of seek for it when I am back home. My best friend who is also Infantry is the same like me. I don't know how you guys say 100 is a lot when him and I don't even consider anything more than 130 a lot. But it is probably because all of us have seen different things and experienced different things in life.
Am I the only one who thinks that is the most ridiculous excuse for driving 100-130mph down a highway?
:rolleyes: [/b]
I respect every guy who goes over there and does that for us, but that is a terrible excuse.
#200148 - 03/04/09 12:46 AM Re: good radar detector
MAC GTP Offline
Loc: Willow Grove,PA
i respect officers of all branches, and for you to be an O-3 in the US army and not have the common sence to understand what you are doing is stupid, idk what to tell you. dont you give safety briefs to your division? ( or whatever you call it in the army ) one of the first things covered in every one has to do with driving. to go slow and abide by he traffic laws.

i havent been over to iraq yet. its hard to get a chance to go with the job i have, but i know that if i came back from that i wouldent use that excuse to do anything stupid. you went thru all that risking your life to protect us and your family back home and still come back here and risk your life and the lives on the road with you the same lives you swore to protect just to satisfy your needs. that sir makes no sence at all.

i say this with the upmost respect sir, for your safety and for those around you. if you need that "rush" take it to the track please! where you cant hurt anyone else.

and if i offended you you can also email me at richard.mcintyre@navy.mil

ACAN MCINTYRE
US NAVY
NAS WILLOW GROVE
OPS DEPARTMENT
AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL DIVISION

(YES IM ONLY AN E-3)
#200149 - 03/04/09 02:40 AM Re: good radar detector
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Ok, guys? Where did you get the idea that he is a Captain? From his sig? That's for a CLAN for a GAME, not the military. So I think you guys need to chill out a little (or maybe a lot), because I think your jumping to [incorrect] conclusions.

Second, that's a small pic, but yes, it does appear to be a PFC rank.

Finally, I don't think his excuse is a stupid one. He's saying it's for the adrenaline rush. That is the ENTIRE reason we enjoy racing and/or speeding. So maybe y'all should think about it before saying it's a stupid excuse, because I think most of you would agree with him. Does that make doing it ok? Of course not.

Oh, and if you enjoy being shot at, then THAT is stupid. Enjoying getting shot at WILL get you killed.
#200150 - 03/04/09 07:21 AM Re: good radar detector
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
I still find as not a good excuse. There are safer ways to cure the adrenaline rush. GROW UP!!!!!!

You realize that attitudes like that is what accounts for most of the homeside service deaths? More young soldiers were killed in car/motorcycle accidents last year then were killed in Iraq?

You wanna go fast fine take it to a track.

If you feel offended you can email me at

robert.rinaldi@navy.mil

Ohh and I bet if your unit commander knew what your attitude was in regards to vehicle safety you'd be on the carpet immediately.
#200151 - 03/04/09 09:01 AM Re: good radar detector
ChrisGT Offline
Loc: Cranston, RI
Uhm no offense guys but if you took his sig to be a real account of his earnings well then haha

+ I don't think he ever said he was a Captain. I could be mistaken and I will look at the posts more in depth but it doesn't seem like he actually said he was a Captain.

04 GTO M6 | HE SS Clutch | Kooks LT's | SLP LM2 | K&N
Soon: APS TT kit wink

SOLD \/
01 GT | STr5 cam | PT-67 | 18-22psi

#200152 - 03/04/09 09:25 AM Re: good radar detector
I had never said he was a CPT, nor has he. This PFC (the Marines dont have Rockers on their rank until they make Staff Sergeant) is making people believe that he is, indeed, a CPT in the US Army and an Operator. I am convinced, after MAC's searching, that his sig is simply his earnings in America's Army.

Soldier, I would highly recommend that you go to counseling. You are in need of help in re-adjusting to life here in the States. I was in a similar condition some years ago.

As for the speeding: SLOW DOWN. Your family and friends love you, need you around, and would be DEVESTATED if you had harmed yourself while going 130 MPH.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#200153 - 03/04/09 10:47 AM Re: good radar detector
BlackTop Vinyl Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Who cares, I think the dude up and left anyway.
#200154 - 03/04/09 03:30 PM Re: good radar detector
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
I find his claims of fines on post a little odd. I've never seen fines issued. Base points yes and if he got as many as he claimed his sticker would have been scraped and base driving privildeges revoked.
#200155 - 03/04/09 03:59 PM Re: good radar detector
MAC GTP Offline
Loc: Willow Grove,PA
hercs right.

here its 12 points a year.

3 for speeding 0-9 mph
5 for speeding 10-20 mph
5 for wreckless driving which is up to the MP

i deleted my post earlier cause i thought it seemed harsh. i was pretty upset is all.
#200156 - 03/04/09 05:12 PM Re: good radar detector
most Army posts will issue fine tickets. I was issued enough to know this personally. AND they assess Post Points.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >