Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#205131 - 12/24/07 09:38 AM Re: Q for photography buffs
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Okay, I'm in the process of having that order canceled. I contacted my CC company and they said to email the seller requesting them to cancel the order and if they still process the sale, my CC company will be able to help me at that point. I sent email and I'm trying to contact them by phone to request them to cancel due to I ordered in error.
Until then, I found this on Craigslist, any input?
http://austin.craigslist.org/ele/502881765.html

I'm thinking about trying to see if he'll be willing to take anything in partial trade. I've got a Sony video camera and I'll put up my Xbox game console with games, if he's willing.

*I will NOT finalize any sale without any input*
blush

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#205132 - 12/24/07 07:51 PM Re: Q for photography buffs
northtnguy Offline
Loc: Nashville, TN
I hope everything went ok on cancelling the order. thumbsup
Don
#205133 - 12/24/07 09:11 PM Re: Q for photography buffs
AustinGTP Offline
The latest item I've found is a used 6.3meg Canon Rebel for $225, body only. Comes with 512Mb Compact Flash Memory Card, USB Cable, Battery Charger, Battery, Strap and Manuals.

I went to Fry's Electronics today so I could touch some camera's. It was pretty tempting with some of the deals they had, but I want to stay Canon and the least expensive Canon Rebel they had was an 8 meg for $549.
I kept thinking about the 6.3 Meg used one for $225. Big difference in prices.

ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#205134 - 12/24/07 10:32 PM Re: Q for photography buffs
20gtp02 Offline
See if you can't spot any deals after this whole christmas rush. Many articles each year talking about greater deals after the christmas days!

#205135 - 12/25/07 12:32 AM Re: Q for photography buffs
northtnguy Offline
Here ya go. More than the used one, but not as expensive as the XTi. I think it's the same one you saw at Fry's and it comes from Amazon. I've had nothing but good results buying from Amazon.

Canon XT I think this is the one that Tim got his wife.

Click here for the review of it. It lists the differences between the 300D and the 350D.

Again, there will be a new one coming out in about 6-8 weeks and we all know what happens to prices once a new toy is introduced. cool

Don
#205136 - 12/25/07 12:46 AM Re: Q for photography buffs
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
Hey Bobby, its 12:44 EST and noradsanta.org shows tracking Santa over San Antonio TX as we speak...the big guy must be close so maybe he'll bring you the right camera laugh ...Merry Christmas

Don would be dead on once again...we did indeed buy the XT350D which at the time was the next step up from the 300D but not anywhere near the hi-zoot 20D. She liked the 350D for several reasons...mostly its ability to get fast shots and deliver an almost instant image on the LCD screen...very akin to a motor drive on a film camera. Once we armed it with a 1G memory card it has been a force to be reckoned with...she has snapped pics out the passenger window at 40-50mph which have come out crystal clear. She shoots many pics in RAW file format which yields a high resolution able to be enlarged to as big as 11x14...it has a tripod mount and a "hot shoe" as well as accepting all her Canon lenses with no issue...autofocus works flawlessly...it is slightly more compact than the 300D but definitely worth the extra coin.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#205137 - 12/25/07 10:38 AM Re: Q for photography buffs
AustinGTP Offline
Okay guys, purchase has been made.
Don, I was 2 clicks away from buying the XT from Amazon when I decided to do a search for an XTi, just to see what kind of deals Amazon had.
I found an XTi (body only), used/like new, for $479 from a 5 star seller. Also bought a 2gb SanDisk CF and all should be here on Thursday.
I figured for a little more $ I could get a lot more out of the camera than I was originally looking for.
The way I see it, I'm getting a lot more than the XT I saw at Fry's yesterday for about the same price.
The price for the XT plus the 2GB CF was $513 (normal shipping).
The price for the XTi plus the 2GB CF was $547 (next day shipping).
The way I see it, the used/like new XTi option was a no brainer over the new XT.

I thank you all for your input, the information you provided help me to go in what I think was the right direction.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

#205138 - 12/25/07 06:40 PM Re: Q for photography buffs
northtnguy Offline
eek hammer hammer hammer Bobby, I think you done good!!!!!!

I was thinking today how to put this into something car related to make it all fall into place, but I see you already did that by finally looking at the big picture and the advantages of one over the other for the money you were going to spend. I think you came out good with what you got.

Now ... get busy playing with that new camera with your existing lenses and show us some pictures!

You'll be able to take quite a few pictures with the 2gb card, too. Try to do some RAW shooting and process them with DPP that comes with the camera. If you don't get the disk with the camera, I think you can download it via Canon's website to get the latest firmware version of the DPP (Digital Photo Professional) Shoot, shoot and then shoot some more and READ THE MANUAL with the camera in your hands so you know where all the controls are.

If you have any questions after you get it, just give me a call ... I'll try to help you out.

Again, I'm happy for you laugh

Don
#205139 - 12/26/07 04:38 PM Re: Q for photography buffs
Blue03GTP Offline
Loc: Wi
Now start looking for a prime lens. 85mm F1.8 takes great pics.
#205140 - 01/03/08 12:05 AM Re: Q for photography buffs
northtnguy Offline
Hey Bobby ... how's that new camera working? Don't leave us hanging!! confused
#205141 - 01/03/08 08:18 AM Re: Q for photography buffs
AustinGTP Offline
I haven't rcv'd it yet. Due to the holidays, the warehouse that it's shipping from has been closed. I have been rcv'g email updates from the seller on a regular basis. At first he said the warehouse would be open on Saturday the 5th. I got an email from him yesterday that it looks like it will ship this week. I did pay for expedited shipping so I might be getting it either today or tomorrow.
As soon as I get it and start playing with it, I'll post up.

#205142 - 01/04/08 08:06 AM Re: Q for photography buffs
Blue03GTP Offline
Loc: Wi
What place did you order it from?
#205143 - 01/04/08 08:16 AM Re: Q for photography buffs
AustinGTP Offline
Amazon.com

#205144 - 01/05/08 04:13 PM Re: Q for photography buffs
northtnguy Offline
It'll be here and Amazon is always good about shipping when they say they will and are always good if there's a problem with being out of stock.

I know you can't wait to get it.

Don
#205145 - 01/05/08 08:46 PM Re: Q for photography buffs
AustinGTP Offline
Yeah, this guy I'm getting it from is top notch when it comes to customer service. I've rcv'd several emails from him updating me on the status. He said the warehouse it's shipping from generally ships the product to him first and he mails them out directly. Since my order got caught in the holiday season he said he had to pull some serious strings in order to get the warehouse to ship directly to me, cutting him out as the middle man. I should rcv it at work on Monday, with a slight chance of getting it on Tuesday instead. I was really hoping to get it Friday so I could play with it all weekend, but no luck there.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >