Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#204323 - 02/20/07 12:36 PM Stop the [Donkeys] Against Troops
Richard Candelario Offline
Herc, I have edited for language, and do apologize if I overlooked something. For ANYBODY that can show up, please do. Orignal version found on MySpace Bulletin Boards. This has been confirmed, they will be here tomorrow.

The radical group known as the Westboro Baptist Church is coming to El Paso on the 21st of February to protest the memorial services of the 6 recently fallen soldiers from Fort Bliss. Their intention is not a protest for peace, but rather a celebration of the death of the soldiers. This group believes that the war in Iraq is the result of America becoming corrupt with gay people. They refer to America as the "[gay] country with their [gay] army" and they claim we are all going to hell as a result.

When these idiots demonstrate at funeral services, families have to not only deal with the unparalleled grief of losing their loved one, but also a bunch of incompetent protesters shouting that their loved one is going to hell and that they are happy for it.

The memorial service for the soldiers will be....write this down....February 21, 2007 at 9:00am on the corner of Monroe and Van Buren. This is also consequently where the protesters will be picketing and shouting that the victims will be going to hell.

EVERYONE who has a conscience, and lives in the greater El Paso area needs to be there. Imagine if someone in your family died and you had to also deal with people hatefully telling you that your loved one was going to hell? There is no way a good showing against the protesters will make things better, but it will at least minimize grief for the families involved.

It’s time to take action. I wouldn’t care if I was at work or school, I WOULD be there, and you need to have the exact same attitude. Please forward this message along to all El Pasoans, because it is imperative that the word spreads quickly. It is an enigma as to why I had to find out on myspace rather than an El Paso media outlet.

Please pray for the families of: Army Sgt. 1st Class Russell P. Borea, Sgt. Ian C. Anderson, Sgt. John E. Cooper, 2nd Lt. Mark J. Daily, Cpl. Matthew T. Grimm & Spc. Nicholas P. Brown, but also do something for them. After all, they did die for your country; the least you could do is help ensure their peaceful rest by countering the Westboro Baptist Church.

I for one will not stand by and allow this to happen. I'm taking the day off of school and work and may very likely end up in jail!!!!

Pass this on to everyone you know. Don't let El Paso and our troops be another city that these [retards] insult!!!!

DVSFred (13th planet records)

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#204324 - 02/20/07 07:15 PM Re: Stop the [Donkeys] Against Troops
Baas140 Offline
Loc: Grand Rapids Michigan
there was a soldier from hudsonville, where i live, who was killed in iraq, and those guys showed up... the good news is, so did the freedom riders... they stand between the funeral and the protestors from the church... its pretty sweet... its all these guys on harleys and stuff with american flags and what not... hopefully the freedom riders will show up, which im sure they will, cause i believe they send people to every funeral...
as far as the protestors from the church, what a bunch of hypocritical pricks... when i go to church, were not taught to condem people, but to forgive them and try to help them... protesting fallen soldiers funeral, and saying that they are going to hell is the last thing God would want... what has this country come to???
#204325 - 02/20/07 07:19 PM Re: Stop the [Donkeys] Against Troops
The Fridge Offline
Loc: Green Bay Wisconsin
i will put this on fullsizechevy.com

CAI, 180deg thermostat

If Your Drinking A Coke Please PM Me The Code Eh?
#204326 - 02/20/07 07:35 PM Re: Stop the [Donkeys] Against Troops
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
Man, I can't believe that hypocricy.

However a law was passed banning protesting at military funerals, so maybe law enforcement will stop this from happening before it starts.

'97 SE with alot of mods
#204327 - 02/20/07 07:45 PM Re: Stop the [Donkeys] Against Troops
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Iirc they have to stay 300' from the services.

if you feel so adamant then join the patriot guard riders. You don't need a motorcycle to be a member. Just respect for those that serve.

www.patriotguard.org
#204328 - 02/21/07 11:25 AM Re: Stop the [Donkeys] Against Troops
Richard Candelario Offline
Thanks for the referral, Herc. Just signed up with PGR.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#204329 - 02/23/07 03:14 AM Re: Stop the [Donkeys] Against Troops
brown Offline
Loc: Belleville, MI
I know that what the Patriot Gaurds do is very respectful and noble, but its a shame that people had to organize themselves to stop protestors from disturbing funerals of fallen soldiers. Those protestors piss me off to no end, and to top it off they claim to do it all in the name of God.
#204330 - 02/23/07 06:15 PM Re: Stop the [Donkeys] Against Troops
2fast4u Offline
Loc: Livonia, MI
well i dont have a bike but i think im gonna join.....those protesters are ..well... i dont even know what word fits the stupidity of what they do/are doing. mad mad mad

I would just like to thank all the people who have served and are serving in the milatary usa

Mods: 11.87@115 strictly stock
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/98-GTP-burnout_207724.htm