Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#202730 - 06/10/03 10:59 AM Clairmont Auto Group in W.Caldwell NJ - great dealer!!!
Cliff Cherry Offline
Loc: Caldwell, NJ
Just want to thank Clairmont for going above and beyond what I expected cheers

Just checkin' in periodically :-D
#202731 - 06/10/03 01:02 PM Re: Clairmont Auto Group in W.Caldwell NJ - great dealer!!!
Chew Offline
Loc: Washington, DC
Did you check your VIN# to see if your car was a part of the recent recall? GM might have paid for the repair anyway.

Anyhoo, even if the dealer was just playing it off like they were doing you a favor ... at least you didn't have to actually pay for it in the end yourself.

Chew

2007 Sly Silver Pontiac Solstice GXP
#202732 - 06/10/03 01:15 PM Re: Clairmont Auto Group in W.Caldwell NJ - great dealer!!!
Cliff Cherry Offline
I got a recall notice for the pinion gear and had it repaired back in January - is that the recall you're referring to?

I didn't correlate the two before, but that might have been the reason GM issued the credit this time (although they actually gave me $60 more than I paid).

Either way it was an unexpected recovery after a very unexpected hit. Hopefully the old jalopy holds together another couple of weeks :p !

#202733 - 06/11/03 11:45 PM Re: Clairmont Auto Group in W.Caldwell NJ - great dealer!!!
Kenny's '97 GTP - Wayne, NJ Offline
Loc: Wayne, NJ
Cliff...

Thanks for the report about Clairmont.
(I worked right by them years ago.... Off of Passaic Avenue near Bloomfield Avenue in W. Caldwell)

I've not been too happy with the Pontiac service departments I've used for my '97 GTP in the past. Maroon Pontiac in Wayne/Riverdale was a disaster that changed hands three years ago and is now Demassi Pontiac (I bought my GTP from them when they were in Lyndhurst, and I'll never go back to Demassi because of how they treated me during and after the sale. Idiots.)
Sifford Pontiac's service dept in Bogota (Hackensack area) wasn't much better either.

I'm about to bring the car into McGuire Pontiac in Little Falls, since their the closest to me, and they can't be any worse than the others I've dealt with (at least I hope not).

One of the items on my list of problems is for them to do the steering recall. I'm having problems with steering that may be the rack and pinion issue in the recall, or a power steering pump problem, or related to a problem I'm having with grease oozing from one of the CV boots and getting all over the wheel. What a mess.

Anyway, my General Motors Protection Plan extended warranty will be ending soon and they won't extend it past 6 years, so I have to get my transmission and other problems resolved before it does. (See my post about the transmission).

- Kenny Likier
savewave
(Praying that I'll have something good to say about McGuire Pontiac)
#202734 - 06/12/03 07:35 AM Re: Clairmont Auto Group in W.Caldwell NJ - great dealer!!!
Cliff Cherry Offline
Kenny,

I went to McGuire once (around 1994) for repair on my 89 SE and wasn't too impressed with the attitudes. Also, a co-worker bought an 00 GTP from them but said she wouldn't go back.

I would definitely recommend Clairmont over them, but maybe they are better lately :p . If you do go to McGuire please post how it went.