Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#203613 - 12/29/04 01:43 PM what a machine!
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
well after my little debacle getting my new gatorback serp belt on (and an oil and tranny fluid change)plus the new tires I was finally ready for our trip to New York City...MAN I LOVE THIS CAR!...we buzzed up sunday night to visit my stepdaughter for a couple days and take her to the airport for her trip to England (she gotta boyfriend there...aint love grand)...three people, three full size suitcases and two carry bags...try that with a Firebird!...not to mention cruising the highway at 75-80mph, plenty of passing power on tap and this monster is still knocking down 28-30mpg!...I don't know how it gets such good mileage running those speeds...and the exhaust note at cruise is just too sweet, I hardly listened to the radio the whole way home...traffic was moderate and took a good brisk flow for most of the trip except for sunday night on the way up...I had been motoring at a great pace til we hit the delaware memorial bridge, then the snow caught us and that was the most painfully slow run up the jersey turnpike I've ever taken...thankfully by our return trip both the weather and the roads were clear on tuesday night...the traffic had a hot shoe on and the T-Bat rollin...we left newark airport at 9pm and I crossed the Delaware Memorial bridge at 1035...I always find it amusing that I can basically hang in the hammer lane, (cuz most folks on the NJT are very good about clearing the lane for faster traffic)...and these fools in these SUVs (that think they are sports cars) are diving back and forth across three lanes busting their azz to keep up...someday these turkeys are gonna realize that those trucks arent made for that kinda use...the automakers tout how safe they are but it looks to me like a lot of folk are gonna kill themselves and innocent others by driving these tanks like stock cars...all in all though we had a great trip...and did I mention, MAN I LOVE THIS CAR!

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#203614 - 12/29/04 03:12 PM Re: what a machine!
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
and did I mention, MAN I LOVE THIS CAR!
Aahh... I don't think you did. devilsmile
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#203615 - 12/29/04 08:31 PM Re: what a machine!
zachd Offline
Loc: Evansville, IN
I dont see how anyone can like these cars......................................................................................JUST PLAYING@!
#203616 - 12/29/04 11:56 PM Re: what a machine!
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
no shortage of wiseazz around this place (aint that cool?!)

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com