Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#201690 - 09/23/05 09:25 AM Re: hurricane rita
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
Just found out. They expect the costal cities to be destroyed.

Wow, this is serious.

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
#201691 - 09/23/05 10:06 AM Re: hurricane rita
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
Yeah, Waco will just get a massive amount of storms. It might flood a lot in lower places, but it's nothing direly serious. We get flash floods every year, so it's actually pretty normal. Waco is actually getting an incredible amount of refugees from the coastline, so if they're going there, it's relatively safe.

I'll bet your friend is going to Baylor, right, Bryant? laugh It's the only non-community college we have down there. I'm sure he'll be more than fine.
#201692 - 09/24/05 12:18 AM Re: hurricane rita
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
Thanks for the replies Bobby and Arc. He is at Baylor working as a grad-assistant.

Best of luck to everyone.
#201693 - 09/24/05 10:32 PM Re: hurricane rita
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
No problem, Bryant.

I talked to my parents today; it's only a bit windy down there, it doesn't seem to have rained any. I know here in Denton all we got were some dark clouds that didn't live up to anything, and now it's a little windy here too. I doubt us in-landers are in any trouble now, since weather stations are reporting that Rita's falling apart and turning East.
#201694 - 09/24/05 11:27 PM Re: hurricane rita
jeremy Offline
Loc: Mableton, GA
yeah since it turned it missed us but it hit all of my dads family since they live just north of lake charles my grandmother and all of my aunts and uncles and cousins fled but my grandpa stayed to ride out the storm since he built his house with his own hands and we havent been able to get ahold of him since the phones are down where he lives.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2