Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#205146 - 01/07/08 06:09 PM Re: Q for photography buffs
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Pkg arrived today, and boy was I surprised when I opened the box.
The following is what was in the box:
1 Canon Rebel XTi body
6 Batteries (yes, 6!)
2 Table Top Tripods
1 Thumb Drive CF Card Reader
1 Lens Cleaning Kit
2 Battery Chargers (1 std charger and 1 that can be charged in your car as well as with a wall socket)
Various cables, strap, disks and everything else that is expected in a new box.

Keep in mind that was advertised was a gently used XTi body, that's all I was expecting. Turns out the camera is a refurb, which to me that means it's better than used.

I've already snapped off some pics which I'll post later. Right now I gotta do the dishes and get dinner ready.

laugh

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#205147 - 01/07/08 06:32 PM Re: Q for photography buffs
Richard Candelario Offline
I think you just made out like a bandit. Great buy, and am lookin forward to seeing what the new camera can do.

Whatcha makin for dinner? Mind if I come over? lol

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#205148 - 01/08/08 12:28 AM Re: Q for photography buffs
northtnguy Offline
Loc: Nashville, TN
Wow, you got more than what was bargained for. cheers

Nothing wrong with a refurb ... and you're right, it's better than used. It means it was gone over personally by one of the techs. Which means, if something was wrong, it was taken care of. Better than being boxed up off the assembly line and shipped out with no close inspection!

I'll be looking for pictures soon!!
#205149 - 01/08/08 08:15 AM Re: Q for photography buffs
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
I didn't get to post any of the pics I took last night, I got too busy reading the owners manual and watching LSU take the National Championship. laugh

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#205150 - 01/09/08 10:04 PM Re: Q for photography buffs
northtnguy Offline
Loc: Nashville, TN
The best way to learn the new camera ... owner's manual in one hand, camera in the other! wink