Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#203370 - 11/08/06 04:05 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
superGTP98 Offline
Loc: Wisconsin
One time me and my friend were in his truck and he was driving. We were out in the country maxing out his F-150 (4.6l) at 104mph. A cop was sitting there and radared us at that speed. The cop said that was the fastest he ever radared anybody (its small town Wisconsin). My friend lost his license but got an occupational.

18" Eagle Alloys, Slotted + Drilled Rotors, and Eibach springs.
#203371 - 11/08/06 05:13 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
D Offline
Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Baas140:
hey 1997grandprixgtpsaginawmi
im goin to school to be a cop, and your stereotype of cops is nothing but shit... most cops today have a 4 year degree from a university, which is what im getting... the police are out there to protect and serve, not drive around looking to dick with people... obviously there are the power hungry dickheads who have nothing better to do, but thats a select few... think about this world without police to enforce laws... itd be an absolute shithole... its to bad that police, who are trying to protect the community, get negative crap thrown at them from people like you...
Bro I respect you for going to be a cop, I was think about it myself, but the unit I want to get into I can't get there untill 5 years on the force and I can't stand teh starting pay for the NYPD, how well do they pay the cops in MI.

1997 Grand Prix GT: ZZP SS M90 Kit--P&P Blower and LIM--3.8" Modular pulley--36# injectors--ZZP Wizair CAI--8.5mm MSD Wires--Autolite 103s@ .052--180* drilled T-stat--Tune Time Performance Tune--ZZP 2.5" D/P w/o Cat--ZZP Stage 1 HV TB--ZZP Power Log & Rear PEM--ZZP Poly Motor & Tranny Mounts--Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow Mufflers--Auto Meter Z Series Boost & Oil Pressure Gauges--Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge

New York Metro Club Grand Prix
www.nymcgp.com
#203372 - 11/08/06 07:02 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
Baas140 Offline
Loc: Grand Rapids Michigan
it depends on what department you go to... if you go state police, your starting rate is going to be the highest, usually 40-45... good luck gettin in though due to budget cuts... they havent had a hiring in 4 years... if you do county its around 35-40 grand... it just depends on where you go... if the cost of living is higher, the more you start out at... its definately a job you dont do for the money
#203373 - 11/08/06 11:13 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
D Offline
Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Yea tell me about it starting it 25k, but after 6 months it goes to 35k. If you want o go any higher you will need to kiss some ass and move int he ranks. My uncle now is a Srgt. and is getting moved up to Lt. and he will be gettin paid 105K and when he retires e will get at least 60K a year. So in the log run its not a bad job.

1997 Grand Prix GT: ZZP SS M90 Kit--P&P Blower and LIM--3.8" Modular pulley--36# injectors--ZZP Wizair CAI--8.5mm MSD Wires--Autolite 103s@ .052--180* drilled T-stat--Tune Time Performance Tune--ZZP 2.5" D/P w/o Cat--ZZP Stage 1 HV TB--ZZP Power Log & Rear PEM--ZZP Poly Motor & Tranny Mounts--Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow Mufflers--Auto Meter Z Series Boost & Oil Pressure Gauges--Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge

New York Metro Club Grand Prix
www.nymcgp.com
#203374 - 11/09/06 03:43 AM Re: Speeding Tickets
brown Offline
Loc: Belleville, MI
$105k? Thats very impressive. NYC must have some big money.
#203375 - 11/09/06 05:07 AM Re: Speeding Tickets
1997grandprixgtpsaginawmi Offline
Loc: Saginaw MI
I guess I got to clear some stuff up for what I said. First of all, I dont have stuff against all cops. Actually for some reason the state police are really nice. All the ones ive talked to. THe ones in saginaw michigan are real pricks mainly becuase of the crime rate. I guess they figure that everyone in the city is a shitead. I dont really know. Take this for instance, my best friend gets a ticket at 3 in the morning for not stopping long enough at a blinking red, he stopped but not long enough with no cars around. yay 3 points. The odd thing is go to bay city and ive never had any trouble. It has all to do with where your at.I respect cops a lot actually just some of them I really hate, mainly a city cop just cruizing around lookin for things lol. So dont take me as someone who hates cops I just see a lot of people breaking laws I see about 50 people a day and im not kidding who dont use their blinker, switch lanes in intersection, I can go on forever dudes lol
#203376 - 11/09/06 12:08 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
BLEWGTP Offline
Loc: Philadelphia, PA
some cops are cool, and some suck...ok, back to the ticket stories...i had just turned 16 and gotten my permit. i bought my 97 grand prix gt a few months earlier, and had finally gotten it running correctly.my parents went up the mountains for a weekend, so i figured what the hell, lets take a drive. now my gt wasnt the least bit legal, jersey plates, expired jersey inspection,bald tires, etc,etc...i had no license and no records showing the car was actually mine.but, i took it for a spin...i picked up some friends, went joy riding for a while, and drag raced numerous people all night, including my friends minivan down route 1..we sped past a cop around 105-110, and he didnt even flick the lights...i got home around 3 am and realized what i had just done.8 hours,528 miles,and LOTS of burned gas...i still havent had a better night than that.theres somethin about that thrill of getting caught.but all in all, i loved it.i still regret selling that for my GTP, but i love the speed difference...ok, thats all i got.
#203377 - 11/09/06 12:17 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
20gtp02 Offline
Knock on wood, no more tickets, but I maxed the gp out 124 and the vette 130 (quite scarey in the 89').

#203378 - 11/09/06 03:11 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
brown Offline
I've developed a trend of getting tickets every 2 years. Just as the old points go off my record, the new ones take their place.
#203379 - 11/09/06 06:57 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
Lars819 Offline
Loc: Route 66 Speedway
3 Years ago when i own my 1998 camaro z28 i was coming home from helping my ex-girlfriend move into college. It was kinda late at night around 9 pm and i was going towards chicago on I-80. This little dinky Sunfire flies passed me and thats when i gunned it. Flew under the bridge and saw a cop and just started swearing. He pulled me over and said i was doing 135 and i just sais wow didnt know i was doing that speed. Had to go to court of course had some dumb court lawyer who had to figure out how much over i was going with his fingers. Told me i should plead guilty and i just looked at him and said, "Look at me, I'm 18 driving a Z28 of course theres no way of saying im not guilty." Had to pay 300 and no driving school. What a day and night but hey i was doing 135 so i guess it was all worth it.
#203380 - 11/11/06 01:44 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
I guess I'm just a lucky kid. Been driving just over 2 yrs and I've only been pulled over once, I was in my friend's car, and it was because a headlight was out. But I speed fairly often in the GP, just around 10-15 mph over, and I've also street raced a number of times. I have really good eyes for spotting cops & I'm just lucky though, that's really it.

'97 SE with alot of mods
#203381 - 11/11/06 04:35 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
brown Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by drummerboy1307:
I have really good eyes for spotting cops & I'm just lucky though, that's really it.
I have a good eye for cops too, but the funny thing is. If you can see the cop, they can see you and so can their nifty little radar/lazer speed gun.
#203382 - 11/12/06 04:17 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
pedal down Offline
Loc: Niagara Falls, NY
NY state troopers make good money, after im done with my BA thats where im headed. starts at about 70K a year, after training 40k during training. i was recently in NYC and inquired about a police job, 25k is just during training, goes up after that but not as much as it should for being such an expensive city.

Homemade K&N FWI, Ported Mani's, 3" RT DP soon: PCM, HV TB, HV3
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3