Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#203746 - 12/07/04 11:42 AM Pearl Harbour
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Lets take a second to honor those brave souls who were caught off guard today in 1941.
#203747 - 12/07/04 12:41 PM Re: Pearl Harbour
Jizz Offline
Loc: Central Maryland
#203748 - 12/07/04 01:25 PM Re: Pearl Harbour
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#203749 - 12/07/04 03:47 PM Re: Pearl Harbour
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
stand and give a silent and solemn salute to ole glory for all the men and women who paid the ultimate price on that day...for if the shock and horror was anything like 9/11 then it must have been nightmarish indeed. The price of the freedom we enjoy in this country has been paid in our dearest blood. My wife actually photographed the twin towers falling and I know both her and her daughter are forever wounded because of it. I went with her a few days later to ground zero where we stood and wept openly with many others. The sight before your eyes where something so majestic and beautiful had once stood was dumbfounding. I remember going with her to the observation deck one sunny clear day and it was like standing on top of the world. The view bordered on miracilous. One of her closest friends was a firefighter who was lost there with almost all of his unit. She attended his funeral where they buried an empty coffin because none of their remains were ever discovered.
I can only try to imagine how the people in Hawaii must have felt. Living in a place that seemed a remote paradise only to wake in the morning to the sound of dive bombers. To watch in morbid horror as your world was blasted and burned to rubble...and like the NYC police and fire units, the brave souls who ran into the jaws of death to save all they could and fight an enemy on our soil. Their mortal lives may have ended that day but their heart, spirit and valor shall never pass from this earth. God Bless them all.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#203750 - 12/07/04 03:53 PM Re: Pearl Harbour
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Amen.
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#203751 - 12/07/04 05:20 PM Re: Pearl Harbour
DoberManJT Offline
Loc: North Carolina - Raleigh/Cary
Amen to that sentiment T-bat.

04 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, LPE intake system, headers, dyno tune from "RPM"

http://photobucket.com/albums/v221/Dobermanjt/GrandPrix/
#203752 - 12/07/04 05:35 PM Re: Pearl Harbour
zachd Offline
Loc: Evansville, IN
usa cheers
#203753 - 12/07/04 06:12 PM Re: Pearl Harbour
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
Receive my solidarity as a human being, cause in this events not only North American people got damaged. Trust me when i say that even crossing your frontiers are people who felt desolated.
And cheers to all that give away their lives traying to save another's.

Alex cheers

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
----------------------------------