Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#203324 - 01/11/06 02:09 PM Re: Vacation Ideas
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
my wife and I are planning to visit Oregon in the next year or so. She is interested in the Sisters Quilt show but I need to get up to Mcminnville to the Evergreen Aviation museum, which houses the largest aircraft ever made, Howard Hughes H-1 Hercules, more widely known as the "Spruce Goose"

Badlands National park is another spot we intend to hit in order to take in Mt Rushmore, the Crazy Horse memorial and Devils Tower.
We're also intersted in checking out Las Vegas (I wanna go for the SEMA show) but there is also Lake Mead, Hoover Dam and close enough to the south rim of the Grand Canyon (which I think everyone oughta see before their time is up) Grand Canyon is the one sight they say will never disappoint...no amount of pictures can ever do it justice.
The Carolina beaches are awesome. Myrtle Beach is beautiful in the spring and fall but crowded as all heck in the summer...the Outer Banks in NC is like the beach that went on forever, and dont miss the Wright Bros Memorial park while in Kitty Hawk.
Washington DC is great if you dig the museum thing (you can check out the various Smithsonians until you drop in your tracks) but there are a huge amount of things to see...your 7yr old would probably love the National Zoo...just be prepared for tough traffic and parking (big hint...leave your car in the hotel parking deck and take the tour tram)

I'm really looking forward to Chicago in a couple months (1st week of April)
hope you guys pick a good one!

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#203325 - 01/11/06 02:18 PM Re: Vacation Ideas
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Tbat,

The Badlands sounds awesome. I'd like to visit.

The Grand Canyon was awesome. I loved it.

I'm going to Vegas in early Feb. cheers

Chicago is the best. You'll have a blast.
#203326 - 01/11/06 02:52 PM Re: Vacation Ideas
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
You're not alive until you pass trough an express kidnap in Mexico City, so if you like xtrem sports come to visit... laugh

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
----------------------------------
#203327 - 01/11/06 04:16 PM Re: Vacation Ideas
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
Cleveland!... rock and roll hall of fame.
just kidding. not a whole lot around here.

Chicago was really cool when I went for Formula D drifting & auto show (with exception to being a bit too ricey, it was pretty cool). The Sears Tower is quite neat as well. I'm not really sure what else there is to do in the city. We camped at Indiana Sand Dunes State Park, about 35 minutes from downtown.

Forgot to mention Mt. Rushmore and Grand Canyon, too. Note: Unless you're going down into the canyon for hikes and stuff, don't plan more than two days there. Theres nothing to do except say "oooo neat" from the rim of the canyon.
#203328 - 01/11/06 11:38 PM Re: Vacation Ideas
Dementeddj Offline
Loc: Kansas (Redneck Country)
Alaska!!!

Beautiful place, and the only down side is the drivers in anchorage got their DLs out of a cracker jack box they are some of the worst drivers I have ever seen. side note, you can drive down a street in the middle of Anchorage, and literally be close enough to wild moose that you can almost reach out and touch one!! pretty cool
98 GTP GMPP handling kit, HomemadeFWI, MSD coils, Taylor wires, 180 drilled tstat, TR6IX plugs, Intense STD PCM, JimmyC DP, Thrasher shift kit (mild setting), AGX/Intrigue spring setup, drilled/slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads. Hopefully more to come
#203329 - 01/12/06 04:56 PM Re: Vacation Ideas
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
I've been to Anchorage many times and have yet to see a live moose!

Alaska is a nice place to go. If your go to Anchorage may I suggest staying at the Hotel Captain Cook, have a halibut sandwich at Humpy's and a brew at Glacier Brewhouse it's down the street from the hotel.
#203330 - 01/16/06 07:14 PM Re: Vacation Ideas
Dementeddj Offline
Loc: Kansas (Redneck Country)
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
I've been to Anchorage many times and have yet to see a live moose!

Alaska is a nice place to go. If your go to Anchorage may I suggest staying at the Hotel Captain Cook, have a halibut sandwich at Humpy's and a brew at Glacier Brewhouse it's down the street from the hotel.
hey don't forget to go to the fantasies on 5th for a drink and tell me how it is...wait, you can't go there, I forgot it's an "adult establishment" but seriously, Humpy's and the Glacier Brewhouse are excellent choices, also the Chair 5 Restaurant at Alyeska Resort they have great food and an awesome view! and don't forget to check out Hatcher Pass and Independence Mine there where you can pan for gold!!(If you decide to go to AK)
98 GTP GMPP handling kit, HomemadeFWI, MSD coils, Taylor wires, 180 drilled tstat, TR6IX plugs, Intense STD PCM, JimmyC DP, Thrasher shift kit (mild setting), AGX/Intrigue spring setup, drilled/slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads. Hopefully more to come
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2