Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#204622 - 02/01/09 10:46 PM Congrats Pittsburgh!!!
'01 GT Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Well, the Steelers earned it! Im glad Big Ben won it, they played like champions all year long! But, with the way the Cards fought back i was praying they would have won it, seeing as this is Warners last year...or so he says. lol Well any who....

CONGRATS PITTSBURGH STEELERS ON YOUR SIXTH LOMBARDI!!!!! thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
01 3.2 intercooled GT RIP
#204623 - 02/01/09 10:47 PM Re: Congrats Pittsburgh!!!
jorgs_7 Offline
Loc: Eagan,MN
jeez i was looking, those steelers are friggin' tanks compared to those cardinals, seriously
#204624 - 02/01/09 10:48 PM Re: Congrats Pittsburgh!!!
ChrisGT Offline
Loc: Cranston, RI
What Palsut said hahaha

04 GTO M6 | HE SS Clutch | Kooks LT's | SLP LM2 | K&N
Soon: APS TT kit wink

SOLD \/
01 GT | STr5 cam | PT-67 | 18-22psi

#204625 - 02/01/09 10:51 PM Re: Congrats Pittsburgh!!!
jorgs_7 Offline
Loc: Eagan,MN
that was such an intense toe dragger by the steelers to give em the lead, wow that was a great super bowl
#204626 - 02/01/09 10:56 PM Re: Congrats Pittsburgh!!!
'01 GT Offline
ya, i really wasnt shocked that it was a close game...the cards have one of the best offenses and the steelers have the best defense! I was just hoping that the Cards would pull through.

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
#204627 - 02/01/09 11:00 PM Re: Congrats Pittsburgh!!!
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
That was an awesome game. I was pulling for the Cards, but overall it was a thriller.
#204628 - 02/01/09 11:55 PM Re: Congrats Pittsburgh!!!
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
It was good game. Arizona did pretty good job but ran out of time. Now, football season is over so nascar is next. laugh

I'm sure tazfootball is partying right now. wink
#204629 - 02/01/09 11:57 PM Re: Congrats Pittsburgh!!!
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I guess I've got a bit of the sour grapes. I really wanted to see Warner cap his career off in style but I have to give credit where its due. Mike Tomlin is as much of a class act as they come and the Steeler organization is obviously a hard working, focused and dedicated bunch and they earned what they got.

Just from my personal point of view, I'm tired of the dynasties. I was so glad to see the Pats go down last year it wasnt funny. The only people who like watching teams repeat are their fans, to the reast of us I think its boring. I used to be an avid Cowboys fan, and while I still like them somewhat, this whole mentality that nothing short of a Super Bowl will do just makes me ill. Come to think of it Jerry Jones pretty much makes me ill. I think Belichek was the biggest reason I wanted to see the Pats bite the dust.
The Steelers played 60 minutes of all out football and never said die...the mark of champion to be sure...but if I dont see them anymore I wont be weeping. I'm ready for some fresh faces hoisting the trophy.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#204630 - 02/02/09 12:00 AM Re: Congrats Pittsburgh!!!
'01 GT Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
...but if I dont see them anymore I wont be weeping. I'm ready for some fresh faces hoisting the trophy.
WOOT PACKERS!!!! lol sorry i had to, its been 12 painful years!! frown frown

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
#204631 - 02/02/09 12:08 AM Re: Congrats Pittsburgh!!!
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
Yeah, I agree. It would be nice to see any teams who never won Super Bowl. That's why I'm hoping for Arizona but dang it. Too close!
#204632 - 02/02/09 07:47 AM Re: Congrats Pittsburgh!!!
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
Back during the season I was hoping Tennessee was going to be a contender. Kerry Collins had his best season in a long time.

Baltimore looked pretty strong and even though they have won the big game before I'd like to see Ray Lewis finish strong.

The Eagles have got to be carrying more angst than a little bit...wouldnt mind seeing them finally take the prize.

The Cards will pull a much harder schedule next year so it will be tough for them to be as competitive but we'll see.

San Diego is another bunch that just cant seem to finish strong but I'd still like to see them do well just once. They came so close against the Pats last year in the playoffs.

I have to admit it was an intense game and at least it wasnt a blowout. Gotta give Big Ben credit as well, he played tough and made big plays.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#204633 - 02/02/09 07:51 AM Re: Congrats Pittsburgh!!!
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Yep a good game. Just goes to show offense sells tickets defence wins championships.

Arizona won't make the post season next year without Warner. Lienert just doesn't have it.
#204634 - 02/02/09 04:56 PM Re: Congrats Pittsburgh!!!
tazfootball2 Offline
Loc: Westport, IN
Well, well. Now that I have sobered up from all the excitement and celebration and all those types of emotions, I have to say that might have been one of the best games ever played. Granted, each "best" game has a different type of tone, gameplay, situations, so it's hard to ever select ONE "best" game.

I have to give the Cards mad props for playing so tough in that game. They did everything they could and fell just short. Fitz should become a HOF type reciever and Warner should also make a case with his career. It will be a very hard road for them to get back to the big game next year, along with the defending champions, the Pittsbugh Steelers.

I've been a Steelers fan my whole life. I've lived the lifestyle of that city. I know what it's all about there. So if your a diehard fan you want them to win year after year after year. But if we were to lose to anyone this year I would've liked to see the Cards win it all.

Yes, I will talk trash from time to time but I also come to rational thinking and understand everyone else's view on the subject. I mean c'mon, there is always 2 sides to every story.

But yeah, that was an awesome Super Bowl, it just about had everything. So I won't talk too much trash, but we now have 6 Vince Lombardi trophies baby!!!!! Sixsburgh, time for a 7th! Best Franchise EVER!!!!! *for now LOL

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

#204635 - 02/02/09 05:04 PM Re: Congrats Pittsburgh!!!
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:

Arizona won't make the post season next year without Warner. Lienert just doesn't have it.
Do you realize the division they play in? You're a 49ers fan, like me, so you know how tough the NFC West is...lol.
#204636 - 02/03/09 07:29 AM Re: Congrats Pittsburgh!!!
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Yep lol. Seattle will bring game next year. They were plagued with injuries and they got some good coaches coming in. Arizona was lucky to get into the playoffs with a 9-7 record. NFC Worst needs some work.