Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#203340 - 11/05/06 12:45 AM Speeding Tickets
brown Offline
Loc: Belleville, MI
I'm sure that we've all been pulled over before, I know I have. Does anyone have any funny stories to go along with their battle with their lead foot?

When I was 17 I was on my way to school. I was stoped at a light and saw my buddy go through the intersection, so I thought I would catch up with him when the light turned. When the light turned I sped off in my monte carlo, I was doing 75 in a 55. The road I was on is straight for about 2 1/2 miles and then has a gentle curve to it. At the curve there just happened to be a cop sitting just out of sight when you entered the curve. I was doing 75 and immediately hit the brakes and got down to 55. I was hoping the cop wouldnt pull me over cuz I slowed down so quickly, but sure enough he pulled me over. While I was sitting on the side of the road waiting for the officer to finish writing the ticket I saw many of my friends drive by honking their horns. Then in my mirror I saw a very familar car coming along. Who was it, you might ask? It was my mom. Needless to say when I got home from school my dad was already home with a speech prepared. The bright side was I never had to actually tell them I got a ticket.
#203341 - 11/05/06 04:06 AM Re: Speeding Tickets
D Offline
Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Ouch it sucks to get caught by the mom. My mom saw me get pulled over before. (for a cell phone) She walked up to the car and told the cop that I was her son and the cop handed me back my lience and said "here good luck"

Heres a good one.

Since I live in the city, there are alot of lights. So one night comming home from my G/F house, it was like 4:30am and I was sitting at a light waiting for it to turn green when a Honda civic pulled up next to me and strated revin its engine. So I started laughin think yes lets smoke'em. All this time I was looking a the drive and he looked about 16ys old and the passenger I couldnt see becasue of the tintied windows. so the light turns green and there I go flying past this guy I hit About 70 between two city block and out the corner of my eye what do I see, but the Honda Civic I was racing puts lights on, it was a undercover cop looking for street racers. As I was gettin my shit ready to give to them, Licence, Registration and my PBA cards b/c my uncle is a Srgt, I hear laughin comeing from outside my window as the tow cops were walkin up to my car. I look out the window and it is my uncle laughin his ass off. I stuck my head out the window looked at my uncle and is partner and said wow they give bandges too 10yr olds, they must be those plastic ones. "Jr. Cop" thumbsup

1997 Grand Prix GT: ZZP SS M90 Kit--P&P Blower and LIM--3.8" Modular pulley--36# injectors--ZZP Wizair CAI--8.5mm MSD Wires--Autolite 103s@ .052--180* drilled T-stat--Tune Time Performance Tune--ZZP 2.5" D/P w/o Cat--ZZP Stage 1 HV TB--ZZP Power Log & Rear PEM--ZZP Poly Motor & Tranny Mounts--Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow Mufflers--Auto Meter Z Series Boost & Oil Pressure Gauges--Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge

New York Metro Club Grand Prix
www.nymcgp.com
#203342 - 11/05/06 09:46 AM Re: Speeding Tickets
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
I rode motorcycles in my younger years. I never had a problem with a lead foot. My problem was that I had a twitch in my right wrist.

It's a bit difficult for me to pick just one, but I guees the one that comes to mind is the one where I had my first run in with a pair of motorcycle cops.
I was headed out to a local city park that everyone flocke to on the weekends. The road into the park was a very twisty road with one long straight portion. Speed limit is 30 MPH. Needless to say, when ever we'd get caught behind a car the long straight portion was a favorite passing spot. The long portion was wooded on both sides and as I began to pass the car I was stuck behind, I pulled into the opposing lane and twisted my wrist to fly passed the car. Just as I got to the cars front fender I hear "WHOLY..."
I looked in my mirrors and I see them jumping on their bikes. I cleared the car and pulled over to the right to wait for the two officers. The first one (the one who always wrote me the tickets) always seemed to have a bit of an attitude with me and the other officer always seemed to be a bit on the comedic side. The second officer walks up to me with a smile on his face calling "Damn Kenny Roberts", and that's how he would always address me. The first one walks up to me with an attitude like no other. They asked me how fast I was going and I told them I didn't know because I was watching the road. They wrote me up for doing 55 in a 35. They came to the speed of 55 because that's how fast the car was going that I was passing.
It was my first of many run ins with these two officers. The second officer, that always called me Kenny Roberts never wrote me a ticket, it was always his partner, the one with the attitude.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#203343 - 11/05/06 11:44 AM Re: Speeding Tickets
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
I've never gotten nailed for speeding. laugh I should have.

I must get lucky and get noticed by the lazy cops. I've had lights flashed at me about a dozen times from where they're sitting, but they never move. I've already had one do it to the GTP.

The one time I thought I had been busted, was at night on a three lane part of I-35. I didn't know the headlights behind me was a state trooper .. Now, there weren't any cars remotely close to use, and the red and blue came on so I started pulling over since I was in the fast lane ..

And he kept going past me before shutting off his lights and returning to a cruise speed.

.... What? He had two lanes to use to get around me if he needed to, and even then it appears he didn't need to. I had a friend with me at the time who had a hard time figuring it out too.

I think he let me off the hook without wasting alot of time. lol
#203344 - 11/05/06 12:35 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
2fast4u Offline
Loc: Livonia, MI
well i knwo its not a speeding ticket..but it was damn close

right after i blew the engine in my prix, we had this thing at my scholl called "night on the field" which is a thing they do before homecoming where u watch a movie on teh football field and hang with your friends...well anyway i was driving the familys 2004 fullsize chevy express starcraft conversion van.

well anyway when we ( me and 2 of my friends) were leaving...i say a big open spot in teh parking lot DONUT TIME!!! well after about 6 or 7 donuts and a big cloud of smoke i decide its time to leave, so i start to leave and teh interor of the van turns blue eek well teh officer pulls up adn gives me a speech adn takes my DL, during this time teh scholl cop pulls up and tells me he wants to see me the next day in school ( in scared to death, im think suspension) well anyway the cop that pulled me over gives me a warning adn i leave.
so the next day i find teh school cop adn he says he just wanted me to be worried and to drive safe so i said..well i dident knwo what to say...i said thanked you shook his hand and left....havnet done donuts since.

Mods: 11.87@115 strictly stock
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/98-GTP-burnout_207724.htm
#203345 - 11/06/06 12:12 AM Re: Speeding Tickets
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
Never had a ticket, never had a warning, never been stopped by a officer at all. Not that I don't speed, I'm just cautious and try to stick around 10mph over or less... I've been radared at those speeds and haven't blinked. Leave faster speeds to those who want caught.
#203346 - 11/06/06 02:29 AM Re: Speeding Tickets
brown Offline
You're just not having fun on the road if you've never gotten a ticket. Sure speeding isnt safe and all that jazz, but everyone (especially when they were young) drove with some spirit and threw caution to the wind.
#203347 - 11/06/06 01:31 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
some time ago I was on a highway speeding around 110 mph, then in front of me a Grand Marquis going slower, then i started to use my high lights, you know trying to make this guy to wake up, i was real close to his butt, i could have pass him by the right, there was a dark night on a lonely track of the highway, but no, i was really mad cause the guy was clearly playing with me and my hurry!!

S..t the car suddenly light up his crest, it was a highway patrol...i was so focused on the car that i never realize what it was...

Well, after a short talk i gave him just 100 pesos, around 10 dollars.

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
#203348 - 11/06/06 02:13 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
Never had a ticket, never had a warning, never been stopped by a officer at all. Not that I don't speed, I'm just cautious and try to stick around 10mph over or less... I've been radared at those speeds and haven't blinked. Leave faster speeds to those who want caught.
Same here. I always make sure there is one car just a LITTLE bit faster than me on the road. cheers
#203349 - 11/06/06 03:33 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
Geoff Offline
Loc: michigan
im not talkin crap or trying to brag. but i guarantee i can beat anyone on this site in pull overs and tickets and im 19 years old. and to top that off i can prove it all, i have almost all my tickets (saved them to show my kids someday lol) and i have had friends in the car with me everytime except for 3 or 4 pull overs. no joke in my 3 year driving career i have been pulled over 40 times. that includes 4 drag racing tickets, 1 wreckless, 1 careless, countless speeding tickets, defective tire tickets, countless seatbelt tickets, countless unsafe start. i think i remember them all, and out of them all i have 0 points right now thanks for uncle who is a lawyer. and out of all those all i got was 1 careless driving, 1 window tint, 1 unsafe start and i think thats it. and now my license is clear.

lol any questions contact me!!! lol no joke i swear
#203350 - 11/06/06 03:49 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
brown Offline
I hate you geoff. no points and been pulled over 40 times?! You sound like my friend that constantly speeds in his Mach 1. He's been pulled over a dozen or so times and never gotten a ticket. I've been pulled over 2 times, always got a ticket and got 2 points each time.
#203351 - 11/06/06 04:11 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
I've had the lights flash and a finger wave like "no no"
#203352 - 11/06/06 04:59 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
jeremy Offline
Loc: Mableton, GA
Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff:
im not talkin crap or trying to brag. but i guarantee i can beat anyone on this site in pull overs and tickets and im 19 years old. and to top that off i can prove it all, i have almost all my tickets (saved them to show my kids someday lol) and i have had friends in the car with me everytime except for 3 or 4 pull overs. no joke in my 3 year driving career i have been pulled over 40 times. that includes 4 drag racing tickets, 1 wreckless, 1 careless, countless speeding tickets, defective tire tickets, countless seatbelt tickets, countless unsafe start. i think i remember them all, and out of them all i have 0 points right now thanks for uncle who is a lawyer. and out of all those all i got was 1 careless driving, 1 window tint, 1 unsafe start and i think thats it. and now my license is clear.

please dont come to waco the drivers here are bad enough. wink

#203353 - 11/06/06 06:01 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
Quote:

Are you sure your are driving down the sidewalk and to the front?? thumbsup

My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
#203354 - 11/06/06 06:33 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
1997grandprixgtpsaginawmi Offline
Loc: Saginaw MI
ahh the two times ive been pulled over were the heap aka truck and well itwas a pos. lol I was chasing my bro home at 2 am in the ghetto. He got through the light and I didnt. It was red for about 2 seconds and I just went through anyway the hell with it I said im gonna catch him. To my surprize the one car around the corner and I mean only car is a cop. What a joke 3 points. lol the other time even more ridiculous. I turned onto the road by my house aand I sweaked the tires just a bit and they were bald and they did this because of this. I am right out side my damn house for gods sakes. THe guy comes up licence please. I was like sir those documents just came in the mail today and they are in the house which im right outside of right now. SO hes giving me this big story of this and that, not giving him an attitude>. IM like dude its right there in the fricken house. He was like I should bust you right now, for wreckless driving buddy, your going way too fast for the road conditions ahhaha. Oh wow wet roads in december scary. this guy was a big faggot I tell you what lol. ahhah yeah he let me off after his 20 minute talk. I may have only 3 points, and been ;pulled over twice but I tel lyou what I realy hate cops. THey are thick headed, pigs, who think they are the masters of the road. They aint nobody they got 2 year degrees, get crap for pay, and a lousy life. Thats why im gettin a pig detector soon.
THE END.
#203355 - 11/06/06 07:50 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
20gtp02 Offline
Thank god Geoff is in Michigan and I am in Florida. But I convinced my parents (well really my mom) because my dad had two rays back in the day that he always talked about. Well I got him to purchase me an 89 corvette during my senior year of high school. I sold a wrangler (toooo slow) to get this vette. One night I picked up a friend in the vette and drove to a baseball game. I was making a left on a two lane divided road US 1 and it was at night and a long straight away for a few miles. I turned the corner and stomped on it. I passed one car and let off about 110 (in a 45). I did not check for cops nor did I see any. About three miles down the road I was doing about 60 and behind a car I just about swerved and took off again but I looked in the mirror and on my ass was a cop with lights on. I was like @$%#. First thing he says is "I can take you to jail for going that fast!" However, he never told me my speed and I believe he never even radared me he just saw me flying and caught up to me. I would of left him if he wasn't inches from my ass. He gave me a ticket for "Not obeying the traffic control device. $78.00." I got off nicely. My parents found out but never knew how fast I actually was going.

#203356 - 11/06/06 08:23 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
Geoff Offline
thats a nice vette!
#203357 - 11/06/06 08:30 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
Geoff Offline
lol i need to clarify a bit, i think you guys got the wrong idea. i have gotten about 10 tickets in the 40 some pull overs. ive just been very lucky and had the cop not show up to court or a connection to get out of it. i had 3 points for a careless but they went off after 2 years just a few months ago, but other than that i've never recieved any other points.

and i just wanna say i dont care what anyone says, if you get a ticket for anything take it to court! you have nothing to loose and people would be suprised how often cops dont show up to court. and if your just nice to them in court they will wipe the points or lower the ticket.
#203358 - 11/06/06 09:04 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Some states are going with if the cop wrote the ticket the cop doesn't have to show. Basically the ticket is all the witness needed.

A couple of years ago a buddy of mine was pulled over for doing triple digits in a 65. The LEO wrote a court date on the ticket for about a month later.

Buddy went to court and sat through about ten hearings for similar acts and all had the book thrown at them. At the end of the day the judge asked if anyone there was to appear and hadn't yet. My buddy was the only one whe wasn't seen yet and just at that time the ADA through the case out because the LEO failed to file the ticket until the morning of the hearing. So he got off scott free.
#203359 - 11/06/06 10:03 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
brown Offline
I'm not sure if its state wide in michigan, but quite often all hearings for traffic violations are held on one day for that cop. That way he doesnt have to make several trips a week. The days of the cop not showing up are becoming fewer. They may let you off with just paying more so you dont get the points, but tickets are just a source of revenue for the state and cities. They really dont care about points. If you're willing to pay more, they're happy to charge more.

oh, saginaw...you're a complete idiot "cops arent anybody, they have a 2 year degree and get crap pay and a lousy life" Cops do more than just pull people over, and they're not employed to soley harass idiot drivers like yourself. Their job isnt the most glamorous but their job is an important one. Cops may not have to get a masters degree in order to get a badge, but they know the law and they have to put up with people like you on a daily basis, and for that alone they diserve much more than what they're paid.
#203360 - 11/06/06 10:24 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
20gtp02 Offline
True, my best buddy is a cop, and when I rode along with him a few times, I could not believe how rediculous people drive and the stupid things they do when you actually look for it. You don't even have to look, they do it right in front of you.

#203361 - 11/06/06 10:33 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
I still had my temp tags on and I was doing 85 in a 45 and cop was sitting in the middle of the parkway which at night there no light except lights you see with other cars passing you. So couple miles away I see a reflective thing beaming off my headlights and it sure was the cops and I slam on my brakes but it was to late but and I was pulled over. He only gave me a ticket for speeding 19mph over the limit and he gave my a break because 20mph over any speed limit is reckless driving. So the next day I told my friends and they said the cop gave me a break because I have a sticker on my car that says fraternal police member.(lol)
#203362 - 11/06/06 10:35 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
20gtp02 Offline
Fraternal Police member???

#203363 - 11/07/06 10:38 AM Re: Speeding Tickets
Geoff Offline
if they dont show up in court, you dont get the ticket. although they have i think it's 10 days to come back on you but they never do. i was paranoid about that happening one time before but it rarely happens.

as far as cops go, i know all kinds of cops. there's a way to do things and a way not too. if there an honest good cop then i have no problem. cops tend to think there above the law and forget that good people make mistakes and shouldnt be treated like criminals.
#203364 - 11/07/06 03:08 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
brown Offline
Quote:
cops tend to think there above the law and forget that good people make mistakes and shouldnt be treated like criminals.
you do realize cops are normal people everyday people right? The ones with the attitude of being better than people, are probably just fed up with dumb people.
#203365 - 11/07/06 06:06 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
Geoff Offline
yeah brown i agree with what you said 100% but they need to decide if your one of "the dumb people" before they treat you like one.
#203366 - 11/08/06 09:25 AM Re: Speeding Tickets
D Offline
You guys need to come to NY and get a speeding ticket. There are only two days you can go to court for a speeding ticket. Wed and thurs, if you get a ticket then 5 month later you ahvet o show up. and you bet your ass that the cop is going to be there b/c they come together and for the highway 2 cops in NY if they don't show up in court there days pay gets taken away. and they get yeild at by there CO. And these NY cops think there above the law and in most cases they are. B/c even if they mess up on the ticket and put something down wrong like you plate # car type as long as they say yes that was the guy buy looking at your face the judge will give you a fine and points. My firned got caught doing a 85 in a 50 the judge gave him a $700 fine and 8 points on his linece. they have no mercy...

1997 Grand Prix GT: ZZP SS M90 Kit--P&P Blower and LIM--3.8" Modular pulley--36# injectors--ZZP Wizair CAI--8.5mm MSD Wires--Autolite 103s@ .052--180* drilled T-stat--Tune Time Performance Tune--ZZP 2.5" D/P w/o Cat--ZZP Stage 1 HV TB--ZZP Power Log & Rear PEM--ZZP Poly Motor & Tranny Mounts--Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow Mufflers--Auto Meter Z Series Boost & Oil Pressure Gauges--Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge

www.nymcgp.com
#203367 - 11/08/06 11:39 AM Re: Speeding Tickets
Geoff Offline
thats insane, im pretty sure the cops lose their pay here too if they dont show up for court.
#203368 - 11/08/06 02:33 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
Baas140 Offline
Loc: Grand Rapids Michigan
hey 1997grandprixgtpsaginawmi
im goin to school to be a cop, and your stereotype of cops is nothing but shit... most cops today have a 4 year degree from a university, which is what im getting... the police are out there to protect and serve, not drive around looking to dick with people... obviously there are the power hungry dickheads who have nothing better to do, but thats a select few... think about this world without police to enforce laws... itd be an absolute shithole... its to bad that police, who are trying to protect the community, get negative crap thrown at them from people like you...
#203369 - 11/08/06 03:48 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
brown Offline
ok...enought backlash for what 1997saginaw says. We can all just ignore it from now on. Anyone else have any speeding ticket stories?
#203370 - 11/08/06 04:05 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
superGTP98 Offline
Loc: Wisconsin
One time me and my friend were in his truck and he was driving. We were out in the country maxing out his F-150 (4.6l) at 104mph. A cop was sitting there and radared us at that speed. The cop said that was the fastest he ever radared anybody (its small town Wisconsin). My friend lost his license but got an occupational.

18" Eagle Alloys, Slotted + Drilled Rotors, and Eibach springs.
#203371 - 11/08/06 05:13 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
D Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Baas140:
hey 1997grandprixgtpsaginawmi
im goin to school to be a cop, and your stereotype of cops is nothing but shit... most cops today have a 4 year degree from a university, which is what im getting... the police are out there to protect and serve, not drive around looking to dick with people... obviously there are the power hungry dickheads who have nothing better to do, but thats a select few... think about this world without police to enforce laws... itd be an absolute shithole... its to bad that police, who are trying to protect the community, get negative crap thrown at them from people like you...
Bro I respect you for going to be a cop, I was think about it myself, but the unit I want to get into I can't get there untill 5 years on the force and I can't stand teh starting pay for the NYPD, how well do they pay the cops in MI.

www.nymcgp.com
#203372 - 11/08/06 07:02 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
Baas140 Offline
Loc: Grand Rapids Michigan
it depends on what department you go to... if you go state police, your starting rate is going to be the highest, usually 40-45... good luck gettin in though due to budget cuts... they havent had a hiring in 4 years... if you do county its around 35-40 grand... it just depends on where you go... if the cost of living is higher, the more you start out at... its definately a job you dont do for the money
#203373 - 11/08/06 11:13 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
D Offline
Yea tell me about it starting it 25k, but after 6 months it goes to 35k. If you want o go any higher you will need to kiss some ass and move int he ranks. My uncle now is a Srgt. and is getting moved up to Lt. and he will be gettin paid 105K and when he retires e will get at least 60K a year. So in the log run its not a bad job.

www.nymcgp.com
#203374 - 11/09/06 03:43 AM Re: Speeding Tickets
brown Offline
$105k? Thats very impressive. NYC must have some big money.
#203375 - 11/09/06 05:07 AM Re: Speeding Tickets
1997grandprixgtpsaginawmi Offline
Loc: Saginaw MI
I guess I got to clear some stuff up for what I said. First of all, I dont have stuff against all cops. Actually for some reason the state police are really nice. All the ones ive talked to. THe ones in saginaw michigan are real pricks mainly becuase of the crime rate. I guess they figure that everyone in the city is a shitead. I dont really know. Take this for instance, my best friend gets a ticket at 3 in the morning for not stopping long enough at a blinking red, he stopped but not long enough with no cars around. yay 3 points. The odd thing is go to bay city and ive never had any trouble. It has all to do with where your at.I respect cops a lot actually just some of them I really hate, mainly a city cop just cruizing around lookin for things lol. So dont take me as someone who hates cops I just see a lot of people breaking laws I see about 50 people a day and im not kidding who dont use their blinker, switch lanes in intersection, I can go on forever dudes lol
#203376 - 11/09/06 12:08 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
BLEWGTP Offline
Loc: Philadelphia, PA
some cops are cool, and some suck...ok, back to the ticket stories...i had just turned 16 and gotten my permit. i bought my 97 grand prix gt a few months earlier, and had finally gotten it running correctly.my parents went up the mountains for a weekend, so i figured what the hell, lets take a drive. now my gt wasnt the least bit legal, jersey plates, expired jersey inspection,bald tires, etc,etc...i had no license and no records showing the car was actually mine.but, i took it for a spin...i picked up some friends, went joy riding for a while, and drag raced numerous people all night, including my friends minivan down route 1..we sped past a cop around 105-110, and he didnt even flick the lights...i got home around 3 am and realized what i had just done.8 hours,528 miles,and LOTS of burned gas...i still havent had a better night than that.theres somethin about that thrill of getting caught.but all in all, i loved it.i still regret selling that for my GTP, but i love the speed difference...ok, thats all i got.
#203377 - 11/09/06 12:17 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
20gtp02 Offline
Knock on wood, no more tickets, but I maxed the gp out 124 and the vette 130 (quite scarey in the 89').

#203378 - 11/09/06 03:11 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
brown Offline
I've developed a trend of getting tickets every 2 years. Just as the old points go off my record, the new ones take their place.
#203379 - 11/09/06 06:57 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
Lars819 Offline
Loc: Route 66 Speedway
3 Years ago when i own my 1998 camaro z28 i was coming home from helping my ex-girlfriend move into college. It was kinda late at night around 9 pm and i was going towards chicago on I-80. This little dinky Sunfire flies passed me and thats when i gunned it. Flew under the bridge and saw a cop and just started swearing. He pulled me over and said i was doing 135 and i just sais wow didnt know i was doing that speed. Had to go to court of course had some dumb court lawyer who had to figure out how much over i was going with his fingers. Told me i should plead guilty and i just looked at him and said, "Look at me, I'm 18 driving a Z28 of course theres no way of saying im not guilty." Had to pay 300 and no driving school. What a day and night but hey i was doing 135 so i guess it was all worth it.
#203380 - 11/11/06 01:44 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
I guess I'm just a lucky kid. Been driving just over 2 yrs and I've only been pulled over once, I was in my friend's car, and it was because a headlight was out. But I speed fairly often in the GP, just around 10-15 mph over, and I've also street raced a number of times. I have really good eyes for spotting cops & I'm just lucky though, that's really it.

'97 SE with alot of mods
#203381 - 11/11/06 04:35 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
brown Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by drummerboy1307:
I have really good eyes for spotting cops & I'm just lucky though, that's really it.
I have a good eye for cops too, but the funny thing is. If you can see the cop, they can see you and so can their nifty little radar/lazer speed gun.
#203382 - 11/12/06 04:17 PM Re: Speeding Tickets
pedal down Offline
Loc: Niagara Falls, NY
NY state troopers make good money, after im done with my BA thats where im headed. starts at about 70K a year, after training 40k during training. i was recently in NYC and inquired about a police job, 25k is just during training, goes up after that but not as much as it should for being such an expensive city.

Homemade K&N FWI, Ported Mani's, 3" RT DP soon: PCM, HV TB, HV3
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >